Thread: DHK's

15+ Year Old Account

DHK's

Why did they get rid of them exactly? And do you think they should be brought back or no?
    "We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

Cuz they were annoying. And no becouse they are annoying.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a person with low information, what DHK´s stand for?
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by NPEC View Post
    For a person with low information, what DHK´s stand for?
    Dishonorable Kills. It was a mechanic that lowered one's honor, should they kill PvP flagged guards or quest npcs. vlw

10+ Year Old Account
    Dishonourable Kills, You lose honor when you killed grey enemies / low level npcs's Or something to that effect

Bring them back!

Dishonorable kills. In early vanilla you lost honor points if you killed someone who was sufficiently below you in level (10 levels lower? can't remember). It was supposed to minimize ganking and griefing. I don't remember why, but they got rid of them at some point.

Dishonourable kills. You got them ages ago for killing lowbies, and some other things (correct me if I'm wrong)
    But if you were raiding a city and accidentally killed some lowbies it was basically impossible to rank up that week. That's why they are annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes
    u cant ur gonna have to own up and if hes a wow nerd hes gonna kill u and get his wrathful gladiators claymore and chop ur head and ur balls of and then he will feed them to u. only if hes a true wow nerd tho

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tks, my brain is not powerfull enhougt to made the conection.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    In the game manual it talked about how you could have so many DHKs your own faction would disown you. Was this in game?
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

I actually think bringing back DHK's would be a good idea, as long as they modified them a little bit. Just have them apply to killing PC's at least 10 levels or lower than you are. NPC's don't count. Also, in a major city, all kills count as HK's (it's easy enough to lose your flag in your faction's major cities, even on pvp servers). That ways, it stops the griefers to at least some extent, and doesn't really have any downsides to doing anything else.

"You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions I command!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No Fucking Way should they be brought back in any form or shape.

Imagine the following: 40 lvl 80s vs 39 level 80s with one level 40. Or, if you prefer, a lvl 70 twink (those can actually be fairly hard to kill if built right).

The entire enemy team would run away screaming like pansies on the sight of the dreaded <civilian> tag.

Absolutely bring it back. Perhaps we can have a pieceful Crossroads for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    No Fucking Way should they be brought back in any form or shape.

Imagine the following: 40 lvl 80s vs 39 level 80s with one level 40. Or, if you prefer, a lvl 70 twink (those can actually be fairly hard to kill if built right).

The entire enemy team would run away screaming like pansies on the sight of the dreaded <civilian> tag.
    except that only npcs gave DHKs

not players

edit #3 or something: I remember the bread vendor in barrens to be a DHK for example, all npcs that didnt attack you were civilians.

SO:

DHKs were totally useless, I remember having like 5 or something and they didnt do anything.

Dumb idea

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    In the game manual it talked about how you could have so many DHKs your own faction would disown you. Was this in game?
    It was said that if you killed so and so many you got a title which made everybody your enemy but I dont think that was true, dunno.
    Last edited by trice; 2010-08-03 at 07:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guy on Emerald Dream i believe held the record for the most dishonorable kills ever, went by the name Mortiss or somthing close to that, but its been a long time since i last seen him, ether changed his name or quit late BC, he had a WoW Wiki page for a time
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trice View Post
    except that only npcs gave DHKs

not players

edit #3 or something: I remember the bread vendor in barrens to be a DHK for example, all npcs that didnt attack you were civilians.

SO:

DHKs were totally useless, I remember having like 5 or something and they didnt do anything.

Dumb idea

---------- Post added 2010-08-03 at 07:41 PM ----------

It was said that if you killed so and so many you got a title which made everybody your enemy but I dont think that was true, dunno.
    I remember the mushroom vendor in Tarren Mill specifically. And yes, DHKs definitely did something if you were grinding for honour ranks. They ruined your push for the week.

The above post mentioned something about lowbies, hence my comment about the raids. They'd be even worse than semi-smart npcs.