10+ Year Old Account

Leveling hunter needs advice

So basically, im leveling my hunter to 80, i mean ive always been BM till about 64 ish when i rolled MM for 2 levels, i went back BM just cause my pets cant handle my aggro and stuff as MM, but as BM its just as bad, even with a devilsaur pet i out aggro him then end up going oom every fight avoiding death.

i also find that BM has significantly less buttons to press and it bores me to death pressing the same 4 things over and over, whereas MM was much funner and better to play, the damage was mad aswell.

so my question is - Do you think its worth Staying as beast mastery and grabbing a pet like a rhino from borean, or going MM again and getting a pet like a crocolisk or a gorilla which can actually hold my aggro?

Edit : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Imkitingyou is my armory
    rolling with devilsaur at the moment, i did have a raptor as MM
    Last edited by Martyn 470; 2010-08-02 at 01:40 PM.

Personally when I leveled my hunter to 80 he was BM most of time, but I to got bored a lot, and I would recommend whatever you like better and go with that.

BM is just so fast. I use a bear pet for leveling ... with swipe and thunderstomp, it's pretty much impossible to grab aggro from him. Plus he can tank like 5 mobs at a time while I pick them off.

I leveled as all tree specs, i prefer MM the best.. When mobs get to you, they are dead anyway. Cant say that for BM.

btw, hows your cat doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    i was considering getting a rhino pet as MM but i checked and its BM only, so im prolly going to get a crocolisk as a pet or a gorilla if i go marksman, im still mixed between getting a rhino as BM to tank, going MM and getting a tank pet or something.

I leveled BM with a corehound and it was quick..make sure You use all of your pets talent pts as well..I've seen some ppl forget them and that might explain why your pulling aggro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    I leveled as all tree specs, i prefer MM the best.. When mobs get to you, they are dead anyway. Cant say that for BM.

btw, hows your cat doing?
    she died unfortunately, we put her to rest in the garden where she always liked to sit.

Also, use a pet that has charge. Helps a lot.

I hated Rhino..because it knocks the mob back..alot of time out range..so you have to run up and get back in range. I trained the white corehound Kurken on azurmyst isle..and he was awesome..I still use him when i farm using BM spechttp://www.wow-petopia.com/look/nian.html

Hunters are terribly boring to level. Can't really help that. Mine is stuck on 73 because I literally fall asleep at the keyboard trying to level him. Doesn't matter what spec, either. Using aspect of the viper to regain mana helps with downtime, but they are just a boring class to level.

10+ Year Old Account
    i tried taming that white core hound and hes not actually a tank pet, hes ferocity like devilsaurs so he cant tank for shit against me, i think im gonna have to go for a rhino,

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for a bear or croc, they are the best tanking pets. Personally I levelled a dps pet while I levelled, simply because marks has so much damage output that everything died before it got to me.