Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Meh. If the people in your BG are good, they're all watching the map anyway, and commands are given/agreed upon via vent.

The idea of a "commander" in a bg is cool, but it's really more just boys playing out their fantasies. In a real premade vs premade match, everyone if they're any good sees what needs to happen at the same time. Last time I was in one, there was some shift in arathi basin and like three people would call out the same command on vent at the same time.

Most useful addon imo would be to estimate enemy positions on the map. I mean, in arathi you can stand at LM and see literally every other person in the game, im not sure why your engine can't triangulate their position on the map with class-coded dots. And for bigger BGs, well the addon would communicate with other copies of itself so anywhere you had a player with the addon, the data would be transfering to all others. Might be impossible/a resource hog, I wouldn't know, but it would be more useful than moving raid frames for your friendlies.

Actually come rated battlegrounds, which is where the addon is meant to be utilised does require someone in charge.
    They are not formed randomly, but pugged specifically and therefore coordination and communication is required.

Your idea of triangulation is all well and good, until you consider that you cannot determine the location of a hostile target as far as I know through any means accessible by an addon.
    The aim of this addon is to provide an interface for the important information and status changes that would otherwise require voice communication or many other addons to provide.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to "triangulate" when you're not able to get 1) your height above THAT piece of ground, and 2) distance from you to target. Neither of these things is available from the WoW API, to the extent of my knowledge.

I use some pseudo-range code in my addon to determine which enemies are in range of the player. First off, it uses the API to determine which friendly players are in range using map coordinates. Enemies are determined to be in range if: they attacked you or a friendly player, in range, in the last x seconds; you or a friendly player, in range, attacked them in the last x seconds; they were healed by an enemy, that was determined to be in range, in the last x seconds, or they healed an enemy, that was determined to be in range, in the last x seconds.

If your whole team is running the addon, I think this method would be sufficient. Works pretty well for me with a default 5 second cutoff.

Deleted
    I could get range information (is the play within 40yds of friendlies), then possibly triangulate locations. However, since that would require lots of addon comm, I'm not sure if I'll really implement it.

This looks like an amazing addon idea!
    Seems also be useful without being in a rated bg.

Do you have something like a feature list?

Which font do you use in this picture?

Deleted
    Aenigma Scrawl 4 BRK.

Hey treeston..

just want to hear if u got an little update for us waiting with cold hands to see some new to this addon

Deleted
    Not yet since I haven't had a lot of time (and inspiration) going into the addon in the last few weeks.

I plan to get back to work full-scale in the next 7-14 days and finally finish up the setup assistant so the real coding can begin.

oki sound awsome.. cant wait