Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The game is 12+ years not 18.. kids are kids live with it dude

You obviously said something that had broken the TOS in some way or form or you would not have received a 2 day ban. Remember playing WoW is a privileged not a right. You break the rules and you are out, who gives a shit if you pay a monthly fee. Considering you are pending a permanent ban I would assume you had said some pretty rough things in chat in addition to the GM. IMO get banned so no one has to deal with your retardation in chat again.

I have a seperate chat channel for trade/general and one for guild/party/whispers. If for some unknown reason I need to use trade channel I just switch between the 2, dodge the anal and thunderfury spam, then get the hell back out while im still alive. So i do both :P

I report people in trade chat all the time, and I'll tell you why.

1) Any spamming trade-chat idiot (you know the type, every server has them. A sort of loose clique of people who use trade chat as their personal IRC chat room, and insult or generally behave rudely to people who aren't part of their trade-idiot clique) that I can get banned even temporarily is a benefit to the server at large. These turds seriously need to find something better to do with their time.

2) I report people for extreme foul language constantly. And it doesn't even remotely offend me. Do you know why I do that? I'll tell you. I do it because I have enough common sense not to call people c*cksuckers and fagg*ts in a public forum, and everyone else should have that common sense too. That's right. If you are stupid enough to use that kind of language (or have an believably offensive character or guild name) in a public forum, you deserve to be reported and banned.

Either or neither of those might apply to you, OP. However, I hope that answered your question about rather or not I ignore or report. Ignore is used for people who are being legitimately irritating to me personally. Report is used for people who demonstrate by their behavior that they are too stupid to deserve access to WoW.
    Last edited by Laughriot; 2010-08-02 at 06:02 PM.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Quote Originally Posted by lorrel View Post
    I still think a ban is a little over the top when you can simply ignore someone. I certainly don't QQ to Blizzard when someone says something I don't like. I don't report players for using trade for other things than trade. It's simple. You don't like something that's said. Ignore them. Leave the channel. Don't read it. Simple fucking problem. Simple fucking solution. I have a list of people I've ignored for that reason. I'm not a complete dick who has to report everyone every time someone who says something I don't like.

The entire time this was happening a friend of mine who has kids actually laughed right along side me and defended me, along with others, simply telling the person to ignore me, leave chat*, etc. So for me to get banned because a couple of people are offended and cannot just simply ignore me is a fail on their part. Not mine.

Next time someone says something that offends me I know just to get a couple friends to report them just because I can and get them banned. Simple enough. =D
    And that is perfectly fine, reporting people for breaking in game rules is not fail on Blizzard's part, it's fail for the idiot breaking the rule in the first place. Feel free to report whomever you want, that's why the option is there, but until then, enjoy your ban=D

And please no "if this game sucks why are you still playing" - I just answered that.
    I found your problem. If I have a problem with what you're doing in game, I should just leave. If you have a problem with the way I want to enjoy the game, then you shouldn't have to leave.

Unfortunately for you, the Trade chat was meant for everyone. Telling someone to leave it if they don't like is not a solution. The onus is upon you to conform to the rules that are set for the game, not upon others to ignore violations and exclude a part of the game that others are making uncomfortable, offensive or simply annoying.

I hope this trend of banning offenders continues across all the realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshkrusher View Post
    And that is perfectly fine, reporting people for breaking in game rules is not fail on Blizzard's part, it's fail for the idiot breaking the rule in the first place. Feel free to report whomever you want, that's why the option is there, but until then, enjoy your ban=D
    This right here is why you got banned. If you don't like the ban then learn to not break the rules. Very simple. Feel free to report all who break the rules and get them banned, eventually once enough of you and the other rule breakers are gone, I'll be able to use trade chat for what it should be used for. If you need a channel for people to converse with you just simply make one for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    Because people are tired of other people who abuse trade chat for stuff that doesn't have anything to do with trading.
    qft

Why would you have a conversation in the trade chat in the first place?

Also, I'm amazed that it was acually possible have a conversation there, on my server (horde @ Stormscale-EU) /2 is flooded with LFM-messages 24/7 :P

Because people are tired of other people who abuse trade chat for stuff that doesn't have anything to do with trading.
    quoted for truth

10+ Year Old Account
    ToS, remember that? You agreed to it, I suggest reading over it again and reminding yourself the error of your ways. Because that thing you got banned for,offensive language is applied in the rules of every social game, live with it. A suspension will give you time to think about what you said, and maybe next time you will learn not to speak such filth on trade, even if it was a joke dude.

And maybe you were suspended because of this "lovely" response to this GM.

Deleted
    So I'm having a conversation in trade chat
    There's your problem.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    depends on what you said. chances are if you offended one person you offended others as well.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

haha i hope u get ur account banned forever

It's trade chat. It's not free speech chat. So you were in the wrong place tbh. Sure, I chat in there all the time but I'm careful what I say, you should be too.

Basically, it's like having a conversation in the break room at work about sex. A coworker gets offended and you tell them if it offends you then leave the room. It's a break room, not a sex talk room.

You should have been banned IMO. I give you respect for being one of the few in wow that will be mature about it and apologize for offending others (whether that's true or you're just adding fluff to your arguement to win over the opinion of your peers) you're still in the wrong for having that conversation in a place it shouldn't be had.

Next time be more careful. Create your own channel and invite people who are in your conversation who you know won't be offended by what you have to say.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.

It doesn't take long to report someone for being a d-bag in chat; it's not like the person that reported you had a nice long chat with the GM and pleaded that you be suspended. A couple clicks and it's done.

You should've just /ignored him TBH...

Instead, this person opens a ticket complains to a GM and gets me suspended for 2 days (pending a permanent ban based on my lovely response to the GM).
    If you aren't even smart enough to watch your mouth in a conversation with the person who decides whether or not to ban you, I doubt you were as polite or upstanding with the guy who wanted you to quit spamming trade chat as you claim you were.

Signature courtesy of Safhira.

10+ Year Old Account
    To anyone who says just ignore...no. When all the tradetards on my server have had a little grape juice and their sugar is up trade moves at a mile a minute. I'd have to spend quite a bit of time clicking ignore when these morons get to serial linking of Rowans Rifle of Silver Bullets (which is a favorite pastime) or Anal [Slam]. Why should I have to take the time to scroll up and click ignore on every little moron. Besides its like a Hydra...ignore one idiot and 2 grow back to take their place. And as someon pointed out even if you ignore every single one this does nothing to clean up trade...YOUR actual trade messages are still gettin wiped by [Ferocious][Butt Pounding][For the Children]. Do i report...no almost never. But just saying ignore or gtfo of trade is not fair. Im glad yer ass got banned OP...and i wish more people would as well.

My REAL pet peeve with the whole anal linking thing is that none of it is new and original...I mean shit like '[It's over 9000!] anal' doesn't even make any damn sense. People who link this crap are either or both a) complete morons who think ANYTHING with the word anal in it is funny or b)trolls. If yer gonna ruin trade over so called 'jokes'...at least make them funny.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Exactly this.

Sure, I have the choice to leave Trade, but I also have the choice to report you. The former is an inconvenience for me since I might miss out on some actually relevant chat (you know, related to Trade), while the latter is inconvenient for you.

Guess what I'm going to choose.