I saw a lot of ideas floating around to help enhancement, i figured id compile some of the ones i thought were better (or i saw multiple times) and some of my own.

If youve been paying attention you know what a enhancement shamans main beef is, our proc reliant dps, this causes us A) to feel like we are not in control of our own damage and B) causes us to do noticeably worse on movement fights then other melee dps. On a sidenote C) causes us to do worse in pvp which makes the issue very apparent, even if burst was diminished in pvp it would be important, its something we have, but only when the planets align so to speak.

What parts of our damage is proc based?

Windfury-With the removal of the internal cooldown (supposedly) in cata, it might not be too much of an issue. Id say this should be our only truly random proc based attack

Static shock

Maelstrom weaponx5

Now its mainly those 3, but that usually makes up to 30% of our dps. 40% of our dps is white attacks, that leaves another 30% of dps we actually control. I think we should controll closer to 50% of our dps or gain roughly 20% more control.

Here are some ideas that were meant to make us less "proccy" while not overcluttering our priority lists for doing damage.

Static shock change-Static shock no longer is a % chance to proc on melee attack, but instead a 100% chance to proc on any of our damage attacks (stormstrike, lavalash, shocks, lightningbolt/lavaburst, only activated damage attacks, not things like searing totem pulses). Damage can be adjusted accordingly. atm this does between 5-10% of our dps, when we spend 6 talent points (imp shields and static shock) I think its damage contribution should be increased for such a investment. While i love windfury, it seems like the most obviousy source to diminish, trying to take away roughly 5% of windfurys dps and provide to to static shock would put it inline (causing windfury, our completly random dps mechanic, to provide only 10% of our dps instead of 15%).

Maelstrom weapon change- (partial fix cuz i cant see how to make it entirely not proc based without making it very OP or UP) When in combat maelstrom weapon passively generates stacks at a slower rate then if we were dpsing, its rate increases when we are dpsing, % chance of a stack occuring can be adjusted as needed for balance issues.

another perspective we could make maelstrom weapon just a passive stack accumulation when in combat balanced at whatever rate it needs to be balanced for. I think a lot of people would dislike this because it would take player control completly out of the equation, however it would sorta give us a anchor in our dps priority beacuse every so many seconds we will get a instant attack (main problem is its pretty passive and probably considered a boring way to do it). Id say keep the stack accumulation if this were to happen because of pvp balance (so people can take measures to keep us from getting our instant attack by dispelling.)

With changes like these (obviously wont be these, and maybe it even shouldnt be these) we would gain rougly 25% more control over our dps. MWx5=15%, statich shock=10% lowering wf=10%

Obviously some of you might say "our dps contribuations will change in cata GG noob" yes this is true, thats why i asked if you like these ideas, or the direction these ideas are heading because i know they probably wont be applicable the way they are.