The reason why people like Vanilla better then WOTLK.

The community wasn't full of rude trashy douchebags thinking they can say whatever they want over the internet and not get penalized for it.

Deleted
    Hypocrite.

15+ Year Old Account
    No it pretty much was actually, there were just less people in general so you didn't run in to them as much. I just liked the game better. It was more simple, yet more intricate at the same time. Far fewer addons, and far less blizz interface stuff. Honestly, if people now days had to look for glowing hands to hit counterspell, instead of watching an enemy cast bar, they would shit themselves. If people had to actually not stand in fire, and watch for emotes, and actually cleanse and decurse on bosses, they wouldn't make it.

So basically, there was less going on back in the day, but it took far more concentration to keep up with everything. Now days, there is a lot more going on, but everyone has mods that tell them exactly what, and what not to do. Not to mention that blizz has sold out and given a lot of addons as their default ui now, so it's even worse.

How were they penalized before that they arent now?

when WotLK was released douchebags weren't suddenly all hitting 12 years old..

Douchebags played since release just as much as good players joined in WotLK

Next topic please..
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

People that claim they like Vanilla more are suffering from nostalgia bias.
    Loremaster Papelbon - Level 80 Gnome Warlock - US Elune

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    TROLL and HYPOCRITE.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Deleted
    The community wasn't full of rude trashy douchebags thinking they can say whatever they want over the internet and not get penalized for it.
    Agree

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    there are approximately the same percentage of "douchebags" around as in vanilla ... there are only more subscribers, and therefore more people shouting around, thinking they know how all works and not listening to others

I think there are enough resonable players out there ... hiding, waiting to be found

Honestly, i retract my statement. Instead over the passed 5 years being a rude, "rebel", fucking asshole has become more acceptable over the internet as a whole. It's sad.

---------- Post added 2010-08-02 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fenway View Post
    People that claim they like Vanilla more are suffering from nostalgia bias.
    I played vanilla, i raided hardcore, i personally like WOTLK better it just gets boring a lot faster considering i have seen everything before.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's no real way to tell, I just leave the reasoning to two things:

• Nostalgia.
    • People like to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarutak View Post
    Amen. This game is a cesspool as far as the community goes right now.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

Quote Originally Posted by Zanardam View Post
    TROLL and HYPOCRITE.
    Exactly my point. Really, all caps? Do you even know the meaning of those words? Please explain to me how i am being either.

---------- Post added 2010-08-02 at 04:15 PM ----------

Btw Holyana, I raided with centered back in vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarutak View Post
    Please explain to me how i am being either.
    Hypocrite -

Fistly "Rude" When you said "Do you even know the meaning of those words?"
    Secondly "Trashy" When you said "rude, "rebel", fucking asshole"
    Thridly "thinking they can say whatever they want over the internet and not get penalized for it." Yet you sit and trashtalk others, when its obvious you will be penalised.

You. Are. A. Hypocrite.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's quite enough of this.