Thread: h marrowgar 10m

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

h marrowgar 10m

I know in heroic 10 marrowgar that when he goes into the bone storm that, from the center of the room, mt runs to the left wall, ot runs to the right wall by the stairs, and hunter runs to the door and everyone else groups up in the middle. My question when does everyone goto that formation? right when bone storm starts? or a 2 or 3 sec before? i have done this fight myself but never as a tank or the hunter that runs to the door. I am trying to show people that have not done it before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Melee and I usually run out 3 secs before he Bonestorms.

Run out a few seconds before the storm.

To be honest we really had no set formation when I was still playing, bonestorm ticks are nothing if your not stacking fire damage with it. Just run out and use your best judgement.

so one uses the strat that i am talking about for heroic?

Deleted
    well the hunter at the door isn't needed but yes tactic seems like the one most guilds use

It doesn't really matter, you can run out a few seconds early or just as he begins bonestorm - he targets one of the tanks/hunter as soon as he starts so he doenn't spin on the raid long enough at the start for it to be a problem.

Everyone should stay with in the large circle in the middle of the room. Tanks can go to the opposite sides of this circle to make Marrowgar bounce between them. If you are on the edge of the Bonestorm it will not kill you. Everyone else stays towards the middle to break spikes quicker and for AoE heals.

thanks that is what i was looking for is when to tell the tanks and teh hunter to run because i have to teach people that have never done it before, I personally think the fight cake with that strat

Deleted
    Not sure what the importance of this tactic is tbh...

First time i did the fight in HC we had to 9 man it as on of our dps decided to DC and we couldnt be arsed to wait. For this we had no hunter and as i tank i just followed marrowgar around during storm phase in order to get some threat on him as soon as as the storm phase was over.

The damage is easily healed through (even using a 2 healer setup) and therefore just concentrate on nuking down the spikes and avoiding the cold flame

Deleted
    Who cares? You have 30% buff - go stay in middle...

We've used this tactic in 25M. If you have the hunter move out 2-3 seconds before storm, then your tanks should have enough time to make it into position when he goes for his next storm victim.

10man heroic marrowgar is completely depended by your healers, if your healers are good (with the buff at 30% i sure hope so) then it really doesn't matter where you stand, now we just stack on one side and move to the opposite when he comes to us.

Deleted
    the reasoning behind this tactic is that marrowgar always bounces in between the furthest targets, minimizes bonestorm ticks and makes flames easier to avoid, aswell as lets the ranged dps continue dps:ing marrowgar and spikes easier for the melee.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    We always just run after the boss to dps it during bonestorm, isn't that how you're supposed to do it with the 30% buff?

^ this is the answer you're looking for @ OP

Edit: dammit, the one Chonaire said.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dsM22 View Post
    Not sure what the importance of this tactic is tbh...

First time i did the fight in HC we had to 9 man it as on of our dps decided to DC and we couldnt be arsed to wait. For this we had no hunter and as i tank i just followed marrowgar around during storm phase in order to get some threat on him as soon as as the storm phase was over.

The damage is easily healed through (even using a 2 healer setup) and therefore just concentrate on nuking down the spikes and avoiding the cold flame
    The importance of the tactic is when marrow is running from one side to the room to the other its giving DPS & healers in the middle some time to DPS spikes & throw off heals.

Of course over gearing and a 30% buff might make this tactic pointless.

ZERG, you're in at least 264s at this point and it is 10 man with 30% buff.

the enrage timer on that fight is basically impossibly to reach. dps is not in any way shape or form an issue.

don't even try to do damage durring bone storm. just spread out, kill spikes and pop a DG when your raid healer gets spiked.

tanks run way out to the side because they don't desperately need heals after taking a couple bonestorm ticks so they can be far away from healers and hopefully make marrowgar head over to the side where he is harmless for a couple seconds.

if the fight gives you any trouble just run 1 extra healer.

you would have to do like 4k dps each to hit the enrage timer.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I'm Melee and I usually run out 3 secs before he Bonestorms.
    This^
    Insert Signiture here.