Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Female Satyrs and Ogres?

This question has been bothering me from a long time. Is there a female Satyr? I mean, all the satyr populated zones have only male ones. What about their reproduction? Same goes for Ogres, I mean come on , a female ogre might be the ugliest thing that you could imagine but it still has to be seen. Are blizzard gay or something? Seriously...
    ?

considering that harpys reproduce by.......(click by own discretion)......http://www.wowwiki.com/Harpy

might be the same way...i dunno (based off the fact that male harpys dont exist)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess female ogres would look something like http://www.wowhead.com/npc=12201 without the 2 extra arms, ofc. For the satyr, i have no idea :S, maybe they summon baby satyr with demonic rituals? anyway looking @ most of the female races i don't think the guys @ blizzard are gay, atleast not most of them.

Deleted
    Wasn't there a halloween mask of a female ogre, made in an attempt to cover up the fact that they gave away the identity of the two new races in the then unnamed expansion(Cata)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pitar99a View Post
    Are blizzard gay or something? Seriously...?
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

But really, cba with making female models for every single race in WoW. It's as silly as wanting female versions of every class in Team Fortress 2: What's the point but to please whining feminists? I can understand playable races because you want an avatar representing you, but non-playable races? Waste of time, really.

In most cases, Blizzard does not employ gender diversity for regular mobs. I think Vrykul are one of the few NPC creatures that have both male and female versions, while ogres, Broken, pygmies and kobolds only have males.
    In theory, female satyr should exist, even with diverse races thrown in the mix (gnome satyr, lol). But those are purely cosmetic and would serve no additional purpose other than bringing flavor.

...speaking of which, have there been any reports about female Gilgoblins?

Deleted
    Satyrs are demons, they don't need to reproduce. And if they do, they are probably hermaphrodites like snails.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Satyrs are demons, they don't need to reproduce. And if they do, they are probably hermaphrodites like snails.
    I believe they "reproduce" by corrupting and cursing their victims, notably by the Dirk of the Beast, granted to Xavius by Sargeras to help spread the Satyr corruption.

15+ Year Old Account
    I suddenly feel a strong desire to see a female satyr. They have a strong potential. All the stuff they were too shy to draw on succubus...

As stated above demons dont really reproducce and that satyr curse might work only on males etc and Ogre females would be just too ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope they make these models.

Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-08-03 at 11:22 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

When blizz model a new race they create the male version first and create the female version later. With Ogre's and Satyr's they made the male version but either never saw any point in a female version or never got round to making it. It may have been on the to-do list at some stage but no one could be arsed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalehan View Post
    I believe they "reproduce" by corrupting and cursing their victims, notably by the Dirk of the Beast, granted to Xavius by Sargeras to help spread the Satyr corruption.
    i meant it does not matter if someone is male/female if they get stabbed/cursed. I think there is no difference in terms of looking etc.. And demons don't die of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    I suddenly feel a strong desire to see a female satyr. They have a strong potential. All the stuff they were too shy to draw on succubus...
    Like lots of fur?

Ew.

Signature courtesy of Safhira.

Female satyrs do exist in the pen and paper RPG. There is just no model for them in WoW.

And, given that Satyrs don't wear much clothing and WoW has a 12y rating, it will probably stay that way as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Female satyrs do exist in the pen and paper RPG. There is just no model for them in WoW.

And, given that Satyrs don't wear much clothing and WoW has a 12y rating, it will probably stay that way as well.
    Could you provide a link?
    Im very interested to see how Blizzard designed them, seeing as the people above speculate them being egg planting, hermaphrodite, corrupted beings.

Picture from the Warcraft I manual, believed to be a female ogre.

15+ Year Old Account
    Satyr are corrupted Nightelves (usually).

If Male Nightelves can be cursed into Male Satyr, the same could be said that Female Nightelves can be cursed and turned into Female Satyr.

Why we haven't seen any so far in the RTS or in WoW itself I have no idea, but they have to exist.

Given we already have female races ingame which wear little to no clothing (Naga, Shivvara, Succubus and Harpy being a few off the top of my head) I don't see how Female Satyr are that much of a stretch.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Power View Post
    Could you provide a link?
    Im very interested to see how Blizzard designed them, seeing as the people above speculate them being egg planting, hermaphrodite, corrupted beings.
    They're in the Warcraft Manual of Monsters. They are basically a template for any elf, since satyrs are basically corrupt night elves. There are high elven satyrs too, but they are much rarer. So a female satyr would essentially look similar to a female night elf with some fur and horns probably. In fact, they'd look like a lot like succubi most likely without the wings and with more fur most likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Putricidegoodnews View Post
    considering that harpys reproduce by.......(click by own discretion)......http://www.wowwiki.com/Harpy

might be the same way...i dunno (based off the fact that male harpys dont exist)
    Rape by harpy.... neat.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.