Poll: Who is worse?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks destroy anything that is in their way.

Death Knights just destroy anything for the sake of destroying
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15 View Post
    Death Knights, they were known to have been killing families and stuff.
    Raising the family from the dead after you killed them just comes out worse to me. xD

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    when I read your post I got the impression you were kind of glorifying the death knights

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    Warlocks use unstable, evil magic and are forced to gather in basements they can be rather respectable people.
    death kinghts hide away in their own flying fortress, far far away from any major city, where they got spit at

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    While Death Knights are completely in control of their undead minions they were once minions of the Lich King.
    warlocks are also in complete control of their powers or minions ... we warlocks just love to make someone suffer and beg for mercy

I prefer warlocks, like them more than those strange plate-wearing animals who want to kill their former employee
    Last edited by vemynal; 2010-08-03 at 12:54 PM. Reason: adding something

Death Knights.

They're pretty much the same in the "enslaving evil for good" department, but the Lich King is a more recent memory than the second war.

If it wasn't for a certain warlock death knights would not even be a mentionable entity ...

Death Knights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks seem to have a much more malicious intent than Death Knights if only because most Death Knights are being controlled or manipulated while Warlocks seem to be doing what they do for some sort of lust for power.

Besides, Warlocks were the ones that basically started the First War and created the first Death Knights. I know that Kil'jaeden was pulling the strings, but isn't he technically a Warlock, too?
    Last edited by Nahte; 2010-08-03 at 02:56 PM.

Death Knights without a doubt.
    Sorry Warlocks, you are no longer the most "evil" class.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks doesn't destroy stuff... they summon demons into the world to use for their own purposes (in raids, to take down a baddie!). I don't really consider them evil. They are not accepted by the rest of society because the rest of society is afraid of what warlocks do (controlling demons, which they consider unstable. Using fire is not really worse than a fire mage.) I would probably consider a shadow priest more evil, because they are really trying to be EVIL.

So I vote Death Knight, although I don't really consider many of them evil, since they are trying to make up for the sins they caused as slaves. Again, using the powers you posess I don't consider evil, but you have to use it for the right purposes. Why is a Death Knight or Warlock more evil than a Warrior if they fight the same enemy? If they slaughtered their own allies to rise them as minions, that would be a completely different matter, but that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jaddison View Post
    The difference is:
    warlocks fell to evil
    Deathkinght broke free from and fight evil
    Warlcoks are way worse
    ^^This
    Jasera - 80 Protection Warrior
    Neytira - 80 Enhancement Shaman
    Brolmir - 80 Marksmanship Hunter
    Doombringr - 80 Frost Death Knight

I'd say warlocks since they willingly summon demons and stuff but dk's didn't.I mean they were controlled by LK and have been doing pretty good things ever since? They didnt choose to have dark powers tc

I'd guess Death Knights in the eyes of NPCs. While Warlocks are likely more objectively evil, that's not the question being asked. Unlike Death Knights, Warlocks can hide what they are. So while Death Knights visiting the King is likely something all citizens of Stormwind are aware of, Warlocks training in the cellars of the Slaughtered Lamb only a small amount of them would know about. Your aveage person also doesn't really know the fact that the Death Knights became Death Knights against their will.

To clarify, PC warlocks can't be too evil or powerhungry...if you'll listen to the trainers, Warlocks who follow such paths destroy themselves. They're about moderation, in a way.

I don't really care to vote in this, just thought I'd throw lore are you and then leave.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks seem like more of a Chaotic Neutral, and Death Knights seem like Chaotic Evil.
    It may just be me though.

Deleted
    Shadowpriests!

After all, they chose the dark-side.

Eh, hard to say.
    Warlocks lore wise are supposed to work for power, regardless of the cost. They do however still mostly work for their faction, and still have emotions.

Death Knights work for the Ebon Blade, first and foremost. Their ties to the alliance/horde are out of necessity more than any real desire to work with them. All they want is the Lich King dead.

On alignment, I'd say Warlocks are anywhere from Lawful evil to Neutral evil, with some better ones being Chaotic Neutral.
    DKs on the other hand are decidedly Neutral Evil at their best, most would probably fit nicely into Chaotic evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allforone View Post
    Eh, hard to say.
    Warlocks lore wise are supposed to work for power, regardless of the cost. They do however still mostly work for their faction, and still have emotions.

Death Knights work for the Ebon Blade, first and foremost. Their ties to the alliance/horde are out of necessity more than any real desire to work with them. All they want is the Lich King dead.

On alignment, I'd say Warlocks are anywhere from Lawful evil to Neutral evil, with some better ones being Chaotic Neutral.
    DKs on the other hand are decidedly Neutral Evil at their best, most would probably fit nicely into Chaotic evil.

Some Warlocks are anarchistic Chaotic Evils. while some DK are lawful good seeking only redemption and a wholesome life despite thier often...unorthodox methods. i.e. Thassarian raising Lurid. and torturing a Lich (Lawful Extreme evil)

Deleted
    Eeeh... probably Death Knights, for quite a few reasons.

Deleted
    I'd say that in general, Warlocks are more evil, as they chose that path. But at the end of the day, you can justify most D&D style alignments for either of them.

For instance, whilst I don't RP, I still have a proto-backstory for my characters as I like to actually feel involved in the lore, rather than just watching it. My main, a belf warlock, is neutral (in the sense that she fluctuates between chaotic and lawful) good. Near death fel corruption, exposure to the naaru and deep meditive training has caused her to mellow out nearly completely over the course of WoW (she started out as a fairly typical warlock). She now serves as a loyal Crusader, follows the teachings of the Light (but not channeling it, as fel+light in one body would be... interesting) and generally tries to protect those weaker than her.

Quote Originally Posted by hejzwej View Post
    Define 'evil' please...

Who's the most evil one? A soldier in Auschwitz brainwashed to harvest peoples' lives, or someone else like Saddam Hussein, seeking power by any means using unnatural methods?
    I'd vote for the people that put him there in the first place, and then removed him when it was no longer beneficial to have him there >.>