i have threat issues as prot

lets get this straight first, i play with a consistant 600+ latency it has never stopped me from performing well on any character before.

i currently follow the 9696 rotation yes i have RF up i am in ulduar epics and the like ( butthis is only single target)

all my spells are updated etc.. please halp! i am hit/exp capped.. i use sov for single target,
    Last edited by The bearer of truths; 2010-08-03 at 02:32 PM. Reason: i fail at remembering

guessing 5 mans. So you useing uldar epics thats 2 tiers back. If you get a good dps that is in full 232+ they will pull off ya they just have to watch threat. People any more are getting full 264 lvl gear and just farming heroics for frost badges so they will pull off ya. Not to much to say besides get better gear tell them to wait or just taunt every time they are about to pull off ya so you jump back over them in threat. Had a crappy tank do that to me in an icc pug once. I pulled had threat he taunt i just say oh well and pass him up. As i pass him up and about to pull off he taunts to pass my threat again. he did it non stop i tryed taunting one time and boss was immune to taunts i was like wtf. Anyways back on topic they are prob blowing cooldowns also on the bosses just to look leet while giveing you a hard time.

No no, this was happening when ulduar gear was the best, this is why i stopped tanking, im just coming back into it now wanting to do it better this time

10+ Year Old Account
    Try using a SoComm build. Especially for AE this will never make you loose aggro. Regardless of how you are geared. Atleast that's my experience. Besides that it does great damage and allows you to speed up runs even more.

toss out an armory. But if you was haveing problems when you was same gear lvl as everyone else it's only gonna be worst now.

INC armory link, some of my gear is un-enchanted because i just picked it up hehehe, glyphs are wrong too because i JUST respecced him from ret

---------- Post added 2010-08-04 at 12:32 AM ----------

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...F%C3%A4%C3%ADl

usually fully a cookie cutter, but i decided to just try soemthing wierd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I see you are allready into SoComm so I really don't know what would improve your threat other then coop with it and gear up. I still find it strange though as my tanking set is full of blues with a few ToC5 epics (iLevel 200) and I rarely loose aggro.

Sorry I can't be of much assistance.

Deleted
    What TPS do you actually do?

Also, if you have threat problems, you can move talents around a bit. You don't need divinity for example, so could get more threat putting that elsewhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    First, Expertise Cap for tanks is 54 Expertise- 26 Expertise is the Soft cap.

Next, you do not have Crusade in your build, which is often a large TPS gain, and you also have Divinity, which is usually worth overhealing. A more standard build (rather, the only PvE build) would be:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0tA...fdxfMzbc:pGZmc

For your third glyph, you could use HoTR or Seal of Comm (for Heroics), or AS if main tanking.

0/53/18 is the current top threat spec for 3.3

if you were wondering about glyphs, I go with judgement, SoV, and divine plea.

It also looks like you have too much hit. Try getting rid of that and go for higher strength gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    0/53/18 is the current top threat spec for 3.3

if you were wondering about glyphs, I go with judgement, SoV, and divine plea.

It also looks like you have too much hit. Try getting rid of that and go for higher strength gear.
    Glyph of Judgement is pitiful for TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    First, Expertise Cap for tanks is 54 Expertise- 26 Expertise is the Soft cap.

Next, you do not have Crusade in your build, which is often a large TPS gain, and you also have Divinity, which is usually worth overhealing. A more standard build (rather, the only PvE build) would be:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZV0tA...fdxfMzbc:pGZmc

For your third glyph, you could use HoTR or Seal of Comm (for Heroics), or AS if main tanking.
    Thanks mate =]

yup. what Ronark said. you can look up my armory by clicking my Signature, it's the same.

but i think you lack threat because of your Pally's name :P

Didnt read any of the other posts. You CANT hold threat as a tank in Ulduar gear against people in ICC gear.

Fury warriors use Heroic Strike which is a HIGH THREAT attack, any Fury warrior in TOC or better gear will rip threat right off you.