Bloom in Cata finaly usefull for pve?

Quick question to those beta players around. Now that lifebloom can only be on one target at a time, does putting it on another player while it is rolling on someone else count as a "dispel" and so trigger the bloom? That would be awesome, then the bloom part that is about 99% of the healing of that spell would finally be useful for pve.

As of right now in beta, applying Lifebloom to a new target simply removes it from the first target without a bloom. I personally don't expect this behavior to change.

The bloom is still just an anti-dispel mechanic in PvP, and an "oh crap the healer is stunned/feared/etc, here's a minor healing burst on the tank" mechanic in PvE.

Damn, that would have made this spell so much more interesting. But also possibly overpowered considering how big the bloom heal is. But thanks for the answer.

....If lifebloom getting its stacks removed by casting another triggers the bloom...I am rolling resto in cata... would be so awesome to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

That would be too uber and no other spell will get used. lifebloom chaining. Awesome, but OP unless they did something to it. Somelike the more ticks its had the bigger the bloom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally useful for pve? I'd say it becomes less useful with the one target only restriction.

I think it will be more useful in PvE, at least for me. I believe their intent is for it to be a tank healing spell, so I think that I will actually see it used there.

Today...I almost never use it. If I'm in five mans (actually where I have the most fun healing) most tanks don't take enough damage to warrant stacking it, and are fine with rejuv or rejuv+regrowth and the occasional nourish, so I only ever stack it on a tank if I'm expecting heavy party damage. In raids, I'm always raid healing, so not using it there either. I think it'll be nice to see it get more use.

5 mans now are also a joke because of gear and well, most were a joke to begin with. In Cata the 5 mans are supposed to be more difficult, especially at first. I seriously doubt they will let us control when it blooms... there was a bug a while back that made it bloom when you clicked it off and that was quickly hotfixed, it would also make Druids OP in arenas.

Lifebloom will still be useful in PvE though, especially with our Nourish refreshing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The actual bloom will be more useful since it will be doing a lot more than it does now along with GotEM now buffing the bloom also.

Besides that LB will be a very good tank heal and helpful depending on how much crit we will have in raiding gear since the periodic tick crits will proc Revit.

If you could use it on more than one person it would be op. They want it to have a niche. Since we always tend to go towards one spell they didn't want it to be that one, so they forced the niche on it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could be really wrong on this, and I don't have the time right now to research the post that stated it, but doesn't Nourish refresh the duration of LB in Cata? Great for tank healing, I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Icenine View Post
    I could be really wrong on this, and I don't have the time right now to research the post that stated it, but doesn't Nourish refresh the duration of LB in Cata? Great for tank healing, I would imagine.
    At first glance, yes. But a 3 second cast to renew a 7 second-duration HoT? Plus you can't cast it while moving, and obviously you can't deal with any emergencies while you're casting it. Seems like a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoomba View Post
    At first glance, yes. But a 3 second cast to renew a 7 second-duration HoT? Plus you can't cast it while moving, and obviously you can't deal with any emergencies while you're casting it. Seems like a nightmare.
    Then you can let it bloom? Things can still be balanced out, after all, it is still beta.

PS: Health pools will be really ramped up, if you are using nourish while there are emergencies going around, you are doing it wrong.
    This explains a lot.

The cost of Lifebloom itself has also plummeted now that it has a target limit. If you have to move and don't want it to bloom, there's a really easy way to keep the HoT active on the target...

Um, cast Lifebloom again.

Quote Originally Posted by Koumaru View Post
    there's a really easy way to keep the HoT active on the target...

Um, cast Lifebloom again.
    My response was specifically to the poster who was boosting the Nourish LB-renew mechanic. It's my view that said mechanic is more trouble than it's worth. So, um, I'll be casting Lifebloom if I want to renew my stacks. Clever, no?

---------- Post added 2010-08-07 at 09:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    PS: Health pools will be really ramped up, if you are using nourish while there are emergencies going around, you are doing it wrong.
    This is a little disingenuous, too. A health spike isn't the only reason a healer might want to interrupt a 3-second cast. Poisons, curses, mechanics like KT or Jaraxxus - you can't always tell where the next crisis is coming from, or when.
    The point is that if you are relying on Nourish to renew LB's, you will be spending at least a third of every fight just casting Nourish, with your fingers crossed.

I would think the nourish renewing lifebloom is just for periods with less straining healing, to save mana. Periods where there will be more damage will cost more mana, if coming at less efficiency for higher hps, it will be more advantageous to renew lifebloom by recasting it, rather than relying on nourish chiefly to renew it. So if you see a potential spike coming, you can cancel the nourish, recast the lifebloom, and go off to regrowth the spike.
    This explains a lot.

Lifebloom has always remained relevant so long as you don't overdo it. I nearly always have Lifebloom up on a tank, though I no longer "roll" it, I just re-apply after it expires. The changes coming in Cata, at least for me, are going to be largely unnoticed since I only apply it to one target at a time anyways.

I can see how someone who say, had mana issues, would be unable to do this, thus rendering the spell kind of useless.
    Religion isn't the absence of reason. It's merely the presence of faith.
    Heroes of the Storm : all day erryday

Quote Originally Posted by Magoomba View Post
    My response was specifically to the poster who was boosting the Nourish LB-renew mechanic. It's my view that said mechanic is more trouble than it's worth. So, um, I'll be casting Lifebloom if I want to renew my stacks. Clever, no?
    Lifebloom in Cataclysm is meant to support a tank-healing role. Blizzard doesn't want all healers to fall into a default niche yet again.

The mechanic of Nourish refreshing Lifebloom allows you to Nourish spam a tank without the need to burn a GCD (or mana) renewing Lifebloom manually. If you're just keeping Lifebloom up on a tank while focusing more on raid healing and dispeling, then sure, you'll just refresh it manually. It's faster AND cheaper in that situation.

But if you're a tank healer, that's what this mechanic is for. And being expected to Nourish the tank at least once every 5 seconds shouldn't seem unreasonable in a raid encounter. If keeping the tank alive is your primary responsibility, you'll probably be spamming it.

Still wouldn't mind seeing a slight duration buff on Lifebloom now, though. I was always under the impression that the short duration was intended to make rolling Lifeblooms on multiple targets more challenging, and we can't do that anymore.