Uldum Arena Idea

While watching Total Buscuit's videos I noticed something that very much looked like an arena. Whether it is or isnt, it would be an awesome idea to have an arena in this stlye.

[IMG][/IMG]

It gives me the feel of a Roman Gladiator almost. What are your thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it would be a ring of blood type quest, its core to the expansion that you have them

Where are the pillars?

It looks nice indeed.

The pillars - if you ask me, I'd say it would be awesome if they moved, let's say two pillars made of wind...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    I imagine it would be a ring of blood type quest, its core to the expansion that you have them
    100% Agree it reminds me of the Wotlk version

Ah yeah I never thought about that. It definitely could be.

No thanks, dont want arena ruining this expansion too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    That doesnt make any sense. Please explain and write something that does make sense.

I agree with this aswell

My thoughts exaclty!

Ring of blood, amphitheatre of anguish and now may I present you: "Colliseum of Glory"

Okay I made that name up, encase you haven't guessed it already, mainly because I had to think of Spartacus. Who was about blood, sand and glory if I remember correctly. Well we have the ring of BLOOD, and this arena is in the SAND, so why not Colliseum of GLORY?
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Tamriel View Post
    That doesnt make any sense. Please explain and write something that does make sense.
    The game has been tweaked around because of arena fanboy whines since it was released in TBC which has completely ruined the enjoyment in pvp and the abilities in pve.

Arena should of been a minigame, not the mainstream way of getting gear and titles as it is now.
    Last edited by Wælcyrie; 2010-08-04 at 02:55 PM.

Another stellar post! You know exactly what you're talking about.

On Topic: I would really like to see an Uldum arena or battleground, the zone is breathtaking (I'm struggling to find unique describing words for cataclysm environments now :P ) and so is the Skywall above it. Can't wait to see it when its testable.

The game has been tweaked around because of arena fanboy whines since it was released in TBC which has completely ruined the enjoyment in pvp and the abilities in pve.
    I'm not even going to bother, if you can't see the difference between a new arena map and the bc arena rewards system then seek help.
    Last edited by Lyvefire; 2010-08-04 at 02:56 PM.

On one hand, having a ring of blood in Uldum would be flippin sweet. On the other hand, Uldum is waaaaayyyy too awesome already.

nice idea! would be nice arena like that

Deleted
    PvE Raid and dungeon Farming feels a bit souless after a few weeks of release. I personally find it boring do the same shit over and over knowing exactly whats coming.

I know its the whole PvP/PvE argument over and over but hey thats just me i prefer the challenge of really thinking on your feet and adapting to a situation and dealing with curveballs that you don't know is coming.

My point I suppose is directed at Wælcyrie and her assinine comments about PvP which has actually progressed WoW and progressed within WoW more then anything With the Competitive Element. That is famous and has moved towards live Tournaments and rewards.

And yeah its a Nice Idea for arena P.s bring back wall of fire!!!
    Last edited by mmocf3019a701a; 2010-08-04 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Typo

damn, i haven't noticed this before. I would really love to have arena quest in Uldum, just to add more epicness in it.
    Something like "Colliseum of the Ancients".

Screw a new Ring of Blood and screw a new arena like Dalaran Sewers.
    They should make this a new Gurubashi Arena.

Battleground there would be nice...
    For example if you take Oasis you get control on water elementals they will aid you in battle(like something water siege or...) & if you get Temple of Sands you will be granted to control Earth Elementals...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagetsuya View Post
    ^This. been wanting since TBC for lvl cap

Arena should of been a minigame, not the mainstream way of getting gear and titles as it is now.
    I actually agree. There should be many other ways to get top gear besides just arena. I hope cata changes this with rated BGs and such, but we'll have to see how things work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagetsuya View Post
    Now we're talking. World pvp in uldum would be amazing and would attract so much attention to the zone. I would be there every day pvping if there this was true.
    Last edited by Tamriel; 2010-08-04 at 07:48 PM.