Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(spoilers) gnomes and their undebated use of ABC weapons

why is it that no one cares about the gnomes blatant use of radioactive warfare, and yet gets all up in arms against the forsaken blight?

the gnomes have used these controversial methods even after they flooded their own city with radiation, turning the majority of their species into mindless discoloured gnomes, and yet no one loses a single word about it? i ask why.

Imagine random-generic rogue state blowing itself up with nuclear weapons w/o harming anyone else. Problems ? No? Some might even say: Good riddance!
    Now imagine them blowing someone else up.

See where I'm going ?

Edit: And would you mind not using a spoiler tag on a thread in a spoiler forum, when you don't even spoil anything for anyone. The Gnomeragen story is basic lore of vanilla.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Well it's because ahh, well the obvious reply is umm, hmmm, good point! Never really thought of it like that, noams are evil lil' bastards!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Gnomeragen Exiles have only used radiation once, as their last resort against the troggs. Not only did it cost them their city as well as a good chunk of their population, Mekkatorque was reluctant to use it. They never use it after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    why is it that no one cares about the gnomes blatant use of radioactive warfare, and yet gets all up in arms against the forsaken blight?

the gnomes have used these controversial methods even after they flooded their own city with radiation, turning the majority of their species into mindless discoloured gnomes, and yet no one loses a single word about it? i ask why.
    Because there's more fanboys on alliance then Horde. So they don't complain. I mean how much QQ do u see on Alliance? 999999999999Times more then Horde :-/. At least the good Horde servers like Destromath.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's along the same lines that the human testing is illegal unless you do it on yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Naikon View Post
    Because there's more fanboys on alliance then Horde. So they don't complain. I mean how much QQ do u see on Alliance? 999999999999Times more then Horde :-/. At least the good Horde servers like Destromath.
    theres alot of irony here in this fanboy reply

you sir take this video game too serious...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DOGE View Post
    The Gnomeragen Exiles have only used radiation once, as their last resort against the troggs. Not only did it cost them their city as well as a good chunk of their population, Mekkatorque was reluctant to use it. They never use it after that.
    ^^ This. A thousand times this! Intent can make all the world of difference on how you perceive things. If the Gnomes start dropping radiation bombs against the Horde, then I would say there is concern. However the only ABC weapons I've seen used against the opposite faction was used... by the Horde. You've got the Blight which is actively being used in warefare, and you've got the Goblin designed, "The Bomb".

The Gnomes have obviously learned their lesson and I haven't seen anything about them deploying their quasi Neutron Bomb against neutral or Horde factions. You can't say the same about how the Horde are handling their super weapons...

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    ^^ This. A thousand times this! Intent can make all the world of difference on how you perceive things. If the Gnomes start dropping radiation bombs against the Horde, then I would say there is concern. However the only ABC weapons I've seen used against the opposite faction was used... by the Horde. You've got the Blight which is actively being used in warefare, and you've got the Goblin designed, "The Bomb".

The Gnomes have obviously learned their lesson and I haven't seen anything about them deploying their quasi Neutron Bomb against neutral or Horde factions. You can't say the same about how the Horde are handling their super weapons...
    The Gnomes only did it because Thermaplugg had a very sharp tongue and probably spun the facts. He'd gone completely mad before he became a leper

^ those 2 replies state it all.
    If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.
    As Finishing touch God created the Dutch.

For Gnomeregan!
    For King Wrynn! and for the Alliance!

Jaina Proudmoore: Sugar, Spice; and Everything Nice.

Yes I am a Alliance fanboy and yes I am proud of it, FOR THE ALLIANCE.

Gnomes need to nuke something so the horde stops punting

10+ Year Old Account
    The radiation was the lesser of two evils (as opposed to letting Troggs run rampant accross Khaz Modan and beyond) but it was horribly evil nonetheless (with regard to Gnomes dying in general). The Forsaken however just want to kill everything, so that's why we "get up in arms about the Forsaken's blight" ^_^
    "What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Lichfury View Post
    The radiation was the lesser of two evils (as opposed to letting Troggs run rampant accross Khaz Modan and beyond) but it was horribly evil nonetheless (with regard to Gnomes dying in general). The Forsaken however just want to kill everything, so that's why we "get up in arms about the Forsaken's blight" ^_^
    I think this is a good point too. The Forsaken are actively trying to wipe out the living. The gnomes are comical, not evil, and that makes a big difference in how they're perceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Naikon View Post
    LMAO what a blatant liar. Typical Horde BS.

Did you see the Gnome vs. Goblin thread? Goblins were winning the poll even though realistically the Gnomes have a more advanced and stable technology and a better military.

There are WAY, WAY more Horde fanboys than Alliance fanboys. Just look at Blizzcon, the forums, etc. way more people screaming "For the Horde!" at the top of their lungs like a bunch of retards that can't get laid.

Ok I've heard of NBC-Nuclear Biological Chemicle....but what is ABC???

actually that poll was who would lose not who would win.
    Last edited by mordale; 2010-08-04 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    actually that poll was who would lose not who would win.
    And who had the most votes? Gnomes! Meaning Horde fanboys and their BS think Goblins would win.

ABC are the first three letters in the alphabet...

Quote Originally Posted by WyrmBee View Post
    And who had the most votes? Gnomes! Meaning Horde fanboys and their BS think Goblins would win.
    Hey now! That's only because Goblins have a notoriously high reproductive rate and are already more than used to blowing themselves up.