Max level spells

Deleted
    Last edited by tylerburnett; 2010-10-20 at 06:41 AM.

Um, the hybrid tax plays absolutely no role in tanking or healing, just dps, but yes we are lacking behind but not to the point that taking a priest will mean you will wipe, especially with the 30% buff in ICC. If you're worrying about Cataclysm, don't, everyone is getting reworked and we have no idea what will happen to our talents before cata is live. Just give positive feedback and hope for the best.

my mate heals as disc as his MS, recount doesn't count the damage that he prevents with his bubbles, and he is still 2/3 place in our 25 man group, just don't slack

10+ Year Old Account
    In every 25man I pug (my guild raids 10) I often come up first or second place on the healing/ guessed absorb meters, as Holy.
    Either way, it hardly matters. 30% now makes this discussion rather useless.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Get skada there is a option which shows healing and absorbs!
    On a serious note: yes priests don't top the meter (except for LK ofc) but priests are still great they have some neat abilities which other classes don't have like: Guardian Spirit and Divine Hymn.

What matters more than healing meters is did the target(s) you were supposed to heal die? If so was the death avoidable by means of what the healer could do or was in unavoidable (from standing in a void zone for example)? If you ended up doing your job then all the healing meters mean is who has the largest e-peen. On another note the utility that disc brings on many fights makes me prefer taking them to raids often times over other heals since absorbs make a lot of mechanics easier if not trivial.

What neither the Druid nor the Shaman have though are Bubbles, which is why priests are so vital, unless your holy. Then you have one bubble?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerburnett View Post
    Is it just me or do priests seem to be falling behind on healing overall?
    Learn to play a priest. Priests should always be beating the meters if you are holy. Holy is easy mode

If you are disc, and have an addon that counts absorbs that counts as healing as well. As a disc priest, you should be topping the absorb meter without a doubt!
    Last edited by Ravegirl; 2010-08-04 at 02:45 AM.
    The cat is out of the bag.

Is it just me or do priests seem to be falling behind on healing overall? I often see druids and shamans topping the meters but if you take into account the idea that hybrid classes should be at least a small amount behind the "pure classes" (priest being the only class with 2/3 specs being healing) then this makes no sense.
    FYI there is no PURE tanking class and their is no Pure Healing class so guess what your a hybrid to even if you do play a priest.

But on topic i have seen preist top meters its all on SKill,gear and latency :P

First, priests are not considered a pure "healing class". Like every other healing class, we have a DPS spec, so the hybrid tax doesn't apply. The one argument that you could make is that since priests cannot wear anything but cloth, pallies/shamans should pay an armor tax over priests in terms of healing abilities. Frankly, it doesn't really make much sense. In 98% of raid encounters, armor doesn't really matter for healers. Spell damage is about 90+% of the damage healers take, and most healing priests take Spell Warding, and so have better built in survivability than other healers. In addition, we are the only healer that has a real aggro dump (pallies can bubble, but it doesn't reduce threat and is on a 5 min CD).

In terms of output, Disc is in an excellent place right now. If you look at a WoL, a skilled disc priest will top all other healing classes on most fights as long as they are the only Disc priest in the raid. Disc is borderline OP with the raid buff, since the 30% buff to absorption is fully effective, whereas the 30% healing buff for most other healers largely results in more overheal. The problem with Disc is that you can only really have one in a raid at a time (save specific encounters like using the 2 Disc priest strategy on LK). Holy priests have to be compared to Resto Druids and Resto Shamans. Right now, probably we are the weakest of the 5 healing specs. There are fights that a holy priest can shine on, but for the most part, holy priests are gap healers healing up the gaps between druid HoTs and disc bubbles. Even fully renew specced/haste gemmed (like an end game holy priest should be) Rejuv beats Renew. We shine on movement heavy encounters, but then druids are better at those too. Shamans kind of are in the same spot, but at least they have excellent tank healing capabilities in return for being very limited while healing on the move.

15+ Year Old Account
    No matter how much you feel as if other healing classes are outhealing you, just be glad that they are doing a bang up job! Because when the healers and tanks are pulling their weight, then everyone is happy.

That said, I prefer to heal with a priest because it is easy, and it is fun. And when it gets challenging, you can feel a real sense of accomplishment. I guess the same could be said of any healing class, but priests are seen as strong healers. And it's that impression that can make a difference in a group.
    For the Alliance!

I never said they were a pure healing class I said they are the closest thing to one, being the only class in game with more than one healing spec. Don't try to read between the lines, more often than not you'll be doing nothing but speculating.
    Yet, we still have a damage-tree. Until Blizzard decides to remove that, we will always be considered hybrids. Doesn't matter how "close" we are to being a "pure" healer.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~