Exo on top of rotation?

Quick question, i always used the standard rotation with 4 pieces t10 ( on single target ) but a very well geared and experienced pally told me that he makes a rotation in ICC with exorcism on top of the list ( he uses always when art of war procs ). Does it really makes more more effective than the usual rotation?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windboy View Post
    Quick question, i always used the standard rotation with 4 pieces t10 ( on single target ) but a very well geared and experienced pally told me that he makes a rotation in ICC with exorcism on top of the list ( he uses always when art of war procs ). Does it really makes more more effective than the usual rotation?
    Short answer: No

Long answer: Noooooooooooooo

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's either screwing with you or he's a complete idiot, take your pick.

Taken from EJ Ret PvE FAQ at http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t49865-p...tribution_pve/

"Lately our sets have had the ability to alter our resolution system. There are several different scenarios in 3.3, these only apply if set bonuses are equipped.

If you have 2pc T9 equipped your best clash resolution is: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath.

If you have 2pc T9 AND 2pc T10 equipped, your best resolution is: Judgement > DS > HoW > CS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

If you have 4pc T10 equipped, your best clash resolution is: DS > CS > Judgement > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

Remember that no matter what priority system you pick and use, we're still bound to FCFS. Roll dat face hard!"
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

We determine the guilty, We decide the punishment.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have 4pc T10 equipped, your best clash resolution is: DS > CS > Judgement > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath
    That was posted back in December when ICC first dropped. Check dates. That rotation is certainly not the best for overall DPS. Hell, in the same post it's recommended that you gem pure str after dropping your t9 2set. Early posts are not always 100%, shouldn't quote them like the gospel.

That made me do some research .. so i found this:

"Lately our sets have had the ability to alter our resolution system. There are several different scenarios in 3.3, these only apply if set bonuses are equipped.

If you have 2pc T9 equipped your best clash resolution is: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath.

If you have 2pc T9 AND 2pc T10 equipped, your best resolution is: Judgement > DS > HoW > CS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

If you have 4pc T10 equipped, your best clash resolution is: Judgement > DS > CS > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

Remember that no matter what priority system you pick and use, we're still bound to FCFS. Roll dat face hard!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rlyskilled View Post
    That was posted back in December when ICC first dropped. Check dates. That rotation is certainly not the best for overall DPS. Hell, in the same post it's recommended that you gem pure str after dropping your t9 2set. Early posts are not always 100%, shouldn't quote them like the gospel.
    Got to wonder where i said it was gospel or that anyone needs to follow this as the ultimate FAQ.

You are so quick to denounce something as wrong but at the same time i don't see you stating what's wrong with it.
    There must be no retirement with our backs to the wall, And believing in the justice of our cause, Each one of us must fight on to the end.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's no need to get uppity I'm just saying that you should do a little research before you post incorrect information on a forum where people come for help.

Judgement is our hardest hitting ability and is a huge source of mana return and should be used on cooldown. 2pc t10 is hard on your mana when Divine Storm's effective cooldown moves down to around 6 seconds from 10 before t10. There's debate over whether DS>CS or CS>DS but from what I've read it's a matter of latency and give or take 50 dps. I personally play at 300 latency on a good night and am fortunate to run with a pretty high DPS raid so I use a DS>CS favoring damage-per-cast rather than what would be the literal highest DPS priority system in a world where latency is low.
    Exorcism remains dead last while it remains on the spell hit table, silly spell.
    Last edited by Rlyskilled; 2010-08-03 at 11:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose View Post
    Got to wonder where i said it was gospel or that anyone needs to follow this as the ultimate FAQ.

You are so quick to denounce something as wrong but at the same time i don't see you stating what's wrong with it.
    You could have looked at the FAQ on MMO-C also and not even bothered with an outside source.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    You could have looked at the FAQ on MMO-C also and not even bothered with an outside source.
    What that rotation here that recommends 2 different rotations for 2pc T10 but makes no mention of 4pc T10, Ye that sure makes sense.

When the FAQ makes sense i will refer to it until then i will look to EJ.

Don't see 4pc T10 mentioned anywhere yet it mentions 2pc T10 twice on different rotations.

Bluenose.

RAWR -> All rotations

There. That's what you use. Period. Do not use any other thing. Please. I'm going to ignore the fact that you didn't bother to browse the tens of pages over multiple EJ threads that cover exactly what Ronark posted in his FAQ.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2010-08-04 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Bluenose.

RAWR -> All rotations

There. That's what you use. Period. Do not use any other thing. Please. I'm going to ignore the fact that you didn't bother to browse the tens of pages over multiple EJ threads that cover exactly what Ronark posted in his FAQ.
    Are you retarded ?

The EJ thread is exactly what i posted above, Which appears to be massively out of date anyway, I just made the wrong assumption that being EJ they would keep things up to date and relevant.

And ronark's FAQ is wrong till he can differentiate between 2pc and 4pc.

And i gave up on RAWR months ago as it doesnt work properly for about 90% of class/specs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personal insults really get you far here.

And i gave up on RAWR months ago as it doesnt work properly for about 90% of class/specs.
    Works great if you know how to use it.
    Sure, open the program and click Load from Armory and do nothing else and it's going to give you some off-data. And that's what most people do. Take some time to go through your settings and configure them properly and it's a powerful tool.

The rotation changes a final time when 2 piece Tier 9 bonus is dropped for 2 piece Tier 10:
    Is a typo, should be 4 piece Tier 10.
    Last edited by Rlyskilled; 2010-08-04 at 02:03 PM.

Are you retarded ?

The EJ thread is exactly what i posted above, Which appears to be massively out of date anyway, I just made the wrong assumption that being EJ they would keep things up to date and relevant.

And ronark's FAQ is wrong till he can differentiate between 2pc and 4pc.

Ugh, another one. So do you have verifiable information that Ronark's post is wrong, RAWR doesn't work for 90% of class/specs(27 specs is quote a statement), and did you actually read the part about how later on, hundreds of pages later, EJ folks determined the correct basic rotation for 4pc t10?

Or do you base these incredibly astounding findings off opinion and opinion only?

Did some research since I actually haven't looked at the front page in a long time(been active in the thread itself so get information). The post clearly states:

If you have 4pc T10 equipped, your best clash resolution is: Judgement > DS > CS > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

So where the fuck did you get your clash resolution?
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2010-08-04 at 06:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    EJ is not always right- Ask myself or Prentice about it, someday.

15+ Year Old Account
    What that rotation here that recommends 2 different rotations for 2pc T10 but makes no mention of 4pc T10, Ye that sure makes sense.

When the FAQ makes sense i will refer to it until then i will look to EJ.

Don't see 4pc T10 mentioned anywhere yet it mentions 2pc T10 twice on different rotations.
    Technically the difference between a 2PC rotation and 4PC rotation is very very low most of it being crit based and most of it being based on 264/277 4pc and not 251. I think trying to help people change rotation based on 2/4 PC is a mistake and less then helpful because you can't take into account 251/264/277 pieces and that is where the change primarily comes from.

The rotations on EJ for 2pc vs 4pc I have never used the bottom half of their rotations. I only use Judgement -> DS -> CS everything else they have has always been in the wrong order. I check rawr anytime I update a new piece of gear and it hasn't moved in ages. 2PC or 4PC means very very little check Rawr if you don't believe me.

Here let me show you something.

Order of images 2PC T10 277 all offset -> 2PC T9/T10 258/277 -> 4PC T10 277

What do you see in common with all 3 of these? Exactly no matter if you are in 2PC, 2/2PC or 4PC the rotation is 100% the same for the highest DPS. The list of possible rotations in rawr goes on for pages and the values continue to drop. So why you are arguing over what to use with which gear isn't relevant they all follow the same rotation in most cases. What you can do is check rawr for your gear as everyones rotation will be different but you can bet what rawr suggests is nearly always going to be the best bet.

Before you make the call well it's BiS gear, Rotations are designed on best in slot they aren't designed on lowest. However it is possible that Exo/Cons/HoW could find different locations in the end of the rotation as your gear drops into Ilvl 245 and below. Only in 2PC T9 or very low latency would CS take priority over DS.
    Last edited by Requital; 2010-08-04 at 07:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Only if you're slightly retarded