Levitate being removed?

Recently heard that levitate may not make it through the cataclysm, I was wondering if i could get a confirmation and hopefully a source on this?
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

I would be very sad at this.

There's no need to remove it as it is a spell that people actually use, albeit situational.

I haven't heard anything about them removing it, and frankly I highly doubt they will, it would be totally pointless.

Priests have it on the beta at the moment, and I don't recall seeing a GC post on the subject. Where are you getting this from?
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Removing levitate for priests is like removing charge for warriors.

Yes, its that important...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Well they have removed far more important skills than that for other classes. Sacred shield, divine sacrifice from paladins for example. :'/

But I agree, that removing levitate seems quite pointless.

I wouldn't doubt it considering you can walk on walls using it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9DH9DOhqctc

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    Recently heard that levitate may not make it through the cataclysm, I was wondering if i could get a confirmation and hopefully a source on this?
    Right now it's listed as a level 34 Discipline spell on the priest class changes page. Haven't seen anything about it being removed, and don't see any reason why they would remove it anyway, it's not like it's OP compared to other slow fall and water walking powers, in fact its combo nature is what weakens it compared to similar, non-combo, spells in that either taking damage or mounting up will remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirath View Post
    That's already been fixed on the live realms.
    Last edited by koletha; 2010-08-04 at 02:24 AM.

Levitate is one of the best spells in the game if only my mage could get my priest levitate instead of slowfall. I'd much rather float in mid air than be able to fall while on a mount.

10+ Year Old Account

epic music for it

Been patched. Its still exploitable, but not to such a degree as it was previously. No longer can you walk straight up a wall.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

I still want to hear where this is coming from, because it's news to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerburnett View Post
    There's no need to remove it as it is a spell that people actually use, albeit situational.

I haven't heard anything about them removing it, and frankly I highly doubt they will, it would be totally pointless.
    ...do you know the story of the swirly ball? did removeing it have a purpose? NO! /cry
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    One day Tyrande was flying from Darnassus to Moonglade, but the gryphon crashed and she fell into the dancing Troll village. Being the leader of the night elves, Tyrande landed with a swift roll and added some street moves to make it look as if she fell on purpose. The trolls then however challenged her to a dance off, which they easily won. Being pissed as hell, Tyrande immediately hearted and ordered the extermination of the dancing troll village.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bojangles View Post
    Blue post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Blue post?
    Trade chat or forum rumor mill, nothing substantive here. Move along, people, move along.