10+ Year Old Account

Shadow Priest or Warlock

The title says it all, which should I roll and gear up while waiting for cataclysm? which one is more fun in your opinion?

Well if you want to roll a shadow priest you don't really level as shadow until 40. If you are talking about fun at end-game content then I would have to say imo warlock is more fun.

Well I am as biased as one can get, but I would never want to play a shadow priest (I do have a disc priest). My main is a destruction warlock and I have always enjoyed having an arsenal of demons to show off (too bad I only get to show my imp off in raids). I would say you are better off with a warlock, as you seem to not want to heal (as you asked about a dps spec and a pure dps class), and the warlock class can offer more ways to dps while still giving you a taste of shadow via affliction

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright then it's settled, I'm rolling a warlock (hopefully this turns out better than my warrior and ret pally, I thought I was gonna like both of them as my alts but one melee is enough, too bad I wasted time getting them to 80)

now the question is orc or undead lol, I love orcs but I'm not sure how great they look in cloth, Undead warlocks look cool but everyone has one

Personally I would roll a warlock. Though I have been playing a warlock since early 2005 so I may have a favorite here. I just find the class very enjoyable. I have never played a serious preist though (leveled one to 50 something then deleted it), so I can't really much about a preist let alone a shadow preist. Though the plus side with being a priest if you ever feel liking switching roles and healing the possibility is there, where as a warlock all you got is dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    I'd go with priest, I dont know why but I have never really liked warlocks.. plus in cataclysm you get shadowform in 29 (or 20, not confirmed yet)
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

Shadow Form - You could wear a dress and you'd still look badass.

VE - You never die soloing.... ever..... at all....

PVP - They rape face, if you know how to play one. They can even give Warlocks a run for their money.

So many reasons to roll a shadow priest.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post

PVP - They rape face, if you know how to play one. They can even give Warlocks a run for their money.

Leveling in vashj'ir was like this, cast VT, SWP on EVERYTHING you see, then move on, stuff dies with those 2 dots alone, if you have 3/3 spirit tap you never go oom, dont even need to disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post

I actually never really lose to a priest. Being a pally. A destro lock on the other hand...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Leveling in vashj'ir was like this, cast VT, SWP on EVERYTHING you see, then move on, stuff dies with those 2 dots alone, if you have 3/3 spirit tap you never go oom, dont even need to disperse.
    I can't speak for the beta, but warlocks will most likely have you beat here, corruption easily kills level 80 mobs (healing for 40% of their health) and if the average mob health scales above what corruption can do, then we have CoA, which is another instant, meaning we never have to stop to cast while killing mobs.

OT: I have both an 80 spriest and lock, the lock is my main and I have to say it just feels more powerful and versatile. Locks get both a spammable single target fear and an aoe, which makes us much more powerful cc'ers than spriests.

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    I can't speak for the beta, but warlocks will most likely have you beat here, corruption easily kills level 80 mobs (healing for 40% of their health) and if the average mob health scales above what corruption can do, then we have CoA, which is another instant, meaning we never have to stop to cast while killing mobs.

OT: I have both an 80 spriest and lock, the lock is my main and I have to say it just feels more powerful and versatile. Locks get both a spammable single target fear and an aoe, which makes us much more powerful cc'ers than spriests.
    I have an 80 Spriest and lock too. The priest is my main and I find playing him a lot more fun. I agree with locks being able to cc better (which makes leveling easier). But once you get to 80 and gear him a bit, I find it easier to go around killing mobs.

With VE and Dispersion carrying around food and drinks would be reserved for raids/instances. On my lock, who i'm still gearing up, I sometimes need to first aid or drink up to keep myself up (Destro spec btw).
    Maybe as Affl. it would be much more similar to a priest, but I like playing as Destro more.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like my spriest more and its rotation but i also like the ability to offspec heal. For pure damage go lock u can play affli which is like spriest, demo to buff the raid, or destro to pewpew
    85 priest working on my dk next

Quote Originally Posted by Joesgetndown View Post
    I actually never really lose to a priest. Being a pally. A destro lock on the other hand...
    then you aren't facing good priests.....I eat paladins for breakfast.

OT: Roll a priest because they can also heal and are a lot more fun to level in my opinion.