so why dont demi gods have more children?

i never understood why. but most of them lived for thousands and thousands of years and they have almost no children. just look at Cenarius at how strong he was just because he was the son of Elune and Malorne.
    if Eelune and Malorne had more kids (i know Malorne is dead now but just saying) then we would have a few dozen Cenarius fighting the burning legion instead of just one.

so is there any specific reason? does it reduce the parents power by having kids or anything? any lore answer behind this at all?

thanks

I'm fairly certain that reproduction for Demi-god/Gods is either very strenuous or it is a very rare for a child to survive after conception.

15+ Year Old Account
    Malorne is still recovering from his most recent....encounter with Elune.
    And cenarius had children, and his children had bastard(i use the term litteraly) children too.

yea that makes sense. i guess it does tire them or something. thanks!

Elune's still getting rid of those extra pounds

10+ Year Old Account
    Because demigods in WoW are the same as celebrities in real life.
    No matter what they do they will always be followed by a gnome with his PictoMachine2000x trying to get the most embarrassing moments public just for the sake of a few silvers.

Serious answer: I don't know. But look at mythology, the demigods that had kids always turned to be either miserable or betrayed. And everyone know what happened to Cenarius's son. Deep in Mauradon.... /shiver
    For the Emperor.

you know... elune is into zoophilia... why would anyone worship a goddess like this anyway?? night elves are a crazy bunch... though I think a little dryad girl is probably one of the cutest things the world could ever see, so I guess it's ok for azeroth to have one zoo-goddess...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    you know... elune is into zoophilia... why would anyone worship a goddess like this anyway?? night elves are a crazy bunch... though I think a little dryad girl is probably one of the cutest things the world could ever see, so I guess it's ok for azeroth to have one zoo-goddess...
    /contemptface
    We try not to think about it..

I feel that the night elves worship elune because she is the only god we know and is at the moment most likely the most powerful thing out there, probably stronger than the titans (if she exists).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I feel that the night elves worship elune because she is the only god we know and is at the moment most likely the most powerful thing out there, probably stronger than the titans (if she exists).
    Sounds like chuck norris
    Last edited by mmocfa4baae9c7; 2010-08-04 at 05:57 AM. Reason: spelling

elune stronger than the titans??? NEVUR!!!

according to the tauren, elune is one of the earthmother's eyes... the eye of something the titans shaped can't be stronger than the titans themselves lol

15+ Year Old Account
    elune stronger than the titans??? NEVUR!!!

according to the tauren, elune is one of the earthmother's eyes... the eye of something the titans shaped can't be stronger than the titans themselves lol
    A while back i had a thought that Eonar was the Earthmother, Elune was Ysera and Alexstraza was Anshe.
    My reasoning:
    Elune was the "moon", but i figure this to be the metaphorical moon. Ysera is seen mostly always at night in the emerald dream, her domain, the tauren mythology of Elune being the moon could just mean they saw Ysera in the dream, but perceived her to be the moon due to her gargantuan size and re-occurance whenever they were asleep after the sun went down.(i restated my point alot i think...)
    Anshe was the "sun", but i figure this to be the metaphorical sun. Alexstraza is the sister of Ysera, and the leader of the red dragonflight. For the same reasons as Ysera, she could have been perceived as the sun, except she was seen mostly in the day time.
    Take these two points into account, and take into the account that folk lore has a tendancy to be exagerrated a lot to sound more impressive. The way I interpret the lore is to be that Eonar empowered Alexstraza and Ysera, one as the "sun" one as the "moon". One to protect to world of the waking, one to protect the world of the sleeping.

These are my thoughts on the Elune compendium

They don't like sex.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Well for one, it's a not a good idea not to have too many, since they might come under the influence of old gods/Legion