Unbound Plague (Heroic Putricide 10)

Does anyone know how much damage the first tick does, and how much it's increased by every tick? I've heard that the damage doubles every second, but that doesn't make too much sense (if it started with 100 damage, it would do 48k damage on the 10th second, and as we all know you're supposed to keep it on you for around 12 seconds).

I am not sure tbh. All I know is my guildies avoide me like..well the plague (pun) In that fight.

Deleted
    It does about 10k by the 12th second.. could be wrong though

It only ticks for around 4-5K at the 10th second in 10 man. 10-12k in 25 man. Atleast thats my experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Each tick it does increases damage by 2000

Like 2000 > 4000 > 6000 > 8000

Passing at 8000 would be suggested since damage basically goes 10000 > 138736

Oh and youre supose to pass it at 8-10th second
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

The damage increases by 25% each second, not 100%. The base damage is 250 in 10 man and 1000 in 25 man. You can hold it for 15 seconds quite easily on 10 man (~7k damage at that point) and for about 10 seconds on 25 (~9k).

Thanks guys, really appreciate the help! We usually have 3 healers + 2 range DPS, so we figured 12 seconds per Plague would be essential (12 x 5 = 60 seconds). As a tank, I was wanting to see how long I'd be able to hold the Plague for.

As a rule of thumb, 10-12 seconds is when to pass in 10man, no more than 6-7 seconds in 25. It should never be on the tank though if you can help it. Try to keep it on ranged and/or healers whenever you can.

Edit: though that is considering without the buff. With sufficient gear, you could probably hold it for a few seconds longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Addon "Plagued" should really help
    Awesome! I think this will definitely help us get him down (best we've reached is 15% and we got unlucky during our frantic excitement).

Yeah the "Plagued" addon is really awesome for this fight. Also if I might recommend you,if your healers are geared good enough its quite easy to 2heal,as 1 less healer is 1 more dps = less damage in p3

Just want to say, many thanks to all you guys! We finally downed the Professor. If anyone out there is reading this topic for aid on Putri, I've got a few tips that may/may not be well known. Basically, what seemed to help was I'd drag Putri next to every slime pool in Phase 1 (didn't take much movement) so that the Abomination could simultaneously eat the Slime as well as DPS on Putri. For the entirety of Phase 1, the Abom managed around 8k dps so he pretty much acted like the 6th DPS (we had 3 healers). This enabled us to push through Transition phase before the first Red Ooze spawned (and therefore didn't have to mess about with the Plague during transition).

Now all we have left is Sindragosa before the mighty LK, I'll probably end up making a new topic but does anyone have any tips/tricks? So far we're gearing our entire raid with at least 2-pieces of Frost Resist, and doing the strat where ranged/healers don't cast if they're chained.

If your matrix can support it, the easiest thing to do is just run 4 healers plus one caster dps, who will basically just sit there and eat unchained the whole fight. Enrage should be no problem with the 30% buff and this setup will make healing significantly easier in p3 when a healer gets ice blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowg View Post
    Now all we have left is Sindragosa before the mighty LK, I'll probably end up making a new topic but does anyone have any tips/tricks? So far we're gearing our entire raid with at least 2-pieces of Frost Resist, and doing the strat where ranged/healers don't cast if they're chained.
    In my experience, frost resist is not needed for sindy. I dont even wear FrR as the tank on 25 heroic.

Also, on 10man, it's really easy to just assign a place for the people with unchained to run and continue casting as if you weren't on heroic. Since it's only two people and it's always one ranged one healer, have the healer run away from the raid parallel to the dragon towards the tank, and have the ranged run the opposite, so it's like

o---(==)-D (T)
    (d)__(r)___(h)

With T being tank, d being the dps with chained, r being the raid, and h being the healer with unchained.
    Just make sure not to get tail smashed or breathed on.

don't even worry about the plague just pass it before it kills you.

theres no problem with letting it bounce around in melee as long as they pay attention and don't hold on to it with a 4-5 stack of plague sickness once they split up (for oozes ect)