Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Paladin Tanks.
    Maybe I'm just not thinking clearly today...

How would them being a Paladin tank change the situation if they were DI'd?
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10 gold per death isn't bad. I'm at around 20 gold per death alone.
    Which is still a fairly negligible cost in repairs imo, for me personally if my repairs were that high(I play a Druid tank so my cost/death is a bit lower than the plate equivalent) it would just mean I'd have to actively do dailies or use all my profession cooldowns more religiously instead of just when I feel like doing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Maybe I'm just not thinking clearly today...

How would them being a Paladin tank change the situation if they were DI'd?
    Because then they could rez other people after combat?

Because then they could rez other people after combat?
    No, the post I quoted said it would PREVENT a wipe.

Not save a rezzing class and then they could rez others.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Which is still a fairly negligible cost in repairs imo, for me personally if my repairs were that high(I play a Druid tank so my cost/death is a bit lower than the plate equivalent) it would just mean I'd have to actively do dailies or use all my profession cooldowns more religiously instead of just when I feel like doing it.
    20g * 7 is still 140g- If I can use Di for 3 of those deaths, I save over 42% of what I would normally pay.

Of course, that excludes if I am lazy and repair at a Jeeves instead of at DBR or Light's Hammer.

---------- Post added 2010-08-04 at 06:57 PM ----------

Oh I see. I think originally, DI would take the unit out of combat, which means that they could gain mana.

You could DI a tank to trade aggro I guess, or if the tank was dying due to a debuff.

The spell was different back when. The bubble use to only last 30 seconds, it was not guaranteed the casting paladin would die, ALSO...... you could DI with Divine Shield up and guarantee the casting paladin would not die, and if you did it to a rezzer, they would be out of combat and could rezz at least 1 dead person if not more while the boss fight was still going on. But this was like way way back when, before AQ was released and shit.

Thats why it was meant to be used to PREVENT wipes, back in the day all these bullshit PVP restriction weren't used by scrubs to fuck over Paladins in PVE.

And here is the guild perk, its the highest level perk, the last one you can get, and it appears to not have a cooldown:
    Mass Resurrection:
    64% of base mana Unlimited range
    10 sec cast
    Brings all dead party and raid members back to life with 35% health and 35% mana. Cannot be cast when in combat.
    Range: 50000 yards (Anywhere)
    Last edited by Unferth; 2010-08-05 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    Large dungeons like ICC and Ulduar now have teleporters to make most corpse runs very short and trash respawns are very long (~2 hours), so wipe recovery is not really required.
    Walk back to bloodqueen 10 times in a row and say the walk doesn't suck.

It's in a better place where it was in vanilla. Paladins were required to DI certain people as a general strategy in some raids. Nowadays it's used for saving a healer in the occasional wipe. It doesn't serve much purpose other than a simple convenience.

Guild levelling system perhaps with mass resurrection? Why the need for DI to save on corpse runs anymore, and with more portals and stuff in instances makes it a breeze to run back... we have very few BRD's these days

Conclusion, /cry for losing another unique Paladin talent.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

GMs are sick and tired of tickets saying "lol, my game is frozen, can't move!", thats why!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

DI is for fast rezz in case of wipe or for saving a player in last minutes of fight(i.e. a dps retri on an healer)

10 gold per death isn't bad. I'm at around 20 gold per death alone.
    I'm gonna call bullshit here. One wipe for me costs me 9g63s with an average ilvl of 272. Your average ilvl is 269. Repair costs are based off of ilvl.

EDIT: And WTF are you doing gemming Expertise? Good lord, Ron. You have 336 Hit Rating and still using a Hit Rating gem?? Your ducks are not in a row.
    Last edited by Prentice; 2010-08-06 at 04:16 PM.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    I'm gonna call bullshit here. One wipe for me costs me 9g63s with an average ilvl of 272. Your average ilvl is 269. Repair costs are based off of ilvl.

EDIT: And WTF are you doing gemming Expertise? Good lord, Ron. You have 336 Hit Rating and still using a Hit Rating gem?? Your ducks are not in a row.
    It's probably because of his weapon being worth so much to vendors.

Either way, I only used DI to interrupt my guild members while they were ressing, and we get guild repair for 25mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    Guild levelling system perhaps with mass resurrection? Why the need for DI to save on corpse runs anymore, and with more portals and stuff in instances makes it a breeze to run back... we have very few BRD's these days

Conclusion, /cry for losing another unique Paladin talent.
    More or less; When I say faster wipe recovery tool it's because i'm a tank and usually main tanking. If we know we've lost too much people and want to wipe right away guess what I do ? I DI the Furthest healer so I instantly die and the boss goes after the dps

If we are trying an achivement such as All you can eat and some1 gets a 6th stack? DI a healer, wipe, come back.

Even if it means gaining 1 more minute per try ... at the end of the night, it's one more try we've had on the boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeydeath View Post
    it can save 2 people repair bills and 24 people a walk back
    What you mean 24 walk back...? Its DI etiquette to ress the person that DI'd you if you are able to ress.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    I know that personally once I upgrade my tier legs to 277 and grab a hit ring (or a non-hit ring and heroic Halion boots!) that I will be using one 20 expertise gem to cap (well, 6.3%). At BiS stats with Shadowmourne expertise and strength are valued about the same and using one exp gem will eliminate RNG and net you more DPS in reality than gemming strength instead and relying on RNG. On the other hand, if I were Ronark I'd re-evaluate his current gemming and his current gear-level because he may be better off grabbing an expertise ring until he upgrades his tier.

I can't defend him on the silly hit gems.

Oh yeah, this is about Divine Intervention.
    70% of the time I use DI on a wipe on a raidmate with a res button if I have to afk bafroom. I'm not too heartbroken about losing it.
    Last edited by Rlyskilled; 2010-08-07 at 05:01 PM.