Thread: Guaranteed dps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    The right decision doesn't rely on the outcome. It relies on the likelihood of the various outcomes.
    If your average evis damage is higher than that rupture would have been, then you were right to use it, whether it crit or not.

Now, you'll certainly be wishing it had crit, but that's different. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackriver View Post
    Crit is RNG and so therefore is Eviscerate. Eviscerate is an extremely potent move on a critical hit, but it doesn't hit for much more (sometimes less) than a Backstab or SinStrike when it doesn't critically hit.
    That question has already been facted !

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    I glyph Sinister Strike/Killing Spree/Tricks of the Trade. The only glyph I'd even come close to considering as able to be dropped would be Tricks, but that adds far too much in raid DPS compared to a personal gain from Rupture.
    Fair point, but in my personal situation I am casting tricks on a tank always (i don't know why but no one can handle my aggro as a dps XD so I just don't do it. I am the only rogue most of the time too!) so personal gain from that perspective doesnt seem too bad
    I would agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.

Over the whole fight RNG doesn't matter since it averages out. You pick whatever does the highest damage on average.