Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    * All buffing totems seem to have 40 yard radius. Since people will ask, Searing is still 20 yards.

^ That sucks.

Deleted
    * Ancestral Knowledge gone. New talent replaces it, Acuity (increases crit with all spells and attacks by 1/2/3%)
    * Reverberation is now on tier 2, replacing Imp Fire Nova
    * Imp Fire Nova now on tier 3, requires 2 points in call of flame
    * Elemental Warding now reduces magical damage taken by 4/8/12%.

Elemental Warding Is Still only 6%

Acuity Actually increases Crit By 15% In the change ive seen

@Mixelphlick Ill agree based on this and you argument is a much more attractive talent now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphis View Post
    I just feel its better suited to the enhancement tree Just like Elemental Devastation being in Elemental tree it had no place being there. The nature of this Talent Is also more suitable for the Enhancement tree. I'd rather a completely new talent over my previously proposed change or better yet bring back Guardian Totems or Enhancing Totems. As of this change we have 2 separate talents that do the same thing!?! is it just me or is that really stupid?
    Unlike elem devastation though it is still a static buff for ele and its worth enhance subspeccing. Also I don't quite see what 2 talents your talking about.
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

Quote Originally Posted by Jynks View Post
    40 yards still does not compare to the 100 yards on all other auras. Also why bring in a piss weak range increase at the cost of 2 talent points.

/sigh
    Totems aren't auras. Thanks.

the totemic duration change, does it affect magma and Fire Elemental?

Quote Originally Posted by Autonomy View Post
    @Gryphis
    For a tier one talent, it is a much better choice than the old Ancestral Knowledge as it is. Though it may not be perfect, it is much better than the previous.
    Having to waste two talent points to get more totem range is pretty stupid though.
    And don't really have an opinion on the change to Static Shock.
    ^ this

Deleted
    They have been removed with the new 31 pt trees.

Guardian Totems Reduces the CD on grounding totems by 2 secs and the effect of stoneskin.

Enhancing Totems reduces the CD on Stoneclaw and Earth bind by 15/30%

They are live atm

Deleted
    I am surprised that no1 has mentioned this

-Hex now lasts 1 min. Up from 30 sec.

why.. why on earth would they give an increased duration instead of decreased CD? This clearly only affects pve, and the 30 sec duration it had before was pretty good for a dungeon CC..
    dumb change Imo
    Last edited by mmoc4cbcb21f56; 2010-08-05 at 09:30 AM. Reason: typo

Essentially the change on static shock is to help reduce enhancements reliance on white hits for dps, this way you lose less damage potential when through movement you have to be off the boss for a couple seconds. Also the higher proc chance seems like it might actually make it higher overall damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixelphlick View Post
    Essentially the change on static shock is to help reduce enhancements reliance on white hits for dps, this way you lose less damage potential when through movement you have to be off the boss for a couple seconds. Also the higher proc chance seems like it might actually make it higher overall damage.
    But the change also kills its scaling from haste, and we all know what happens to talents than dont scale with gear.

* Ancestral Knowledge gone. New talent replaces it, Acuity (increases crit with all spells and attacks by 1/2/3%)
    I like it more than the old one would like a bigger % but it helps a bit for enhance since we will loose alot of spell crit when int is removed from our gear.

Quote Originally Posted by cohcheto View Post
    But the change also kills its scaling from haste, and we all know what happens to talents than dont scale with gear.
    True, does it scale from crit or does the damage it deal scale with the spellpower (in enhances case ap converted to sp) on gear? I don't follow shaman closely enough to know that although i have an 80 enh shammy as an alt. If so then it should be fine regardless but if not you might be right and i hope somebody mentions it on the official forums.

True, does it scale from crit or does the damage it deal scale with the spellpower (in enhances case ap converted to sp) on gear? I don't follow shaman closely enough to know that although i have an 80 enh shammy as an alt. If so then it should be fine regardless but if not you might be right and i hope somebody mentions it on the official forums.
    Lightning shield cannot crit, at least on live. It scales from SP but its quite negligible, fully raid buffed it deals 2.5k on average with my gear, even in BIS it wont do more then 3k average.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Elemental:
    * Reverberation is now on tier 2, replacing Imp Fire Nova
    Finally Enh can reach it, yay! Might be a great DPS boost.

Enhancement
    * New tier 2 talent, Totemic Reach (increases the radius of your totems by 15/30%).
    Another passive buff to a passive buff, great.

Resto
    * Totemic Focus also increases the duration of totems by 20/40%.
    This is great for resto, at least one tree is still awesome :P

EDIT: 100th post yay :P
    I'M SIGNIN MAH POST!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cearat
    Salty Ballz the Patient.
    Cuz, ya know, it ain't getting lai... Yeah, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarro777
    the amount of bad grammer in this thread is fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Every morning consists of grabbing your coffee and apprehensively following the Shaman (especially Enhancement) "updates".
    New tier 2 talent, Totemic Reach (increases the radius of your totems by 15/30%).
    Fine if they dont give us the radius of Auras, but this is just a joke.. tell me this is not all this talent will do.
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo. View Post
    Every morning consists of grabbing your coffee and apprehensively following the Shaman (especially Enhancement) "updates".

Fine if they dont give us the radius of Auras, but this is just a joke.. tell me this is not all this talent will do.
    Honestly if that's ALL the talent ends up doing I can't see many people taking it. As crappy as the totem range is, I don't think it's crappy enough to warrant TWO talent points wasted when the radius really isn't THAT big of a deal. One talent point? Sure. Baseline? Should be already.

Can't say I know how it will end up being, but it's a higher proc chance on abilities you use ~every 8 seconds and ~every 10-15 seconds. I mean, I wouldn't say you're losing less damage potential if you have to be off the boss for a couple seconds because at that time you're still not able to Stormstrike or Lava Lash and there's still a random aspect to it, as it does not proc every SS or LL.
    Last edited by Autonomy; 2010-08-05 at 11:24 AM.

Deleted
    I like the change to cleanse spirit, makes it a free little instant heal on someone who has probably taken damage from the debuff.

Wondering about the hex change, what kind of trash are we talking about where you need a full minute of CC to justify this change.

Can't see me as resto putting the 2 points into increased totem range, at first I thought oooh nice but then I had a think about how often I move and replace totems anyway, how I already position totems on boss fights to get the best range for everyone and compared to the other points I don't see it being a viable two points for me (as resto, or ele, don't play enhance).

Increased totem duration would surely only be useful imo for searing, fire elemental, and mana tide - but to spec into it as resto the 2 points to give up are most likely some of the "dps and get mana back" abilities so for a resto the 1s increase to mana tide is probably not worth 2 points but as I'm not in beta I can't really test how the mana back from DPS things compare so I'm on the fence on that change... otherwise I move around a lot and replace my totems a lot anyway so unless a totem has a long cooldown I don't see increased duration as that useful right now. I guess if mana conservation really becomes a critical issue then placing totems may be costly and then it would be useful from a mana-saving point of view, but again that has to compare to the 2 points you'd give up for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Instant View Post
    Most important change wasn't included...

We got new set of icons for our talents! How OP is that?
    Did we get a new Stormstrike icon??? If so then class finished no need for more changes!! In fact no need for new Sim or new ShockAndAwe if we get a new Stormstrike icon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Levva View Post
    Did we get a new Stormstrike icon??? If so then class finished no need for more changes!! In fact no need for new Sim or new ShockAndAwe if we get a new Stormstrike icon!!
    Don't jinx stuff Levva! Or we'll get back the Hammer of Justice Icon on Stormstrike! =o

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I like the change to cleanse spirit, makes it a free little instant heal on someone who has probably taken damage from the debuff.

Wondering about the hex change, what kind of trash are we talking about where you need a full minute of CC to justify this change.

Can't see me as resto putting the 2 points into increased totem range, at first I thought oooh nice but then I had a think about how often I move and replace totems anyway, how I already position totems on boss fights to get the best range for everyone and compared to the other points I don't see it being a viable two points for me (as resto, or ele, don't play enhance).

Increased totem duration would surely only be useful imo for searing, fire elemental, and mana tide - but to spec into it as resto the 2 points to give up are most likely some of the "dps and get mana back" abilities so for a resto the 1s increase to mana tide is probably not worth 2 points but as I'm not in beta I can't really test how the mana back from DPS things compare so I'm on the fence on that change... otherwise I move around a lot and replace my totems a lot anyway so unless a totem has a long cooldown I don't see increased duration as that useful right now. I guess if mana conservation really becomes a critical issue then placing totems may be costly and then it would be useful from a mana-saving point of view, but again that has to compare to the 2 points you'd give up for it.
    Healing after cleanse is pretty nice thing. But it's NOT a thing worth 2 points. I don't understand why warrior (look at fury tree) can have so many talents with just 1 point (or two), that he almost HAS to fill everything in order to go higher in a tree, but we have to spend so many points on such boring and underwhelming talents.

Seriously, even Furious Attacks is a one pointer. Why? Why, in case of warrior, utility is offered in form of one pointers?

I SO, SO hope that shaman will get a talent tree revision, for all three specs, similiar to that of warrior.

Why can't Totemic Focus be one point talent? I'm pretty sure that it would finally be attractive (in current form). Same goes for Focused Insight, Ancestral Awakening (should be our 1 pointer in third tier, instead of old Nature's Swiftness) or Blessing of The Eternals.

We can't even fill all the talents in Resto tree (we need 43 points), while Warrior can pick up everything and still has 2 points left. Warriors fourth tier has 3 one pointers, and 1 two pointer... Difference is HUGE, even more now, when every talent point is worth two... I don't want every tree to have exactly same amount of points to spend... but still.

Why do we still have talents that buff buffs. Why on earth did we get NEW talent that buff buffs (totem range)? I honestly don't understand that at all...
    Last edited by Instant; 2010-08-05 at 01:17 PM.