Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2 Shaman Questions for a new Shaman

1. what is ench shaman AoE? magma totem + fire nova? if it is that it seems kinda lame, its the same skills u use when ur singletarget dps'ing. u dont see hunters using Volley on single target.

2. what the hell is the point of rockbiter weapon? u use it from like lvl 1-4/6 somewhere around there just because u dont have any ther weapon buffs. but after that its useless as far as i can see
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: Ench should use Searing for single target so not the same, plus Chain lightning on Maelstroms.

2: Utility. Unlease it and it is a taunt. Not something you will use very often but every now and then you may have to kite something. Plus if you think you may die you can pop it on for a quick 5% damage reduction let that nasty AoE hit, then switch back. Yes a DPS loss but who knows.

errr i think u misunderstood, im talking LIVE talents, not Beta. sorry
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

1. Enhance will use Magma even on single target fights now. Fire Nova is pretty low on our priority queue though. One of the buttons we press when few other abilities are available. Currently I can think of very few situations (if any) where we use searing. This, however, will change in Cata.

2. Rockbiter in its current form is useless after you get Flametongue Weapon. You are correct. In Cata it will be for gimmick bosses and odd/rare situations.

i think u misunderstood question 1

1. tank pulls 15 mobs in ICC... hunters start vollying, rogues stark FoKing, warriors start WWing etc... what does an ench shammy do?
    Worgen Druids

Drop Magma like normal, Fire Nova, hopefully get a MW 5 stack quickly for CL and by that time Fire Nova might be off of cooldown. Not the greatest mechanic, but its what we have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaladan View Post
    i think u misunderstood question 1

1. tank pulls 15 mobs in ICC... hunters start vollying, rogues stark FoKing, warriors start WWing etc... what does an ench shammy do?
    MAGMA TOTEM GOODNESS, RAWR!
    FIRE NOVA!!!
    CHAIN LIGHTNING!!!

That sums it up, doesn't it?

.. will it ever top a dps chart? compared to everyother class
    Worgen Druids

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If both players have equal gear and skill? No.
    If you, however, do know how to play an Enhancer you can top charts - sometimes.

that blows, i was hoping shammys could act like my hunter, pop volley and sit back and laugh diabolicaly while 4-5k crits spam my screen
    Worgen Druids

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    that blows, i was hoping shammys could act like my hunter, pop volley and sit back and laugh diabolicaly while 4-5k crits spam my screen
    Nope, doesn't work like that as an Enhancer. You have to actually work your ass off - compared to other dps classes - to do competitive dps. It's still one of the most fun specs to dps in. For me at least.

do elemental shammys have "real" AoE
    Worgen Druids

Deleted
    do elemental shammys have "real" AoE
    '

Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    MAGMA TOTEM GOODNESS, RAWR!
    FIRE NOVA!!!
    CHAIN LIGHTNING!!!
    Yup. Wait, i mean, no.

we should get a move like the last boss in HoS, or lock Hellfire, stand still and make a ring of electricity around us, boom real AoE dps
    Worgen Druids

Deleted
    we should get a move like the last boss in HoS, or lock Hellfire, stand still and make a ring of electricity around us, boom real AoE dps
    It's called Thunderstorm, it's already implemented in the Elemental tree =p
    But yea, some kind of AoE similar to the way Blizzard/Rain of Fire/Hurricane works would be awesome.

It's Enhancement, not Enchantment. 'Enh' for short.

it would be so simple too, take hellfire, change the name, animation change fire dmg to nature, and remove the "dmg urself" note and ur done
    Worgen Druids

Thankfully, Ele's getting Earthquake come Beta. Yay! AoE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    It's Enhancement, not Enchantment. 'Enh' for short.
    Although this is extremely irrelevant for the subject, it's funny how many people who mistakes "Enhancement" for "Enchantment"

I mean, "Enchantment Shaman", might sound fine, but i'm not exactly sure how it would work...

it would be so simple too, take hellfire, change the name, animation change fire dmg to nature, and remove the "dmg urself" note and ur done
    Probably, but i'm pretty sure that's not how things work
    Last edited by mmocd37cb64f78; 2010-08-05 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Ninja edit.

Stop playing your shaman if you wanna top meters, .......