Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New Tiers, better looks?

Just wondering if the new tier gear is gonna look any better then the previous ones, same goes for pvp gear. I know it is hard for artist to make a 3D scale model like that. But a little more creativity would help. I mean some gear looks better then others but im sure pleanty of people can say that they could add way more detail and art into the armor that they create.
    For example instead of spikes and more pointy things, how about adding more pizzaz and less well bland. People think its not that important for the art on the gear, but imo it matters a lot more then you think considering you will be wearing the gear around your server for quite some time and im sure no one wants to look like a ghetto witch or some beaten down old man, or some guy with spikes. Like example, rogues could have some kind of fog being spewed out over them creating less visibility, or a shaman that is covered in pouring lava with lightning shocking around him, or warriors with armor that spew blood over them as they do dmg to people or gather rage. All im saying is it would be nice to see some more changes to the things we all will be using for awhile as we walk around our server. Would you want to be the one walking around your server looking as a beaten down old man with rugged clothes and some spikes or some glourious, stunning man who walks around and making everyone jealous.

Less glamour, more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less effects, more art. vanilla tier ftw. i dont want my shoulders having enough glow effects to make my raid wanna stay 50 meters away from me thinking im some kind of boss AoE

15+ Year Old Account
    i wouldnt mind the effects, but i want to see new innovative armors and less re-used models.

Id prefer better content and surroundings detail to minor armor changes. That being said t6 warlock set amongst a few others were awesome. Same as t10 shaman with the shoulder animation. Small things like that would be nice, and no more armor that looks silly for its style, ie plate that looks like cloth, cloth that looks like it has plate inserts etc. And I would like weapons to actually look like useable weapons and not some huge unbalanced thing with random jagged parts and big lumpy ends on a sword etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Less effects, more art. vanilla tier ftw. i dont want my shoulders having enough glow effects to make my raid wanna stay 50 meters away from me thinking im some kind of boss AoE
    QotD, thank you good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulpiercer View Post
    Who cares about the stun when warriors will be a friggin armored comet!

I dont know if its even possible with the current engine but i would love to see armor being 3d.Instead of these tight armors we have now.

I can understand that leather or cloth are somewhat tight, but plate and mail arent that flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Healmasta69 View Post
    For example instead of spikes and more pointy things, how about adding more pizzaz and less well bland. Blah Blah Blah
    ...it's this early and you have the nerve, the audacity! to use a word similar to Pizza, how can I read your possibly enlightening post without a slam of pepperoni goodness by my side. I CANNOT!

=)

OT: Having very complicated models for every single armour piece could reduce the speed of gameplay just so you know. However given the current models I'm sure they can make much better stuff using the same amount of polys, awesome armour is one thing the community has cried out for, for years - with other prayers being answered this Xpansion, perhaps your wish will come true.

Some kind of themed sets, I believe, are a good choice, similar to the IC ones,
    or maybe those from Ulduar, but random crap that were PvP sets and most of the
    ToC sets should be the wrong way to do it.
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficious View Post
    Less ICC/ToC, more Ulduar.
    Fixed!
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

15+ Year Old Account
    Please no more "Animals for shoulder" for warrior-sets. We had goats and swines in WOTLK. All of the BC Warrior Sets were looking so awesome, from T4 to T6.5 Please go back to this sort of style. No more animals!
    And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
    And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted - nevermore!

Deleted
    I Liked How the PvP gear in Wrath was all grim and battleworn and eventully were imporved versions of the old gear tiers this is a really good idea i'd like to see it in Cata.

I dont want it to get worse Relentless Shaman>Wrathfull Shaman.

Deleted
    T6 was best. The new teir sets are going to have a strong elemental theme from what I've seen from blue posts.

One of my biggest wishes for Wow has always been that you could customize your gear looks.

Like in Aion where you could make a piece of gear look like another, destroying the original piece but making the new one look like the old ;-)

Deleted
    I wish gear was more 'class' based.

I love the Tier 7/8 gear, its the best looking sets since vanilla....shame hardly anybody does those runs....hope they reuse them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    I wish it was more 'race' based. like blood elf paladin helms would be a scarlet plate, while tauren paladin helms would be more of a wooden type thing

Deleted

I love the Tier 7/8 gear, its the best looking sets since vanilla....shame hardly anybody does those runs....hope they reuse them.

I hope you're trolling. Reused T3 sets were awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    I dunno about you but the druid tier 3 (-> 7) was really awesome.
    I agree though that reusing models sucks.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I wish it was more 'race' based. like blood elf paladin helms would be a scarlet plate, while tauren paladin helms would be more of a wooden type thing
    Yea, i would love Racial tier gear....but i think that would be too much effort for blizzard..i predict more t9 stuff (as in all cloth/leather/mail/plate is the same skin with minor changes and different colours)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
    Better that than some of the T10 stuff.

10+ Year Old Account

Better that than ALL of the T10 stuff.
    fix'd it!