Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    how come a hunters arrows always hit the target? In the head might i add.
    same answer.
    a wizard did it.

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Here's my reasoning.

When you're fighting a foe, they are going to do everything in their power to avoid damage you deal to them. The only real way to model this sort of behavior in WoW is to back it with math. You have to have a certain amount of hit in order to counteract their, lets call it "avoidance". An enemy also has a certain chance of deflecting a melee attack. No matter how skilled the swordsman, I think it unlikely to be able to make a solid hit EVERY single time. That makes the base chance a boss has to parry or dodge an attack logical - he's bound to prevent at least a small percentage of your attacks.

Now the healing. Your healer is focusing on protecting their party or raid and healing any damage taken. It is in the party and raid members best interest to allow a heal or preventative spell to be cast on themselves, thus they make mental preparations for it. If you're in a car wreck, surely you will allow the good doctors to fix your broken leg instead of hopping around on the good leg avoiding them - you'll surely hurt yourself worse if you don't allow them to mend you first.

Logic aside, RNG is present in so many parts of this game that FURTHER RNG in healing would be a nightmare. "I've got a large heal casting on the tank that should hit for 20,000-30,000 depending on whether it crits and for how much - oh shit, it missed. Tank died."
    Last edited by tilgare; 2010-08-05 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healers dont miss cause they already are hit capped, duh :P
    (3% hit is the heal hit cap)

In uld25 on iron council hardmode our holy pally's cleanse failed(yes that's what the combat log said "failed") to dispel fusion punch and ever since we have joked about him getting hit rating gear
    Hi Sephurik

i would say heals don't miss because the people you are trying to "hit" with them aren't trying to avoid them!
    if it was a golf club or a... car... you would naturally want to get out of the way of it but if you cut your finger and someone comes at you with a plaster [band aid] you wouldn't jump away from them
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

Ohhh, great let's just add critical misses for damage then...
    RandomMage casts Pyroblast
    RandomMage's Pyroblast critically misses for 30000 fire damage
    RandomMage dies

Thinking about that made me think... Imagine if we needed hit for buffs as well! Nightmare AHOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser View Post
    While punctuation would rock, you do bring up some valid points. I agree that it wouldn't be a fun mechanism in WoW, and yeah, it would be very easy to cap with the new talents.
    It ain´t a fun mechanic for damage either, just saying … and btw there are some players who are notorious hard to hit with healing as they keep running out of line of sight of their healers