Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubar23 View Post
    they said they were making Drain life damage more competitive. When i read that i simply though they were upping the damage so that if you were ever in a situation where u needed to gain some life quickly, it might actually save you long enough to get help. IMO there is 0% chance of DL's dps getting high enough to be in a normal PvE rotation.

as for some of your points, several have very little to do with warlocks and DL. It could very well be that shadow bolt wont be afflictions filler anymore come cata, but i just dont see DL being its replacement.
    SB is going to be our filler, GC's said that. I bloody well hope it gets pushback protection, though, it's just stupid that the spell we cast more often than any other in PvE has no pushback protection even when we choose to spec into pushback protection.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Mind Flay is now back to a 3 sec cast. There goes your arguement for having DL be our filler. Yup SBolt FTW.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

SB is going to be our filler, GC's said that. I bloody well hope it gets pushback protection, though, it's just stupid that the spell we cast more often than any other in PvE has no pushback protection even when we choose to spec into pushback protection.
    QFT

What's worse is that it's really the only spell we cast as aff that needs it... UA and Haunt cast so fast that Pushback doesn't really affect them. That's why I use the 55/0/16 build. Get that one point in pushback for each, sure I miss dark pact, but it's worth it in the long run.

Gotta say I think that demo and aff locks and frost mages are the only specs with that issue. But in Cata all mages are going to be able to talent 70% pushback resistance for all spells in tier 1 of the fire tree.

There is hope though, apparently another class is getting a version of Concentration Aura.(C'mon locks!)

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post

pve pve pve pve pve pve

is there even 1 person who looks from pvp perspective or is everyone just interested in pve?
    just contradicted yourself there bro because your whole thread was about pve locks already use drain life as their filler in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by tyden49 View Post
    just contradicted yourself there bro because your whole thread was about pve locks already use drain life as their filler in pvp
    nope, searing pain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by allforone View Post
    QFT

What's worse is that it's really the only spell we cast as aff that needs it... UA and Haunt cast so fast that Pushback doesn't really affect them. That's why I use the 55/0/16 build. Get that one point in pushback for each, sure I miss dark pact, but it's worth it in the long run.

Gotta say I think that demo and aff locks and frost mages are the only specs with that issue. But in Cata all mages are going to be able to talent 70% pushback resistance for all spells in tier 1 of the fire tree.

There is hope though, apparently another class is getting a version of Concentration Aura.(C'mon locks!)
    Pushback reduction is going to be a passive ability for all Warlocks trees along with +hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    this change to MF makes me even more certain that blizz is going to make DL filler for afflilocks.

Yet another somewhat indicating thing to think about
    This entire theory based on another class, a single spell, and dismissal of previous blue posts.

One post stated that amongst others, warlocks would not be seeing any significant rotation changes.
    Another that shadowbolt is likely to remain as the filler for affliction and demonology still.

Plus the recent correction all putting laid to rest, what should have never come up - again - in the first place.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Mind Flay is going back to a 3 sec cast time. As sometimes happens in beta, the data were pulled right while we were changing the spell, resulting in it being bugged. Sorry.
    It being a survivibility and scaling improvement makes a hell of a lot more sense than a rotation change, which has already been contradicted by blue posts.
    Supported further by posts stating that healers will have smaller and less sustainable mana pools, so less able to keep people so easily topped off as they do now.
    Everyone will have to take more responsibility for their own survivibility, instead of relying on the healers to keep them alive.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2010-08-09 at 12:33 AM.

Deleted
    Thread still goes on ? I have posted first here mind flay is back to 3 sec and that its pointless to continue it as it seems sb is going to be filler.

As to person who said DL is already used in pvp. RARELY because u risk school lockout then and its mostly dots + searing pain spam and DL when target is running OOLOS

It may be used rarely, but I can see it seeing more use.
    Particularly with the apparant removal of death coil.

A lot of wishful thinking countered by logic in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Particularly with the apparant removal of death coil.
    Say it aint so! D:

Unfortunatly death coil did seem to be removed in one of the beta builds.
    Around the time, if not when shadowflame got its "upgrade", and for that reason I imagine.
    Pity because it was far more reliable that shadowflame in being able to hit a moving target, plus the heal which judging from blue posts will make self-survivibility more of an issue than ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also the Soul Burned Fear I guess, which would have no targetting issues to work as an almost perfectly functional replacement, and with a much shorter cooldown (30s Vs 2mins). Although the healing will be missed, especially in PvE where it's like an extra Health Stone.

DC being removed is a real shame, but it's always been more of a DK spell, hasn't it?
    As long as we get something to cover for it (including the heal, and horror effect), I won't cry about it.

Death Knights only by name.
    Warlocks have had it for a considerably longer time than DK's have even been a playable class.
    If anything it should have had a new name when given to a DK.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Death Knights only by name.
    Warlocks have had it for a considerably longer time than DK's have even been a playable class.
    If anything it should have had a new name when given to a DK.
    Actually arthas had death coil in wc3 and he was a dk

Deleted
    Death Coil has not been removed.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    ~snip~
    Drain Life -- you should still cast Shadow Bolt as Affliction when you don't need to refresh dots, etc. (Source)
    ~snip~
    Now let's have no more of this nonsense.