Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking Dark Archangle/Evangelism

Ok last beta build introduced the dark versions of Archangel and Evangelism and I think I like them.I see them as a potential dps cooldown that we were looking for so much time.While they changed shadowform removed shadowpower and spirit tap so these talents could be attainable without any other major talents being left out.Comments and thoughts would be nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do like the Evangelism change, although I aren't too pleased with the 2 passive damage boosts in Tier 1. I'd love them to make Imp SW:P basically the SW:P glyph in live now, or do something different with Darkness.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-08-05 at 12:50 PM.

I do think the "dark" versions of the procs could use a name change for flavor and I kind of think they'll get around to it seeing as they are changing a lot of the talent names to give them cooler flavor. I suggest calling the "dark" Evangelism buff something like "Heresy" and change the proc/buff from Archangel to "Shadow Ascendant"(because "Fallen Angel" is too easy and doesn't really fit into WC lore).

BTW: I feel like Evangelism itself needs to be reworked as Mind Flay is a 5 second cast now. With 40% proc, you need three casts to theoretically ensure that the stack stays up. As is, flay can only be cast 3 times total within the 15 second window, which requires us to ignore anything else in order to make reliable use of the interactions.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-08-05 at 12:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the proc is 40% as it's intended to have a chance to proc on each tick, but only time will tell. What I don't like is the fact I can't take Archangel, Evangelism and max out Imp Inner FIre at the same time :<
    Last edited by Zorbak; 2010-08-05 at 11:38 AM.

I really wish I was in the beta; all this new spriest stuff sounds so cool...
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-08-05 at 12:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the new changes.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-08-05 at 12:51 PM.

it seems that priests will have loads to look after ;p evanglism /shadow orbs thats like 2x more than i has to now;p

fuk sake in cata i cant watch por.. eeh southpark while raiding.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post
    it seems that priests will have loads to look after ;p evanglism /shadow orbs thats like 2x more than i has to now;p

fuk sake in cata i cant watch por.. eeh southpark while raiding.
    You made me lol (= Which I kinda needed after a shitty day like this.
    @All our cute Atheists: Seriously? Who gives a f*ck.
    OT: I do like it! Tho, MF being 5sec channel now kinda screws everything up.. but I wouldn't be all that worried about it.

if it's a per-tick-proc, 1 talent point should be enough in evangelism, so there are enough talent points for a good raiding spec. if it's not a per-tick-proc, you could also spam mindflay, because iirc (and this is a big IF, i'm really not sure) you won't be able to clip mf in cataclysm anymore

i'm not too fond of the shadowtree though. cutting some ranks, so we could finally have a maxed out pve-tree with 51 points is great. but why has imp.spirit tap to go although i have to put 2 points in the now useless "phantasm", "imp. psychic scream", "psychic horror" or "sin and punishment" at the same time to actually get down to last tier. i relied on the buffed imp. st for leveling, now i have to actually wear a talisman

but this is like first pass for shadow, they will most likely change something again, maybe giving us atleast some crittalent. as it stands now, crit will be utterly useless, while haste even synergises(spelling?) with mastery through the third bonus

Quote Originally Posted by notanarrogantwizard View Post
    if it's a per-tick-proc, 1 talent point should be enough in evangelism, so there are enough talent points for a good raiding spec.
    Archangel requires 2/2 Evangelism, the talent calc doesn't show that.
    And obviously the shadowtree is mid a overhaul right now. Mindflay is currently bugged, so is archangel, and many talents are still untouched (not because they're going to stay, but because the build was taken in mid of a design phase)
    I'd expect a new build with more changes in the next few days.

oh ok, thanks for the clarification. sadly, i'm not in the beta myself. so we are currently one talent point short in the discipline tree and missing a 2-point pve talent in the shadow tree. waiting for next build...

... maybe giving us atleast some crittalent. as it stands now, crit will be utterly useless...
    We will be getting our crit scaling passively at level 10 for specializing in Shadow, just like all the other DPS caster specs. Our talents are just a little behind in the development process.

I posed this somewhere else, but aren't the changes to evangelism and archangel just another implementation of shadow weaving, that now requires us to use a global cooldown to activate?
    Last edited by Töasty; 2010-08-05 at 04:17 PM.

yep it is a flat 10% increased dmg for dots but when you use archangel is a 15% increase in all dmg done both dots and MF-MS-MB,what's left is what will be the duration of the 15% dmg buff, anyone can find it? in case ive missed it somewhere.

It used to say that Archangel lasts for 20 seconds, but I really don't know.

Darkangel is only really a 15% damage increase when you use a dot-less rotation (as you will when a new mob spawns and must die pronto) - otherwise you lose the built up Evangelism and I reckon that it drops to a 10% increase or so. I doubt that its duration and cooldown are fully decided yet.

The Archangel buff on Wowhead has a 15 second cooldown and 18 second duration. I assume the numbers are the same for the shadowy version until I hear otherwise.

GC stated that they were switching MF back to the TBC implementation to make it impossible for us to clip while chaincasting. In TBC MF was essentially a DoT that was applied only while you stood and channeled, and therefore considered to be "periodic" damage. There's a good chance that the periodic damage increase from Dark Evangelism will affect Mind Flay.

Even if the end affect on our damage is similar to Shadow Weaving, I think the DE/DA mechanism is far more interactive and engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by buch3r View Post
    I posed this somewhere else, but aren't the changes to evangelism and archangel just another implementation of shadow weaving, that now requires us to use a global cooldown to activate?
    It's actually much more like Slice and Dice or Savage Roar (build up combo points / stacks and launch buff). They've already added something similar for ret pallies via Holy Power and Inquisition. I think we'll see this type of effect for more classes before the design phase is through.

I would really like to see either a screenshot or video of what the new darkangel/evangelism effect looks like in shadowform

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm not too fond of the shadowtree though. cutting some ranks, so we could finally have a maxed out pve-tree with 51 points is great. but why has imp.spirit tap to go although i have to put 2 points in the now useless "phantasm", "imp. psychic scream", "psychic horror" or "sin and punishment" at the same time to actually get down to last tier. i relied on the buffed imp. st for leveling, now i have to actually wear a talisman
    Blizzard has stated they don't want everything to be mandatory. Having that choice between talents is something that i LOVE. I can finally take things that maybe not everyone else takes.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I think it would be nice if they switch Evangilism with Imp PW:S. As it is now it will be impossible to get 3 points in Imp IF and get Evagilism and Archangeal. That simple change could make it possible and free up a point or two for the shadow tree to take one of the more "fun" non mandatory talents. Just some thoughts what do you all think? Am I dreaming or is this possible before Cata goes live!