Deleted

Elemental Precision In PvP

Hi, the The Talent for elemental Precision has been altered for Cata, as im sure most of you know.

Here it is: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=.9sm.shaman

From this I can gather that with 3/3 Talented: 1 SPT = 1 Hit

So straight away I have 3% Hit rating and any Additional Hit which comes from my spirit. Now im aiming for the 6% PvP hardcap so I Only need 3% more Which comes come an easily obtainable 3%.

In Cata as far as im aware there will be SPT on Spell mail as a standard so surely this means PvPing shamans will be in a huge ecess of Hit rating.

So my question here is am i right to assume that by Speccing Elemental Precision 1/3; 3 SPT = 1 Hit? so I will have 1% Hit from the talent and then 15 SPT from my gear ! piece of gear will cover this easily for the remaining 5%

Even with 1 Point in this seemingly very attractive talent My gear will be in a huge excess hit from one item by stacking another stat that will be vital anyway

Am I way off here or does this talent benefit me more by only investing 1 point in it?

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmocf3019a701a; 2010-08-05 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphis View Post
    Hi, the The Talent for elemental Precision has been altered for Cata, as im sure most of you know.

Here it is: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=.9sm.shaman

From this I can gather that with 3/3 Talented: 1 SPT = 1 Hit

So straight away I have 3% Hit rating and any Additional Hit which comes from my spirit. Now im aiming for the 6% PvP hardcap so I Only need 3% more Which comes come an easily obtainable 3%.

In Cata as far as im aware there will be SPT on Spell mail as a standard so surely this means PvPing shamans will be in a huge ecess of Hit rating.

So my question here is am i right to assume that by Speccing Elemental Precision 1/3; 3 SPT = 1 Hit? so I will have 1% Hit from the talent and then 15 SPT from my gear ! piece of gear will cover this easily for the remaining 5%

Even with 1 Point in this seemingly very attractive talent My gear will be in a huge excess hit from one item by stacking another stat that will be vital anyway

Am I way off here or does this talent benefit me more by only investing 1 point in it?

Thanks.
    No one knows how PvP gear is going to work, much less how the interaction with Spirit is going to work. What the conversion rate will be, etc. No one knows if ALL our pieces will have Spirit on them or if only some will...

So in short, no one can answer your question.

However, if we think about it hypothetically and assume you do have the situation you're talking about where you're way over hit cap for PvP, then yes I can see only investing the points necessary for you to hit cap being worth investing into that talent.

My justification is that with 100% of spirit converted, if you're still over cap that's a wasted stat and talent point. Now if you remove one point from the talent and still remain over cap, then it's still a wasted stat, but now you have one more talent point to fit into your tree. Same with if you can remove two talent points.

But that's all just hypothetical.. We're still unsure of how it'll work in the final build of Cataclysm.