Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As sad as this makes me in its current form it needs a nerf. Using Lich King 25M Heroic as an example -- DOT everything (ghouls, sub 50% valks, etc) the entire fight = Pyroblast machine gun pretty much. Granted this could be changed back -- this is not really an AOE nerf as 1 user commented but a direct dmg nerf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow... all this QQ over stuff in beta. Seriously, this isn't much different from the LIVE version. They just swapped out Living Bomb with Pyroblast. Honestly, most of your hot streaks come from chain fireballs and not chain Living Bomb aoe crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    Someone isn't stupid because he makes ridicule of God. It's rather healthy and down to Earth really. The paladin part is obviously trolling.
    Yeah it was kinda trolly... but, im annoyed of pala's getting so mucn attention for quite some time :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdx View Post
    Yeah it was kinda trolly... but, im annoyed of pala's getting so mucn attention for quite some time :/
    because they're a class that actually needs significant work.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Wow... all this QQ over stuff in beta. Seriously, this isn't much different from the LIVE version. They just swapped out Living Bomb with Pyroblast. Honestly, most of your hot streaks come from chain fireballs and not chain Living Bomb aoe crits.
    I beg to differ and personally I don't really care about this change but as it currently is on things like Lich King 25 Heroic, Halion 25 Heroic -> LB SPAM -> Pyro Machine Gun = Happy Mage. My comments are NOT based off normal mode fights or heroic stand and nuke fights w/o adds but on heroic fights w/tons of adds.

Someone commented in this thread that HS procs have become perdictable and I can 100% agree with this statement once you start dotting up adds that stay alive long enough for LB to finish on.

Oh fuck. Why do they nerf us? It certaintly wasn't OP... why bother nerfing this when you can nerf paladins??
    ever did LK? living bomb the vile spirits and then spam your Pyro button :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seyas View Post
    I beg to differ and personally I don't really care about this change but as it currently is on things like Lich King 25 Heroic, Halion 25 Heroic -> LB SPAM -> Pyro Machine Gun = Happy Mage. My comments are NOT based off normal mode fights or heroic stand and nuke fights w/o adds but on heroic fights w/tons of adds.

Someone commented in this thread that HS procs have become perdictable and I can 100% agree with this statement once you start dotting up adds that stay alive long enough for LB to finish on.
    because heroic lich king is the proper measuring tool for a cataclysm talent.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    because heroic lich king is the proper measuring tool for a cataclysm talent.
    You know I can't tell if this is you trying to be funny/stupid or serious but actually I would have to agree with said statement even if you are joking in beta a lot the encounter mechanics take from things like defile and shadow trap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seyas View Post
    You know I can't tell if this is you trying to be funny/stupid or serious but actually I would have to agree with said statement even if you are joking in beta a lot the encounter mechanics take from things like defile and shadow trap.
    defile and shadow traps equate to a grotesque amount of adds spawning in an end game fight? defile and shadow traps are just void zones, which were introduced to WoW in vanilla, so you can't really call either a new mechanic introduced in the LK fight.

using anything on live to simulate cataclysm is like using a bike to justify motorcycle talent.
    BfA Beta Time

I heard Cataclysm was out now.
    OT: If you don't like something, post it in the feedback on the official forums they rely on that so people don't explode when shit goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attention as in being nerfed, yes.
    Now they finally bothered giving Ret an actual rotation, and seriously updating Prot. This was needed.

On topic: I like the idea of Hot Streak proccing from itself. And it's a Beta, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    that's kind of the point though. they don't want the current scenario of fire mages spamming endless hot streaks.
    I can live with less pyro's but I want a different button to press and not more fireballs.

And with pyro helping on the scorch debuff, we'll end up with 3 buttons (FB/pyro/LB) and 2 CDs (combustion every 2 minutes and flame orb every minute).

I hope they either make scorch interesting (unlikely as it'll be our "when I need to move"-spell) or add a new mechanic.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm really hoping they go in the direction of making blast wave worthwhile in a standard rotation, and removing some of its PvP implications, or just add those to dragon's breath since i hate how half of the fire trees "iconic" abilities don't do shit in PvE. i'm not saying they should all be about PvE (check out spriests sin and punishment) or PvP (actually, sin and punishment should go here), i'd just like the talents a fire mage NEEDS to spec into to be competitive in PvE to have some PvE ramifications.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinky31 View Post
    it wasnt "3 crits in a row" Machine. read the tooltips more than once
    that design was much better, a bit OP tho
    Hah, seems like I should!

Anyhow, the point still stands and I think it's a good idea from Blizzards part. And people being afraid of not doing enough dps - I wouldn't worry all that much. They are professionals, they want everyone to be on par, and I'm 110% sure they do realise they have to buff / change / tweak / whatever something else. AND! As much as people hate it, it's just beta :F

As long as hotstreak is still around who cares weither livingbomb is gone, atleast they made it back to 2crits instead of three.
    Last edited by deadmetal; 2010-08-05 at 11:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blastwave is a 15 second cooldown.

Yeah i realized that after i had posted and changed my post lol. Before on the talent calculators it showed no cooldown. my bad.

---------- Post added 2010-08-05 at 11:51 PM ----------

The Living Bomb spam to get hotstreak was sorta OP. Atleast they didnt just knock off LB and do nothing else, they added pyro which im excited about and made it no mana cost.

lol i dunno this thread is bananas

LB in AoE situations made the previous incarnation of hot-streak VERY OP, not at all surprised by the change because in all honesty it was needed. Hot streak is still awesome .

Currently working in beta as of today

It's not 2 crits in a row, you get a crit and you counter stays at 1 until you get another crit then hot streak procs, whether that be 1 second later or 1 minute later even if you get a bunch of non crits in between.

So either the tooltip is wrong or it's bugged.