Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireWrites View Post
    TL;DR: i bought a laptop with loads og ram and hd space so it must be good!
    graphic card is the most important thing to evaluate if you play (along with a good motherboard, cpu ram and POWER SUPPLY) with your computer.

integrated gpu = change laptop or buy a desktop. really there is no other solution unfortunately.
    i suggest a desktop, high customization and easy upgrades.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2010-08-05 at 04:17 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Unfortunately upgrading parts in laptops is actually pretty hard and is not cost effective. Instead of just upgradeing one peice of hardware you generally have to up grade everything. By the time you had propper specs you could have just bought yourself a brand new laptop.

I dont know your situation nor do I know why you must play on a laptop but I would sugest you switch over to a desktop. You can build a gaming desktop(Midrange) for under $600 if you know how to shop which is far cheaper than buying a gaming laptop. With a desktop you can always upgrade a part of add more ram this however is not really the case with a laptop.

The best you could hope for is an external gcard but I personally cant recomend that has I have not tested any of those products.

I prefer actual performance numbers when picking new hardware components rather than arbitrary opinions ... http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/g...s-cards,1.html

Best advice, do some research and then pick accordingly based on your price point.

I also use reviews on Newegg when I don't particularly care about brand name and the cards' specifications are essentially identical.

Thank you for all the replies!

Trust me, I would love to play on a desktop. But because of my traveling situation I must stick with my laptop. So from what I have read in these comments, it would be extremely difficult to replace the video card without losing the entire motherboard. Lame. Any other tips on increasing FPS and/or maintaining my FPS with settings up a little bit more? Not asking for much, just want Particle Density, Projected Textures, and the last texture option(not player textures). I will try dropping the screen res.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    8800 GT outperforms 9600 GT in plenty of benchmarks though.
    The 9600GT is a DX10 card, the 8800gt isn't that's mainly what I meant by upgrade, both those cards are basically the same besides that.