Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Imo Mages don't loose anything ... we will become more interesting in Cata ... 3 new spells a lot of talent redesign ... Arcane looks cooler at last ... Frost and Fire more interesting ... all of them will be usefull in PvE and PvP ... nah I just like the Blizzard works on mages ... the only "annoying" talent for me is "Impact" nothing more ...
    Last edited by Nethersys; 2010-08-10 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I totally agree and this is what I was getting at. Warlocks and priests have bubbles which, in my opinion should be mage only, mages hardly have any unique spells other than portals and conjure food. I would like something real mage-like. Hence why I'm so mad over Wall of Fog.
    Your avatar is very appropriate. You think that Mages are the only class in the game who should get Shields...as opposed to say Priests, the class with a talent tree based around them, Discipline.

Sorry, but your entire post, and the post that you quoted, basically say "I don't want Time Warp unless it's better than Bloodlust, I am whining about spells that are not finished and that I am not able to figure out uses for since I haven't tested them myself, other classes are getting new spells which is unfair to me, the new talents don't all have +X% Damage on them and so are bad talents, I could do a better job but am of course not going to give any examples of me doing so." And then of course, QQQQQQQQQ.

Deleted
    there is no other class that have so much utility skills as mage so you should all stop QQ... blizzard gives skills that classes need and as we all see from these changes mages dont need much

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy being a mage, otherwise I would reroll :P

Have a few vids playing with the new spells in my sig, even if I am just a pve'er :P

The new spells are pretty interesting IMO, especially our own heroism/bloodlust.'

The curtain of frost was a good idea but what is becoming is kinda meh.

My only beef is with Fire Orb, it fails worse than blink. I usually use it in instances and 80% of the time after the cast is done, nothing happens. This is also a great idea and there are really not many ways to implement it... I guess the terrain still needs work. It sucks to lose the spell mana without anything happening. In the case of blink, in boss related terrains it seems to work great but in the open world (where it doesn't really matter) bugs out often.

Bottom line, QQ @ Fire Orb!

something i haven't had a chance to play around with yet-can flame orb hit stealthed targets? not the explosion aoe, but the semi-autonomous targetting of its forward motion flames?

I'm Charmander. Nerf Squirtle. Bulbasaur is fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidphoenix View Post
    something i haven't had a chance to play around with yet-can flame orb hit stealthed targets? not the explosion aoe, but the semi-autonomous targetting of its forward motion flames?
    probably, since every other AoE in the game hits stealthed targets.
    BfA Beta Time

tested-and it doesnt. time will tell if thats intended.

Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    How is no-one seeing the usefulness of the Iron Kurtain of Frost in pvp!

Think of the tunnels in WSG, All entrances to buildings / tripwires heading to the points in AB,

it will be useful in most chokepoints, and even more so for kiting mobs
    It isnt big enough to cover the tunnel from side to side so people will just walk around it. I dont think it covers any chokepoint except very few thin doorways, making it the most useless spell ive ever heard of in its current form. It cannot be used as a triwire if people can see it and just walk around it. kiting mobs is for huntards, kiting players is for pro mages.

Alot of people think the whole CoF spell is a little underwhelming. Blizz seems to like recycling old spells and giving them to mages, so I dont understand why they havent given us something else instead like Freezing Circle, the move the Bloodscale Enchantresses use in Zangermarsh. I mean it would be a hell of a lot more useful in pve and could potentially be used in pvp in the hands of a skilled player

Quote Originally Posted by kyoharu View Post
    I personally am rather disappointed with the new mage abilities.

Time Warp is just a recycled Blood Lust/Heroism

Flame Orb (If I read it right), is just a recycle of the ability the mobs in OS have. (Doesn't seem too useful in raid content though I could be wrong.)
    So you don't like time warp because it's not a cool/flashy new spell, but it's massively useful in raids
    and you don't like flame orb because it's not too useful in raids, though it's a flashy cool spell?
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Flame orb is a set and forget aoe, not a bad thing.
    Dampen/Amplify magic were more niche abilities for very specific fights most of the time.
    As for fog we will have to see how that pans out.
    Frost mages are already about, if not at the top for CC and mobility, and now are given yet another option, like the above described a potential set and forget.

Flame Orb may be put into the Fire Mage PvE rotation if the explosion does good damage, and it'll definitely be used on anything that involves AoE. Frost mages can use it as Frostfire Orb, maybe Arcane mages won't be so happy about it, a lot of spells right now cannot be judged as we have no idea what the numbers will be like.