Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Easiest - Hunter(ofc), Warlock, Paladin
    Hardest - Warrior, Rogue, Priest
    Bigger than Life.

It depends how noobish the noob is :P

Warlocks can be very educational; balancing DoTs, direct-damage and threat (when you have a voidwalker) plus the three trees are very distinctive.

Mages are very safe, especially frosty ones, if you know where all your emergency buttons are.

Both these cloth casters can offer a nice easy ride or allow you to push your skills and judgement to multi-mob (through AoE or multi-DoTting) but if you're prone to making bad pulls you can expect to die a lot.

Rogues are a lot of fun for exploring and have heaps of cooldowns to mess about with. It's a lot of fun attacking a group of mobs with blade-flurry and evasion, taking down as many as possible then vanishing or sprinting away, bandaging and heading back to finish them off.

Once you get them to level 40 (ret) paladins are a cakewalk, simple button mashing whilst switching between seals of light / wisdom / the hurty one gets you through most quests or top of the DPS meters with no bother. However they are horribly boring at lower levels (I believe the same can be said for priests and shaman).

Can't really comment on hunters because I'm levelling with a weird survival / BM melee spec that probably falls well short of an optimum build.

I levelled my warrior as prot in vanilla and TBC, it was horrible for questing but great for tanking.

However by far the easiest class I've found for levelling was a feral druid. A lot of the advantages a rogue has (especially as a nelf with shadowmeld now) plus the ability to heal or turn in to a tank which is great for bad pulls or joining dungeons.

I'm going to break from the conventional wisdom here and say that there really isn't any class that's too hard for new players. They're all really not that different in complexity.

A lot of the arguments seem to center around a view of what the class is like in the endgame, but during level up there's plenty of time to become accustomed to the class and mechanics as new "buttons" emerge. The levelup experience as a new player is not at all about maximizing performance through rotations or min/maxing-gear, and every class is reasonable to get into under those conditions.

best for new players: hunter and paladin

worst: id say warrior/warlock/mage

from pvp pov

Quote Originally Posted by Solarshot View Post
    cause you know... warriors dont have a spec that allows them to withstand more damage than other players
    Someone just mentioned arms warrior being extremely dull; because you have nearly nothing but weapon damage.

Deleted
    For leveling I would say shaman, rogue, paladin are the easiest in no special order. Reason being a few instant cast attacks available at early levels such as Earth Shock, Sinister Strike and Judgment respectively can increase your early game burst immensely. Shaman and paladins also have heals for tough situations while rogues have Evasion and Sprint.

Hardest would be mage, priest and warrior. Mages run low on mana very quickly, making it tough to deal with multiple pulls, leaving you with no options except dying. Priests have the same problem as mages, but deal even less damage as well as less mana-efficient damage. Warriors lack instant attcks, relying mostly on autoswing damage and have no heals or escapes.

When i started Best hunter worst prot warr(which i leveled as)

Now best Hunter warlock are easy as pet classes which can tank and pallies dks that are dps while self healing in plate.

Worst now is prob arms warr or rogue as neither have great mitigation or healing at all. Prot is now prob one of the easiest since revenge crits can one hit 2 same level mobs well into outlands and shield block is 12 secs of bubble against melee mobs. Ive gone through a couple of accounts since i started and recently restarted and decided to go back to my first main and was amazed at how easy leveling prot was. And tanking is super easy if you can find dstance revenge tclap at low levels.

The best class for leveling is the class you like best. I started out as a mage and my lvling spec was *gasp* FIRE! I had a hard time lvling... but as a noob, I would've rather lvled as a fire mage than say, a priest or a paladin.

Deleted
    Anyone who said warlock as the best for a 'newb', is a noob themselves.

They are not the same pet class in the context of hunters, even demonology does not compare to beastmaster in any way.

I bet you all leveled with a voidwalker out and tried to let it tank ? amirite? lmao

As an fyi;

- If you are shadowbolting/destro leveling then you are simply a wannabe mage.
    - If you are voidwalker tanking in any spec and trying to balance threat then you are a sucky wannabe bm huntard

Afflic + SL + SL + Drain life + puppy = 10+ mobs of equal or lower level, l2play lock
    Last edited by mmoc8c33afb478; 2010-08-05 at 07:35 PM. Reason: bad spellz

Quote Originally Posted by ugeowhopwr View Post
    For leveling I would say shaman, rogue, paladin are the easiest in no special order. Reason being a few instant cast attacks available at early levels such as Earth Shock, Sinister Strike and Judgment respectively can increase your early game burst immensely. Shaman and paladins also have heals for tough situations while rogues have Evasion and Sprint.

Hardest would be mage, priest and warrior. Mages run low on mana very quickly, making it tough to deal with multiple pulls, leaving you with no options except dying. Priests have the same problem as mages, but deal even less damage as well as less mana-efficient damage. Warriors lack instant attcks, relying mostly on autoswing damage and have no heals or escapes.
    You obviously havent seen revenge in its current form that you get at 14 or 16.

---------- Post added 2010-08-05 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    Just on the note of warriors, they'll be slamming in cataclysm.
    They'll have the new and improved heroic strike (no longer on next swing, but instead an instant attack). Mortal strike at level 10 for arms and bloodthirst for fury. In short they'll be able to actually do something prior to level 40, unlike now.
    Once again they already are it will just make dps specs rather than just prot quick and easy before 40.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Lol, hence the so many dks facerolling the dps meter and rocking the arena top 100. Oh wait, you were talking bullshit, well why didn't you say so ?

We weren't talking about leveling. :P
    Go reread the OP and the majority of the posts, chief. We clearly were talking about leveling and the low level experience. Try that reading thing before spewing shit out of your mouth.

Hunters are by far the easiest....they are essentially the afk while lvling class

Prolly locks for the hardest....life tap and sharding prolly is odd for starters

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go with Paladin. Even though they are a "easy to learn hard to master" kind of class, they are stupid easy for leveling.

Wrost is probably Mage or Warrior sence they have no healing and little "OH SHI--" buttons early on.
    Last edited by Nahte; 2010-08-05 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    best class: Hunter.

Worst: Feral druid.
    ^This

my fav class is boomkin i love my Druids
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7  Tremble at the might of the LICH KITTY!!!
     l、 ~ヽ  . 
     じしl_, )ノ

Easiest Arcane Mage or Ret Pala
    Worst class: Feral Druid

You failed 2 times:
    1. you put dk as the easiest, which is bs
    2. you put hunter the 3rd hardest, which is even more bs
    LOL, you turned this whole thread into defending DK. Everyone knows DK is horribly easy. ALL classes are easy period. If anyone spends more then a year playing a class they can play it perfectly, unless they are retarded. Your defending something that is irrelevant. DK's are stupid easy, Pallys are stupid easy, Druids are stupid easy, EVERYTHING is stupid easy. If you truly find playing a class hard, then you need to widen your horizons.

10+ Year Old Account
    DK's are not a good noob class anymore. Blood is the only noob friendly spec and it doesn't put up numbers anymore. To be competitive you have to be frost, which requires excellent timing and reflex. Anyone who claims frost is "ezmode" has never tried it.

---------- Post added 2010-08-05 at 09:09 PM ----------

That is crap. You can't compare the easyness of an arcane mage to that of a feral druid. The diference is huge.

You can say a circus athlete has an easy time dancing in thin air 20 meters above cause he has trained all his life and now it comes easy to him. Does that mean any average joe can do the same ? NO.

The reason why I'm defending dks is because even now, there are still butthurt idiots who never played a dk or played it until level 60-ish, but were steamrolled by them in s5 and they can never forget nor forgive and use every opportunity to bash dks, even when they have no ideea wtf they are talking about.
    /agree

Noobs should not even think about being an Enh shaman

Have to go with rogue actually for the worst. While combat may be a slight bit of a breeze, post blade flurry, you still have to manage cooldowns, crowd control groups to fight one on one, etc. Assassination and sub are even worse (although more fun) as they rely completely on controlling the fights, cooldown usage, and stealth.

For players with heirlooms it doesn't matter as you can faceroll leveling. If someone is new, have to steer them away from it unless they're dead set on playing one (especially assassination and sub) until they get a better feel for the game.

This has nothing to do with the easiness of rogue dps at 80. Opinion is simply based on the leveling aspect where you actually need to use all of your tools.

Best however would be paladins or hunters. Blizzard didn't put "great at soloing" on the hunter description at creation for nothing.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2010-08-05 at 09:19 PM.