Making Wow sigs in Photoshop question

Okay this is a 2 part question.

I imported my character into wow model viewer but how am I to import him into Photoshop without the background? I took a screenshot of him in Wmv and I can't use the magic wand tool because the fire around his shoulders is way to light so it won't erase it properly.

So instead I imported the background I made in Photoshop into Wmv and put my character behind it. Then I imported that screenshot into Photoshop to put some text around it. But then I go to resize it so it abides by the size restriction. But when I resize it, it looks awful, the image is all choppy because I made it so small. Is there a way to resize it properly and look good still?

Any solution to either of my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD1JeLJmyGk]

Video tutorial I made to show how to use modelviewer and how to get it into photoshop.
    Hope it helps

Change the background color of WMV to any color not in your avatar. Light Pink for example. Once you have the avatar the way you like it, hit Print Screen. (Also, to get rid of any harsh lights on weapons or armor, Sheath weapons then unsheath.)

2) In Photoshop hit new and Ctl + V to paste. Use the eyedropper tool and click the light pink color (or whatever color you choose).

3) Go to Select and click on Color Range. This will put "marching ants" around the pic.

4) Hit Delete. Then click on Deselect. That takes off the Light Pink color around your avatar.

Put in background, etc. and save as jpeg in PS. Done.

Thanks for the help, anyone still know about not getting the choppy look when I resize it down alot?

Could have sworn the last time I used the model viewer there was an option to save as a .png file. It saves the model with an empty background.

Man I'm really tired today. Yes you can save without the background. When you go to save your screenshot, save it as a .png. Ugh...need more tea.
    Last edited by Zness; 2010-08-05 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0guy View Post
    Thanks for the help, anyone still know about not getting the choppy look when I resize it down alot?
    Don't resize it multiple times. If you get it the first time, it won't end up choppy.