Thread: Overkill buff?

Overkill buff?

Overkill: +30% energy regeneration over 20 seconds (60 energy) no CD/Requires stealth
    Adrenaline Rush: +100% energy regeneration and +20% ASPD over 15 seconds (150 energy) 3min CD
    Preperation: Refreshes Sprint, Evasion, Vanish, and Shadowstep 5min CD

So as you can see, Overkill is pretty lackluster. Practically useless for PVE and resetting swing timer(120 energy at best+resetting swing timer once). Pretty bad for PVP but it allows for an extra Mutilate. Though with fights lasting longer come Cata, I doubt 1 Mutilate will make up for much at all. As far as everyone can tell right now it's only a filler talent for PVE, leaving PVP without enough points to care.

Does anyone think we'll see a buff to Overkill?
    Note: I realize this is beta but this hasn't been talk about much at all, so I figured I'd bring it up and hopefully it will be discussed.

Well, do you feel that Mutilate builds need to be stronger? Because if you don't- and I don't, I think it's the strongest Rogue tree at the moment and in a very good place overall- then you'd have to nerf something else to compensate.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

From the beta changes I've seen so far, it looks like Mutilate will still be the sustained DPS spec with limited cooldowns, while Combat will stay the "burst" DPS spec. If this is the case come Cata release, I'm sure Overkill won't get a change.
    Last edited by Alisaryn; 2010-08-06 at 04:11 AM.

You also have Venomous Wounds to regen energy. Mutilate may not need more energy regen right now, however I am not on beta so I don't know how well VW works.

% scales
    energy regen scales with haste

Just keep that in mind.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    % scales
    energy regen scales with haste

Just keep that in mind.
    Yeah, with the new haste I can't imagine what % of energy regen a rogue could have with that. 170% + 30% more! I'm eager to see the % haste scales with energy regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisaryn View Post
    From the beta changes I've seen so far, it looks like Mutilate will still be the sustained DPS spec with limited cooldowns, while Combat will stay the "burst" DPS spec. If this is the case come Cata release, I'm sure Overkill won't get a change.
    Vendetta looks like a pretty powerful cooldown, though.