Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The line actually exists between in-character actions, and out of character actions. Yes, it is perfectly fine, allowable, and even supported (on an RP realm) for a character or group of characters to make a claim to a location. If another player is being disruptive, and it's an 'in-character' reaction to tell the offending character they're not welcome, the roleplayers are well within their rights. It's not griefing. Because heaven forbid one character not like another.

Should it come down to a GM stepping in, they would side with the group, and not the disruptive individual.
    I heard today that nobody is perfect. Now I'm afraid I don't exist.

Although you never know nowadays for stupid reasons governments, people, or organizations are siding with a minority instead of the proper "rule of the majority."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Daphna is exactly right. Tauror, you've made some good posts in the past, but you're obviously jumping on the troll-train here. Here's what it breaks down to:

1) These people have every right to tell others, in character, to leave the Cathedral.
    2) Those people have every right to, in turn, ignore that request. This may however qualify as bad roleplaying, depending on the circumstance.

It's as simple as that.
    Which was exactly what I said in the first place. Now defending that we have the rights to grief to griefing ones is a hypocritical stand and also a bannable offence, which was always my point on this thread.

---------- Post added 2010-08-06 at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daphna Faldor View Post
    You have no grasp on how role-playing works; it's clear from your posts - you're stuck thinking that claiming land in-character is harassment. It does bogle the mind what exactly got you to think that.
    You keep missing the point. As I said, you can "claim" whatever you want but the moment you start telling people that they can't be there, being them disruptive or a simple random bystander, you ARE harassing players. Everyone pays the same to have access to the same places.

That's why there are GM tickets, so the rightful "authority" deal with the problems.

---------- Post added 2010-08-06 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    No the problem lies in that he is disruptive and abusive towards them in their RP. This, is against RP-realm policy, reportable and bannable.
    Which was never my point, if you read my previous posts.

EDIT: It's obvious I'm not defending jerks that disrupt events or such, but as in everything, there are jerks on both sides, which is what I'm against.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2010-08-06 at 09:24 PM.

I like how three pages later the OP's sig remains untouched. Brilliant.

Spammers: smarter than your average MMO-champ mod!

You can't be here you must leave! Was that harassing? No, that was me just telling you something. Harassing is getting like 10 people to say
    "YOU CANT BE HERE!" over and over again or just one person constantly spamming it. I feel that griefers deserve to be griefed back so the OP got what he deserved and if I was a gm I would give him an additional ban for 2 days to show that griefing people who did nothing to the original griefer is not okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow121292 View Post
    You can't be here you must leave! Was that harassing? No, that was me just telling you something. Harassing is getting like 10 people to say
    "YOU CANT BE HERE!" over and over again or just one person constantly spamming it. I feel that griefers deserve to be griefed back so the OP got what he deserved and if I was a gm I would give him an additional ban for 2 days to show that griefing people who did nothing to the original griefer is not okay.
    All we know about the story is what the OP said. Obviously something more happened, but since I can only work on what has been told and not suppositions, the OP was "kicked" 6 times from the Stormwind Cathedral because he is a dwarf.

Sorry, how can, only based on these so-called facts, this not be harassement? He has all the rights to be there as long he is not disruptive. That's the problem right here. Heck, following that logic, I'm going to claim the entrance of the auction house and force everyone paying a toll to pass my property because I'm role-playing a landowner.

It's all about finding a middle ground, that's all.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2010-08-06 at 09:39 PM.

I would also like to hear the other sides story because from what post #5 says the guild that kicked him did it to him for being a jerk and from his spelling and the total way he sounds like a troll I'd believe it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow121292 View Post
    I would also like to hear the other sides story because from what post #5 says the guild that kicked him did it to him for being a jerk and from his spelling and the total way he sounds like a troll I'd believe it.
    Yeah, that's why I called it a silly thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Except for the fact you can't claim anything on WoW, except for your gold and gear.

---------- Post added 2010-08-06 at 08:52 PM ----------

This.
    You are quite wrong sir =X.

You do not own anything on World of Warcraft, you pay every month to rent the service and this is why Blizzard controls your account, if you screw up or break their rules you will be punished.

You do not own the gear, the gold, the currency etc. You pay to rent it and it can be revoked at any point in time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    You are quite wrong sir =X.

You do not own anything on World of Warcraft, you pay every month to rent the service and this is why Blizzard controls your account, if you screw up or break their rules you will be punished.

You do not own the gear, the gold, the currency etc. You pay to rent it and it can be revoked at any point in time.
    Yes, you are correct. But it was lack of better word.

Which was exactly what I said in the first place. Now defending that we have the rights to grief to griefing ones is a hypocritical stand and also a bannable offence, which was always my point on this thread.[COLOR="red"]
    No. There is no form of offense, griefing or whatever involved in this. If ten people say "Dwarf, you are not welcome here, begone!" that is not griefing; it's roleplaying. They cannot prevent said dwarf from sticking around if he chooses to, and there is nothing remotely objectionable going on. Like Daphna said, you clearly do not have an understanding of the workings of roleplaying or roleplaying servers, and no GM in the world would take your stance on the matter.

Deleted
    No. There is no form of offense, griefing or whatever involved in this. If ten people say "Dwarf, you are not welcome here, begone!" that is not griefing; it's roleplaying. They cannot prevent said dwarf from sticking around if he chooses to, and there is nothing remotely objectionable going on. Like Daphna said, you clearly do not have an understanding of the workings of roleplaying or roleplaying servers, and no GM in the world would take your stance on the matter.
    Six times.

Yet again, it's all about middle ground, the Stormwind Cathedral is open to everyone that wants to go there. Your playing style shouldn't be overlapping mine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by backor View Post
    OH MU GOD! for the sixth time today i was removed from the cathedral because i am a dwarf REALLY? ima dwaf so that means im not allowed in, because one the there hospital patients dislikes dwares so im banned..pathetic they have too much controll over that building.
    Successful troll is successful.

Six times.

Yet again, it's all about middle ground, the Stormwind Cathedral is open to everyone that wants to go there. Your playing style shouldn't be overlapping mine.
    Again, if you understood how roleplaying works, then you wouldn't be making that argument. Roleplaying styles OFTEN overlap in unmoderated environments such as WoW. It's part of the game, and it is handled by either talking things over, out of character, or more commonly, by ignoring each other. It is entirely up to Mr. Dwarf how to handle the situation - because the situation itself is perfectly valid.

Deleted
    Again, if you understood how roleplaying works, then you wouldn't be making that argument. Roleplaying styles OFTEN overlap in unmoderated environments such as WoW. It's part of the game, and it is handled by either talking things over, out of character, or more commonly, by ignoring each other. It is entirely up to Mr. Dwarf how to handle the situation - because the situation itself is perfectly valid.
    I perfectly understand roleplay, I simply completely disagree with what you said. NOTHING overlaps the 15$/13€ that each one pays for content access, especially not another group of players. It's all about middle ground and respect.

Anyway, already explained my point (several times), so this was my final word. Besides that, we have simply agree to disagree.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2010-08-06 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphna Faldor View Post
    The playing field doesn't have to be equal, that's just a common misconception. If you're playing on a realm with that rule-set; you'll have to accept the consequences of that choice. If you don't like the consequences, don't make the choice.
    I made my choice already, and the choice is that it is not fun, at all. the playing field may not have to be equal but both parties should be able to get on the field before they lose. how would you feel if you were playing football, but the rules were the game is a second long and the other team starts with 49 points? is that fair? no. now picture that for the rest of the season.

playing without the chance to win is not fun for anyone and sooner or later it will be so frustrating that you're gonna quit. i'm not saying take away pvp from pvp servers, just put a frame on the levels at which you can kill someone. for example, if you can get into a battleground with that player, he or she is fair game.