Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by danawhitaker View Post
    Not always. Definitely not always. There are plenty of exceptions to the Tuesday rule. I believe Wrath was one of them.
    It was launched on a Friday. I remember because it was Friday 13th.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're still developing and testing all the stuff. They might run into plenty of unforeseen problems. There's only a release date when Blizzard says, they are the only ones that know.
    It ain't finished til Blizzard says it's finished. Everyone else mentioning a release date is guessing/speculating and anybody's guess is as good as another. TBC was also expected by october by a lot o 'well informed' people but in the end that also ended up being november...

How do people not get that many websites place an estimated date of release when opening pre-orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    not too long ago the date was for late November, they ANNOUNCE when it's the release date,
    gamestop uses placeholders all the time.
    "When the child of the three realms becomes as light, the ancient power will be released. The earth will tremble. The seas will rise up in answer, and all will be madness. A new day will dawn, bringing with it chaos or peace. Our master is a god of chaos! Pandemonium will aid the old one's release! To this end, we will weaken the barrier between Azeroth and the Elemental Plane. This will allow our great master to reclaim its former elemental servants and send them to rampage throughout our world."

Quote Originally Posted by BigGann View Post
    games are always released on a Tuesday.
    Super Mario Galaxy 2 was released on a Sunday, and as others have said, Blizzard games themselves have had other days as launch days.

10+ Year Old Account
    you obviously didn't read the whole thread... it said in there that they put a release date on things to pre-order it legally

Quote Originally Posted by caethelina View Post
    blizzard said today that its was gonna ship Q4 2010, ( oct,nov,dec )
    * shrugs * tahts the only reason i found it suspicous
    Q4 2010 refers to fiscal quarter 2010 which is actually July 1, 2010 - September 30, 2010.

Deleted
    An onlinestore in Sweden, dustinhome.se, has 2/11-10 as releasedate, so I sent them an e-mail and asked if that date was confirmed by Blizzard or if it just was a (qualified) guess. I actually got an answere where they confirmed that they just make up dates...
    Last edited by mmocd8668aa2bb; 2010-08-06 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by n7sh View Post
    Q4 2010 refers to fiscal quarter 2010 which is actually July 1, 2010 - September 30, 2010.
    That sounds promising
    Don't suppose I have to express my excitement for cata - a lot of you guys probably share it!

Oh god not another release date argument thread.

Seem's gamestop is pretty optimistic about its release but i'd probably say with the way the beta is going late november/early december

Props to Rockhorn for the awesome sig!