Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too much rehashing/reviving the dead lore characters. Arthas and the entire lich king/scourge storyline really is not important once we start dealing with the Pantheon. Also, If by some miracle I'm still playing this game after college (unemployment maybe?) I want my last raid that ends in fighting sargeras to be lead up to with some of the most vicious demonic beasts that the burning legion can muster in all its power, not a handful of revived wanna be super villans that I've already farmed years prior.

It's not a total PoS but there's definitely a bit much of "putting it all together" as others have said. I want the story to progress until the end, not suddenly decide that it's the end and we get to do it all again in fast forward, this time surrounded by purple portals!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Just make it more plausible. Iv learned that in this trade, you dont need to be probably (it scores you major points, but not neccisary) be plausible and at the very least you will get "Good read". Its not too good to be off in some fairy tale land where any and every comes back to life regardless of death and time zone, unless its ment to be that.
    What..who? i can explain every single reason for every single person in this and why each thing happens they way it does! Fighting 11 shade bosses? thats not them coming back, remember Trial of the Champion with that priest chick? Algalon? Where is it said he was killed? Last I knew he was Narrating the comic. Kiljaedin? He didn't die. Arthas and Nerzhul? Nerzhul was never killed to begin with, hes kinda like a banshee to that helm and Arthas didn't destroy him, just removed him. And Arthas, it has been posted by Blizzard staff when asked what happen to Arthas and frostmourne, that "know one knows" And the ultimate baddie threatens the world, it doesn't make sense for a lot of good guys to come together and try beat him so they don't die?

I'm sorry DarkSeid(HA) but my story fits in pretty good, and most of the people who have taken the time to read, have said good things. I'm gonna with the majority, rather than the guy who makes up his own fantasy stories that I have seen get criticized a lot. The only difference I know is that i've stated before, this is my fantasy Expansion, where I have seen you argue with people with what you think is fact.
    A good day sir

I read it, and it's nothing but random mishmashes of memes and lorelols. The only thing I thought was interesting wsa making Exodar and Silvermoon hubs for lots of dailies, bringing life to those cities.

10+ Year Old Account
    the whole kil'jaden setback and saurfang cleaving his head off before he can finish thing made me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Though, for future reference, I prefer ACTUAL seals. Baby ones. Delicious, delicious baby seals...I mean, uhh...*smoke bomb*
    There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring, I like to think I cross that line every day of my life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    most of the people who have taken the time to read, have said good things

That just seems plain wrong from what I've read here...

the guy who makes up his own fantasy stories that I have seen get criticized a lot.
    That's what you just did.

Definitely a great read. Sounded REALLY like Oblivion what with the statues of Sargeras and Aman'thul at the end (Dagon and that dragon from oblivion).

It'd be really epic and I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see the world turn all chaotic like that but if that old expansion list is anything to go off of, I think we may just end up venturing to the demon's own planet (firelands) to vanquish KJ and Sargeras.

There were random memes and all in there but that really is blizzard's way of doing things. I'd imagine they would love to add those type of things in the end expansion to allow us all to have something to remember the game by before WoW 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, where the hell are all the Old Gods? Two, Sargeras isnt the one who was supposed to be in Tirisfal Glades Mountains, it was supposed to be an Old God. Three, the Old Gods were the ones that were tethered to Azeroth, and if they were ever killed the world would die, not Sargeras or Aman'thul. Four, the titans, and Aman'thul especially, would never sacrifice themselves to save one of the billions of planets in the universe that harbors life, especially if they could just blow in and in doing so kill all the remaining Old Gods of Azeroth and Sargeras in one blow. The draenei, Orcs, Arokkoa, ogre, gronn, ethereal, and sporeling are all from other planets, and all have free will and conscious thought, which means that Azeroth isn't very special in that respect, so I don't think that the titans would be too heart broken to lose it. Five, if Sargeras ever actually entered the world in his full fledged form, he would not wait around for Algalon and Nozdormu to try and fight, him. He also would not need the powers of the Maelstrom to fight of the invading mortal races, he could easily blow the planet to bights once he got there. Hell even Archimonde had an easy time in the Third War killing of the races that were there, he even had Arthas destroy two nations for him, apparently its not too hard to kill of mortal and even immortal races. The only reason Archimonde lost was because of fell into a very simply placed trap, I feel that the master of the legion would do a better job planning and mounting an assualt on the world tree, not only that but hes like a thousand times more powerful than Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.

All and all though, I think that you had the right idea, but it just didn't work.
    "I intend to live forever."

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Definitely a great read. Sounded REALLY like Oblivion what with the statues of Sargeras and Aman'thul at the end (Dagon and that dragon from oblivion).

It'd be really epic and I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see the world turn all chaotic like that but if that old expansion list is anything to go off of, I think we may just end up venturing to the demon's own planet (firelands) to vanquish KJ and Sargeras.

There were random memes and all in there but that really is blizzard's way of doing things. I'd imagine they would love to add those type of things in the end expansion to allow us all to have something to remember the game by before WoW 2.
    :O I thought the statue idea felt familiar.
    Yeah writing from beginning, i got bored and threw that in, but I have to remember that blizzard is serious and would never put stuff like a shark with lasers, being ridden by a trex who is being ridden by a rockin undead guy in their game or anything like that

And about the whole building up that this is way to much, every expansion has built this up like crazy.
    Vanilla, eh whatever
    BC Illidans forces, a lot of demons, Naru
    Wotlk Arthas Scourge, the Blue dragon flight, Yogg saron and his forces
    Cata Deathwing BlackDragonFlight(myserverbtw) All the Elementals, More Old God(s) and even more of their forces, WotANCIENTS!
    Next expansion? yeah lets follow the trend of how its always been simple and never building up right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed it.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Aegithedas View Post
    First off, where the hell are all the Old Gods? Two, Sargeras isnt the one who was supposed to be in Tirisfal Glades Mountains, it was supposed to be an Old God. Three, the Old Gods were the ones that were tethered to Azeroth, and if they were ever killed the world would die, not Sargeras or Aman'thul. Four, the titans, and Aman'thul especially, would never sacrifice themselves to save one of the billions of planets in the universe that harbors life, especially if they could just blow in and in doing so kill all the remaining Old Gods of Azeroth and Sargeras in one blow. The draenei, Orcs, Arokkoa, ogre, gronn, ethereal, and sporeling are all from other planets, and all have free will and conscious thought, which means that Azeroth isn't very special in that respect, so I don't think that the titans would be too heart broken to lose it. Five, if Sargeras ever actually entered the world in his full fledged form, he would not wait around for Algalon and Nozdormu to try and fight, him. He also would not need the powers of the Maelstrom to fight of the invading mortal races, he could easily blow the planet to bights once he got there. Hell even Archimonde had an easy time in the Third War killing of the races that were there, he even had Arthas destroy two nations for him, apparently its not too hard to kill of mortal and even immortal races. The only reason Archimonde lost was because of fell into a very simply placed trap, I feel that the master of the legion would do a better job planning and mounting an assualt on the world tree, not only that but hes like a thousand times more powerful than Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.

All and all though, I think that you had the right idea, but it just didn't work.
    You didn't get the part where Sargeras was fused with the last Old God and waited to use their own attack against them, and then finally taking the power hes been wanting for so long that hes gone through so much trouble?? Oh and the pantheon that are trying to keep peace in the universe wouldn't sacrifice at least one of them to stop the most powerful being(S) who are bent on destroying/enslaving the universe?
    Ty you for your thoughts, but I think you skimmed my story a lil to much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    Don't quote this 'story'.

Did you run this through a word processor before you pasted it on here by the way? Look at all the spelling errors.

You are also supposed to have separate paragraphs for dialog, it would make it much easier to read.
    This is ACTAULY a post made for hardcore-readers. It contains spelling errors and lack of spaces in between, and you are a obvious casual reader. But dont worry it will be nerfed so casuals can get it too, but for now the end-forum threads is for pros with lawng e-peens only.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentack View Post
    This is ACTAULY a post made for hardcore-readers. It contains spelling errors and lack of spaces in between, and you are a obvious casual reader. But dont worry it will be nerfed so casuals can get it too, but for now the end-forum threads is for pros with lawng e-peens only.
    I..will you....I should have spell checked this, I'm sorry >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kampfer View Post
    You didn't get the part where Sargeras was fused with the last Old God and waited to use their own attack against them, and then finally taking the power hes been wanting for so long that hes gone through so much trouble?? Oh and the pantheon that are trying to keep peace in the universe wouldn't sacrifice at least one of them to stop the most powerful being(S) who are bent on destroying/enslaving the universe?
    Ty you for your thoughts, but I think you skimmed my story a lil to much
    Aman'thul the Highfather, arguably the most powerful entity in the universe would never sacrifice himself for Azeroth, the Titans have so many other means by which they would destroy the world without forcing Aman'thul to kill himself, it's insane. They are the most powerful and the most intelligent being the universe, I do not buy it for a minute.
    As for the part about the Old Gods I must have missed some how, thought I read it through pretty well. Everything else besides my first point still stands.
    "I intend to live forever."

Just wanted to add a little prelude to the story. I added this as 'deathwing death quote' to the thread.

You weaken him to about 85% and he says: FOOLS, DO YOU BELIEVE YOU CAN MATCH THE MIGHT OF THE EARTHWARDER! THE ELEMENTS WILL CONSUME YOU!

This is followed by Alextrasza flying in out of nowhere: "Deathwing, listen to me brother, let go of this madness. Remember you duty to this world. Let not the heralds of creation know of your transgression and return to us once more. We are a dying breed and the world burns under the weight of a thousand screaming suns."

Deathwing: Sister! Come to save me from madness have you? Milennia of lies and deceit to control me, turn me against myself. The masters have laid out my path before me.

You do not understand, you have never understood. Not even that fool Nozdormu knows what will become of our world.

I was given the sacred duty to protect this land! I WAS FORMED FROM THE SECRETS OF THIS LAND TO GUARD IT!

Your heralds of creation created only a lie. Those whom they sought to destroy they only contained; not from their ever lasting mercy but because of their deep-seated fear for a power far beyond their understanding.

And they fled the world. Cowered from beings they could understand. Mysteries they could not fathom. They are plotting, they wish to see this world burn and my masters are the only truth in a world filled with lies.

Alextrasza: You have followed in the footsteps of Malygos. Your brother sought truth in insanity and was found wanting. He paid for his insolence dearly. HEROES, I WILL HELP YOU BRING AND END TO NALTHARION. MY BROTHER'S REIGN OF CHAOS MUST COME TO AN END BEFORE HE BREAKS THE WORLD ASUNDER!.

Naltharion: MALYGOS?! BROTHER, NO! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ALEXTRASZA? SLAIN THOSE WHO WERE SWORN TO PROTECT OUR WORLD?! Insane you call me, yet it is you who has given into the madness.

Your so-called creators have blinded you. They created you only to remain as a watch over that which they fear, not to protect the supposed mortal races of this damned earth.

You believe the Dark One to be the only of those who has fallen? Sargeras' descent into darkness was only the slightest hint of the titan's true nature. You will see first hand what has become of the pantheon in their seats of power. They have set their eyes to return to this world and destroy that which is indestructible. You will see very soon.

*Heroes of the Horde and Alliance join the battle*

Naltharion: You have them all convinced...its as if they believe that with you lies their salvation. Yet they will see. Whether I live or die it matters not. The masters will never fail, never falter, and you precious titans will see their rule at an end.

BTW, stop promoting your story as if its seated in reality. Even if its based off of event etc. and seems to be REALLY EPIC, its nowhere close to what will probably end up happening. I've got a feeling we won't even see sargeras until WoW 2 or warcraft IV and end of WoW will probably just be the killing of Kil'jaeden (he's actually in the position to take over the burning legion thereby replacing sargeras entirely for the moment).
    Last edited by Flaks; 2010-08-06 at 06:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Aegithedas View Post
    Aman'thul the Highfather, arguably the most powerful entity in the universe would never sacrifice himself for Azeroth, the Titans have so many other means by which they would destroy the world without forcing Aman'thul to kill himself, it's insane. They are the most powerful and the most intelligent being the universe, I do not buy it for a minute.
    As for the part about the Old Gods I must have missed some how, thought I read it through pretty well. Everything else besides my first point still stand.
    I've always thought he would be pretty high up their as the strongest, but the last Old god fused with Sargeras plus the power of the well of Eternity that he still wants or wouldn't be coming here and the fact that both are hell bent on destroying the universe. Also that the Pantheon got wrecked in its own attack that they reversed. At this point Aman'thul the strongest being that wants to uphold order, is a lil weakened by the pantheons attack backfiring. With that I think his only option is to sacrifice himself to save the Universe, which fits his character, even more so that this is his brother, who I'm sure he feels responsible for.

And this world is important, so important that they would let the Old gods live, just to keep it safe, so much that they would put so much work into and creating creatures that are on par with titans(Galakrand the exception is possibly the strongest known being) and create the Well of Eternity on this planet, something the former Champion of the Pantheon would risk his life for.

In the end I actually tried to put what Blizzard I think just threw out there and said "thats the lore" and tried to make it work.

But I gotta crash for work in the morning, pls everyone tell me what you think, I already got the memo that it was not really well written, though I couldn't find any typos besides names and things like "lol"

---------- Post added 2010-08-06 at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Just wanted to add a little prelude to the story. I added this as 'deathwing death quote' to the thread.

BTW, stop promoting your story as if its seated in reality. Even if its based off of event etc. and seems to be REALLY EPIC, its nowhere close to what will probably end up happening. I've got a feeling we won't even see sargeras until WoW 2 or warcraft IV and end of WoW will probably just be the killing of Kil'jaeden (he's actually in the position to take over the burning legion thereby replacing sargeras entirely for the moment).
    I thought that deathwing script was great but this right here is called a contradiction
    Oh and the thread is about what I want to and think what should happen, not what i think will happen. Never once did I say this is fact and this is what you should all think