Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hah dang bro, yeah i agree with everyone else here, a good new computer build would be awesome. I don't know if its glare but is there dust on the fan above the CPU? There are some people here who have posted some threads on building a new computer for WoW when cAtaclysm comes out. Check out those threads, they even link the parts they are buying, they are trying to make a good affordable efficient PC. Good Luck.

Honestly, with $600 you can get a pretty decent computer with either dell or HP. The one thing I would do is make sure to buy a different video card, but DON'T buy the upgrade from whoever you buy it from, its usually a waste of money.

Wow really that bad huh?
    So even the case is obsolete?
    I think i should continue to save up , and instead of spending a fair amount of money for a reasonable computer, spend that little extra to actually get something worth playing on..? what do you guys recon?

The case will work as in the screw holes are still in the same place but it doesn't look to have enough airflow for modern components.

The drives will work but they are ultra old tech and slow as balls.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

Quote Originally Posted by Moobious View Post
    The case will work as in the screw holes are still in the same place but it doesn't look to have enough airflow for modern components.

The drives will work but they are ultra old tech and slow as balls.
    Okay guys well, i think il just keep on saving up , in order to buy a nice computer.. i really appreciate everyones help and if anyone lives in nz, or is going to play on frostmourne let me know!!!
    once i find a computer spec that i am considering buying, i will let you guys know!! because i basically wont do anything with out your go ahead haha..

Anyways i have a 4 hour exam for inverterbrates in a day or so lol.. so i better resume studying.. Thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by pangeltveit View Post
    Exam in the middle of the summer?
    Its not summer for me in New Zealand, well not yet anyways.. so yea haha exam is tomorrow , not looking forward to it..

Also just found this on trademe

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
    4 GB G Skill DDR 2 PC-6400
    ASUS P5B Deluxe Motherboard
    ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 1GB
    Two 250 GB Sata II Harddrives
    650w Thermaltake Toughpower Power Supply
    NZXT Case
    Windows Vista

its at $485 at the moment..
    Is this anygood or should i hold out?
    Last edited by Damo; 2010-08-10 at 10:03 PM.

Have you seen any Hobbits running around? My friend now lives in NZ, we used to go to the same bible college for a while. Good luck with your build?

Quote Originally Posted by shaddrak View Post
    Have you seen any Hobbits running around? My friend now lives in NZ, we used to go to the same bible college for a while. Good luck with your build?
    haha nah no hobbits i used to live in the town where "the shire" was filmed though haha.. and thanks, at the moment im not doing the best haha , i really dont know much about them and its hard to save up for one if you know what i mean