Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrgnDancer View Post
    At a guess, Undercity is being sufficiently redesigned that it ceases to make any kind of sense. They could phase it of course, but it would be really jarring running through "Old Undercity" just for the one questline. Anyone in beta that can verify if UC looks a lot different?
    The undercity during the Wrathgate quest is the same as the one you run around in normally. The only difference is that npc´s and objects are phased. The physical location of the zone and your character are the exact same ones as when you are in the ´normal´ Undercity.

So if they change anything in Undercity, you will most likely see this in the Wrathgate version as well since it´s the same place anyway. I say ´most likely´ because come Cataclysm, Blizzard is able to phase terrain as well, meaning that technically one phase could look entirely different from another, but that´s probably not how Blizzard intends to use it
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jay Leno Mini pet. Southern Barrens seems like it will have a lot more to do and gets lower level players more involved with the horde vs alliance war.

Quote Originally Posted by Civfanata View Post
    I await the weeks of blue "spam" over say mages and warlocks. Shall we complain then that there is no love for warriors and pallys?

Maybe they see the need to do warriors and pallys as they are two tank classes and once they are hammered out they can dare I say balance the dps around their CDs and tanking abilities? And we get the extra dps/healer flavors because they can do those roles too?

Patience they will be coming.
    This. There's no point in trying to balance all four tanking classes at once whilst tank design as a whole is in flux, so it makes sense they're hammering out their plan (less passive, thoughtless threat/AOE), see how it plays out, and then moving on to the next batch of classes. Everyone will get their love, people need to quit it with the paranoia.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Awesome! Hugz tiem!

It really doesn't matter which classes they focus on initially -- people will cry and piss and moan if one of them isn't their class. 8)

Do I want to see more on Shaman and Rogues? Of course! But they are focused on Paladins and Warriors, as has been mentioned probably due to tanking and how it affects everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised to see them focus next on Druid and DKs to tune their tank functionality, and then move on to Healing classes.

That's how I'd do it anyway.

TL;DR: They need to do every class; it will take time, and they don't have unlimited resources to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by zazazazazaza View Post
    " It could be the Collector's Edition pet but at this point there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the game files to confirm that."
    You shouldn't need game files to tell you, because it's common sense. They like to do mini dragons as CE pets, and Deathwing is the big bad, so of course it's going to be mini Deathwing. It was easy to guess before we even knew there was a mini Deathwing model.

Here's the thing I see coming across from the pally boards though

Player: "Waaahhhh Blizz we're too easy to play, all we do is smash buttons that aren't on CD"

Blizz: "Ok, we'll make them more complex" Introduces new resource system

Player: "F you blizz you're making them too hard"

Seems no matter what blizz throws out people will never be satisfied.

On another note, about the UC questline, considering how the quests in UC and surrounding areas at 1-60 take place post Varimathras' defeat and Lich King's death, I can actually see why it was taken out. Even though I myself wonder how they're going to work that out chronologically wise with Deathwing...now go back in time and stop Illidan's and LK's forces, now come back and finish the job against Deathwing, I don't see how they could do a "Oh yeah, btw a guy that died 2 years ago is back and trying to take over Undercity"

And please no "was merely a setback" moments again blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by pomr View Post
    It really doesn't matter which classes they focus on initially -- people will cry and piss and moan if one of them isn't their class. 8)
    Is this initially? Since we're over a month into the beta and still only covering two classes, that would mean we got 4+ months of the beta left. What a disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg omg omg IT'S SO FUCKING CUUUUTE I WANT ONE I WANT*explodes*

Great. Just great. Now I'm going to have perverted thoughts about BQL every time I fight her!

Any1 else remember when a very similar pet was shown on these forums as a photoshopped version of the Onyxia Whelp? they look too similar if memory serves me right.....

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the Jay Leno of pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    Is this initially? Since we're over a month into the beta and still only covering two classes, that would mean we got 4+ months of the beta left. What a disappointment.
    I expect that things will move faster once they get the really hard to balance and complex healing/tanking classes done. The scope of the changes they're making are immense. Just hang in there, they're making progress!
    The wages of sin ARE death, but after taxes it is more of a tired feeling really.

I have to say It really saddens me that Blizzard is removing one of the most awesome quests in the game. I've done Battle for the Undercity several times and just love it. I was really looking forward to taking my new characters I'll role in Cataclsym through it.

Deleted
    More importantly is warrior and paladin the only class in cataclysm because the amount of effort they put in those two classes is starting to get ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoRaven View Post
    I have to say It really saddens me that Blizzard is removing one of the most awesome quests in the game. I've done Battle for the Undercity several times and just love it. I was really looking forward to taking my new characters I'll role in Cataclsym through it.
    Calling it a Quest is a bit generous, though I suppose one of the breadcrumb thingies is just as dull, though at least they're done quicker. It is at best a spectator event, seriously - what's to love about it? You get to wait forever and a day for the thing to start, if it doesn't bug on you, and then you get some buffs that essentially make you unkillable while the NPCs do all the stuff that has effects. You don't actually have any impact on the events that transpire. Might as well be another cutscene.

Boring. Boring. BORING.

I love that they're getting rid of it. <3
    The wages of sin ARE death, but after taxes it is more of a tired feeling really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I MUST HAVE IT. IT MUST BE MINE!

... also. The reason there's so much Paladin and Warrior talk?

They QQ the loudest. :3

Oh come on. The Pet is a disgrace

I think it will be like this:
    You will no longer be able to get any pet in game or with collector's edition. Instead, you will have to buy them off the pet store. Including Mini Deathchin.

... :P

It's obviously the real final raid boss