Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    No it doesn't. What spec was your dk?

Anyways, a feral is a bit more complicated to play, but it's a complete other style of play. What i like about ferals is that you don't need to press a button because of some proc. Feral's do have alot selfdamage buffs they need to keep up on their target, and that's waht makes their rotation difficult.

How far are you with leveling anyways?
    I like your sig

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    You do want to press shred when ooc procs :P
    Damnit, got me there, although a feral mainly presses the shred-button to get his cp's up .

OT, i don't see why you shouldn't try it at least. And besides, kitty's are awsome awsome when you master their rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smileyfacial View Post
    I like your sig
    Thank you
    Last edited by Condemner; 2010-08-06 at 09:25 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jitzul View Post
    hi druid community my main is a 80 dk and my dps is slightly below average. and i am leveling a feral druid. my question is i am bad at dk dps does that mean am i guaranteed to suck at feral dps.
    Feral dps is rather easy to be honest. You'll be fine.

my average dps in icc lately on deathbringer was abouth 6k for my gear its bad my spec is frost
    Tip, Obliterate more. ??? Profit.

We only have 1 guy in our guild that has stuck with his DK and he literally has a 1 button macro for trash and 1 for bosses. It may have taken him awhile to perfect the art and sort the macro out, but i can't see how DK DPS can be compared to Feral DPS in any way, shape or form.

If you really can't keep up with DK dps then i seriously doubt that you'll do any better with Feral DPS.

shit
    Just practice.
    or wait till cata, things should be easier.
    "Why are you wearing that stupid Man suit?"

10+ Year Old Account
    pulled 17.2k dps on Deathbringer this week with my druid (cat) only got 4 277 items, eveyrthing else 264

druid does have rotation, but only an opening rotation after that its all about priorities, managing procs and combo points, watching timers, NOT CLIPPING, and theres much more.

anyway, any druid can DPS by watching timers and just keeping SR+dots up, its not that hard, hard part starts is when u include FB in your dps to maximise it, this separates masters from newbs.

lvl your druid, learn it, u will not regret it, feral dps is like the only most fun thing left in WoW.

EDIT: in cata our dps wont get easier believe me, faster energy regen, faster dots, meaning more things to watch out, more FBs, more shreds, and so on...
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Condemner View Post
    No it doesn't. What spec was your dk?

Anyways, a feral is a bit more complicated to play, but it's a complete other style of play. What i like about ferals is that you don't need to press a button because of some proc. Feral's do have alot selfdamage buffs they need to keep up on their target, and that's waht makes their rotation difficult.

How far are you with leveling anyways?
    Shred when occ proc?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    anyway, any druid can DPS by watching timers and just keeping SR+dots up, its not that hard, hard part starts is when u include FB in your dps to maximise it, this separates masters from newbs.

lvl your druid, learn it, u will not regret it, feral dps is like the only most fun thing left in WoW.
    Pretty much what I tell everyone. Playing a Druid as long as I have -- It's pretty mindless. Once you start throwing in those FBs for maximizing things, it gets a little more interesting.

But, other than Affliction Warlock -- It's the only fun DPS left in the game, and I think I only have fun with Affliction Warlock DPS because it reminds me of watching more bleed timers + focusing on mixing my rotation up depending on Nightfall procs / adds / etc.

Death Knights can also become interesting when you start trying to push in as many GCDs as possible before diseases wear off along with a few Rime procs here and there. Overall though, DKs feel much more flexible than Druids -- And you get a lot more from a single button push on a DK compared to a Druid.

Druid is about building up & then maintaining trying to throw in a few tricks from time to time to make it even better -- The difference between 2 CP points & 1 CP from an opening Mangle can change an entire fight for you. It's amazing.

If you were bad as a DK you will probably be bad at everything except maybe a mutilate rogue.

my average dps in icc lately on deathbringer was abouth 6k for my gear its bad my spec is frost
    so 6k - 35% = ??. 4k atmost?

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight DPS is the easiest melee DPS in the game so if you suck at DK DPS, you suck at all melee classes. I suggest doing one of the easier caster classes. Though, I haven't leveled a Warrior so I don't know about them compared to the other melee classes. Mages are pretty easy and they come with free food and portals.

Feral is by far one of if not the hardest dps class to play. My question would be why is you DK dps low. If you are frost, are you using slow or fast one handers? You should be using as slow of one handed axes as u can (assuming horde orc). I would take some time away from leveling and read forums on dk dps and ask for advice much like our ask Mihir thread. It is much better to learn the class you have than give up and try a different one imo.

hi druid community my main is a 80 dk and my dps is slightly below average. and i am leveling a feral druid. my question is i am bad at dk dps does that mean am i guaranteed to suck at feral dps.
    Depends, I suck at DK dps but that is because I don't like DKs but am I would say pretty decent at feral DPS. I run about 10.5 - 11K in ICC now with the 30% buff, so not amazing but it ain't total crap either.

If it is just the mechanics of rotation that give you issues then feral DPS will be difficult. If the DK just doesn't click with you, then you can still be good at feral DPS. Feral will be easier in Cata but still more difficult than a DK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naivedo View Post
    Death Knight DPS is the easiest melee DPS in the game so if you suck at DK DPS, you suck at all melee classes.
    I have to disagree slightly with that comment. For me I found ret pallies to be an easier melee class to play than anything else. all it is is a "First Come, First Serve" system with a slight implementation of a priority system.

But overall, I found kitty druid to be more complicated since one has to keep track of six different buffs/debuffs/procs. The closest "priority system" that comes close is survival hunters.

this really really really smells like a troll to me!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

To answer your question, yes most likely. But just read up on a kitty guide and you'll probably do fine!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    After 6 years, we've finally collected enough of their scales to have a full set of Murloc scaled armor.

No. Feral and dk is really far apart, and feral is not as hard as people say.

When I read the title, I was assuming the OP is frost.
    Frost is pretty unforgiving, but once you get the hang of it and when to use what, it's not too bad.
    Same for kitty, once the above is true.
    If the rune/runic power system is too much for you, kitty DPS with the bleeds and SR upkeep might be too much to handle.
    If all else fails, play a mut rogue, arcane mage, or mm hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Naivedo View Post
    Death Knight DPS is the easiest melee DPS in the game so if you suck at DK DPS, you suck at all melee classes. I suggest doing one of the easier caster classes. Though, I haven't leveled a Warrior so I don't know about them compared to the other melee classes. Mages are pretty easy and they come with free food and portals.
    you have no clue