10+ Year Old Account

Bears and Weapons

2 questions about weapons for bears:

Does weapon speed and dps figure into feral AP and attack speed?

Do chance on hit weapons proc while shifted (ie chance on hit sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy yada yada yada....)?

thanks
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post

Do chance on hit weapons proc while shifted (ie chance on hit sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy yada yada yada....)?

thanks
    Weapon speed/damage does nothing in cat/bear
    Feral AP is where you get your damage from (And agi/str/ap/crit/haste/arp/hit ofc)

I believe chance on hit works. My buddy uses a simple fiery chant on his weapon while ranking low level as a bear. Procs all the time on swipe.

Deleted
    Weapon speed dosn't matter. We get 2.5 (bear) and 1.00 (cat) anyways (without counting buffs and haste).

Chance on hit enchants works mongoose, berserking, fiery wep, executioner and such works

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post

Do chance on hit weapons proc while shifted (ie chance on hit sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy yada yada yada....)?thanks
    Weapon speed does nothing while in forms. Feral AP is calculated from the weapons dps. The calculation is something like (dps - 54,8) x 14 if I remember correctly. (and only works when weapons exceeds 54,8 dps.

Chance on hit can proc in forms. Both from weapon and trinkets ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify when I ask about chance on hit im referring to the odd procs on a lot of old school blue maces and polearms...ie stuns an enemy for 3 sec, sends a fiery, shadowy bolt etc... not weapon enchants.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Just for the lulz

As a druid, you get an additional item description when you hover over a weapon. It'll display the usual stats, then an addition FAP (Feral Attack Power).

Typically goes up in increments similar to the Ilvl of a weapon, like

Ilvl 200 = 1800 FAP
    Ilvl 232 = 2400 FAP
    Ilvl 251 = slightly under 3000 FAP
    Ilvl 277 = 4000 FAP

You get my point, they typically ignore the swing speak and DPS and just assign a fixed amount. Its a stat stick. The bonus stats (Crit, Hit, Exp) all add up as usual, just as you'd expect on any other class.

Procs - They should all proc whilst in Bear / Cat form. I know for sure that all the ones that was released in WoTLK do, (thunderstrike from Ony for instance). But i did read somewhere that some of the early weapon designs cause you to pop of of form. Think its a case of testing each one really