How do you do your Heroic LK valks?

I know a lot of guilds bring a few warlocks (sometimes my guild has 4 in the raid) and get them to try to be the grab target by standing off center or closer to an edge, and it does work on occasion, maybe once every couple attempts. However, it is unreliable.

When we do valks, we HoJ first Valk, Hoj 2nd Valk as it lands, and when 3rd valk picks up, first valks stun is pretty much over and by that point we Holy Wrath, then Holy Wrath again. However, this doesn't seem like long enough time. We try using Earthbind on LK, we try frost traps half way out, and we also use DK with desecration... but it just doesn't seem like long enough time. Statistically with DR's we get 8.25 seconds using HoJ>HW>HW... and from my looks at paragons videos, their first target stays stunned for like 15 seconds in place without moving.... they get like 30 seconds of DPS time in on their 0% buff kill which is completely insane, at max we get like 15 seconds of DPS time in on them. We also have a problem of multiple people from one target getting picked up, which significally reduces damage on one valk, and we almost always get one person dropped off. Sadly, we get one valk to like 25%, another 30%, and the last one that drops person is at like 55%.... id just like to know if anyone got any other secrets or tips...

Id like to say we dont use 3 HoJ's cause we almost always have at least 1 paladin getting picked up, and we only have 2 HoJ's that can be used on every valk, from us holy paladins. We use paladin tank, 2 dps paladin, and 2 holy paladin generally. If not picked up, 2 Holy Paladins HoJ, if one holy paladin is, a ret paladin gets the HoJ. The reason we dont do 3 is because when the 3rd valk comes down, we have 2 crutch stuns with a 3rd used if absolutely required.

TLDR: What stun order do you use every valk, is it reliable, how to you ensure each valk gets stunned, and what % do you call swaps or when do you switch, how many dps do you set as floating cleave, how many as single target, or do you set the raid as an aoe.

From behind...

No really, how we do it is we stack behind the Lich King, all of us, so they go a certain direction. Usually we set focuses, and get dks to do chains of ice, spriests mind flay, rogues stun, all kinds of stuff....

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

can you confirm chains of ice works? and cheapshot effective?

Chains of ice works. Cheap shot works; a rogue will have to vanish to use it of course. HC LK can be pretty damn RNG-based, so hoping warlocks get picked up is definitely a part of that.

Oh also, overheard in my guild:
    "I'm going to have nightmares of my family being carried away by Val'kyrs."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agamand View Post
    can you confirm chains of ice works? and cheapshot effective?
    Cheapshot requires vanish to be used (breaks on a number of things, so tricky to use), Kidney shot has a build up time & DPS loss, that IMO is too grave.

Chains of Ice works, it's a 50% slow for the entire duration

What we do:

1. Divide room in 4 pie-slices
    2. Tank LK 10y out of the centre in slice 1,
    3. Stand between the centre & the LK
    4. Pick-up time = 2x HoJ stun from holy paladins that talented it & 1x stun from the OT (or MT if OT get's picked up)
    5. Have up max slows, including a hunter trap & desecration, 1 single target slow assigned to each valk
    6. Spread if Defile & DPS
    7. Shockwave (or HW ifyou have no prot warrior)
    8. (another) Holy Wrath (that's stun #3)
    9. Kill & move to the next Pie-Slice...
    Back to step 2, rinse & repeat

Special Note;
    #1 - Our warlocks just stand in pie slice #4 (we don't use that one, we go 1>2>3>1>2>3), with Demonic Portal up 25y~ from the edge, if they get dropped they just port, also less dangerous for defiles.
    #2 - When Defile is inc, we all get rdy to move... then the target drops Defile north-bound (on the minimap) & raid moves south-bound (on the minimap, to the throne)
    #3 - We have rogues back up stunning the primary stun (when they land), building up quick 5CP and stunning
    #4 - Longest effective stun time, while maintaining DPS = Hammer of Justice x3 > Shockwave > Holy Wrath, totalling in almost 10s stun on the valks

Something very few know is that Seal of justice is off the normal stun DR, having a paladin offtank with the talent which makes it last 3 seconds gives you antoher 4.5 second extra stun

So basicly our stun order = 3 hammer of justice's > holy wrath > seal of justiceX2

Also dont assign people per valkyr, just hug up everyone on eachother and cleave the fuck out of them, defile will take loads of wipes practice to handle that way when they both come right after eachother but this is the best and near only way to do it
    Last edited by Kenjji; 2010-08-06 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjji View Post
    Something very few know is that Seal of justice is off the normal stun DR, having a paladin offtank with the talent which makes it last 3 seconds gives you antoher 4.5 second extra stun

So basicly our stun order = 3 hammer of justice's > holy wrath > seal of justiceX2

Also dont assign people per valkyr, just hug up everyone on eachother and cleave the fuck out of them, defile will take loads of wipes practice to handle that way when they both come right after eachother but this is the best and near only way to do it
    So you simply wait for last Holy wrath to finish? or do you just Seal of Justice randomly???

ofcourse we dont overlap holy wrath with justice, you want to get the max out of it, i've only dont it on the rare occasion where our ot got grabbed or got an unlucky defile right before he had to use justice, but since hes also the one using holy wrath on them he knows perfectly when it's gone and starts using justice on them

This is something my guild is having a great deal of trouble with as well. I believe the only time we've ever made it past the 2nd set of Valks (the one that comes at the same time as Defile) was when I (a warlock standing on the edge next to my portal) got the Defile, which was the complete opposite direction from where the Valkyrs went.

I'm still looking for the perfect slow/stun setup, and how do handle that defile that comes at the same time as the valkyrs. If anyone from a guild that's downed 25H LK has any input, it'd be really appreciated.

gaypile + cleave

Seriously though, it all comes down to a dedicated stunner for every Valkyr and having "replacements" ready if said stunner is picked up.
    Last edited by Grimsdott; 2010-08-10 at 12:00 AM.

credits: Supernerd