Need help with really cool addon

yeah so after browsing many addon and forum sites, I still could not find an addon or macros that would play maybe the Sounds of LK wispering you short phrases or something back from the Corrupted Ashbringer. m looking for something that would play a non-spammy(like and internal CD kind of thing), that would play a sound file or script each time a proc activates, I.E. a trinket or a talent. What do you think? Heres what i did find. Btw this is for a DK class.

curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/shotproc
    wowinterface.com/downloads/info10715-ServantofArthas
    wowwiki.com/Corrupted_Ashbringer

By short phrases i mean like "Kill them All" when lets say I activate Unbreakable Armor, and "Death to the Living!" for lets say Army of the Dead, and "Made to Serve" on killing machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can find out how to add the sounds to the Power Auras Classic sound list, i think you would have that effect if you make such aura for those buffs

There is a huge list of all the NPC sounds in a text document, find the line and make a macro for it? I have "BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM" macrod in with my bladestorm.

#showtooltip Bladestorm
    /run PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\LordMarrowgar\\IC_Marrowgar_WW01.wav")
    /cast Bladestorm
    Last edited by dakoeda; 2010-08-06 at 11:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Where is this text document?, and I mean can you put an internal CD into that too, so like if i accidentally hit the bladestorm key 2ce or like 20 times when im raging, that would not overlap the sounds?

Edit: All I'm finding are scripts to play the sounds ingame, what directory would I actually find the sounds themselves? I'm pretty sure all the sounds are on the blizzard servers
    Last edited by Splitz; 2010-08-06 at 11:38 PM.

There are pages listing many bosses, and their associated sound scripts on wowwiki.
    Though it was certainly lacking somewhat on a few of the ICC ones, even now.
    An addon, AudioX II provides the ability to search for those sounds by keywords, and I "think", it can allow you to copy and paste those paths too.

Alright, well i found the sounds I was lookin for, but is there an addon that I could link the sound files to that would play 1 of lets say 4 or 5 sounds randomly every so often (x value in seconds or minutes) when a proc like killing machine procs? I don't want this to spam every time the talent is activated, just like I said make an internal CD for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Splitz View Post
    Where is this text document?, and I mean can you put an internal CD into that too, so like if i accidentally hit the bladestorm key 2ce or like 20 times when im raging, that would not overlap the sounds?

Edit: All I'm finding are scripts to play the sounds ingame, what directory would I actually find the sounds themselves? I'm pretty sure all the sounds are on the blizzard servers
    Do some searching on google, cant remember where I found it.

Eh, it does play itself each time you press it, dont think there is a way to stop that
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

if you are looking for something addony to do this you could try this code.
    Code:
    local f = CreateFrame("Frame") 
    local spellsoundcooldown = 0
    f:RegisterEvent("COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED") 
    f:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self,event,...) 
    local arg = {...} 
    local sounds = {"Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\DMF_L70ETC01.mp3"}
    local spells = {"Water Shield","Water Walking"}
     for i,v in ipairs(spells) do
      if (arg[3] == UnitGUID("player")) and (arg[10] == v) and (arg[2] == "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED" or arg[2] == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS") then
       if spellsoundcooldown < GetTime() then
        PlaySoundFile(sounds[random(1,#sounds)]) 
        spellsoundcooldown = GetTime()+30
       end
      end
     end
    end)
    just edit the line
    Code:
    local spells = {"Heroism"}
    you can add things like thise
    Code:
    local sounds = {"Sound\\Music\\ZoneMusic\\DMF_L70ETC01.mp3","sound path"}
    local spells = {"Heroism","spell/aura name"}
    hope this helps

if you need help figuring out how to make this run as an addon click here for a great guide here on the forums
    Last edited by Dwing; 2010-08-07 at 02:16 AM.

If you found the actual sounds that you want to play during a spell, put in this line and it will make sure to only play the spell once, and if the skill is on cooldown it will not play.

Example:
    #showtooltip
    /run local c="Starfall";if GetSpellCooldown(c)==0 then PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\AlgalonTheObserver \\UR_Algalon_Adds01.wav") end;
    /cast Starfall
    Add in your spell and the file path of the sound.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

[QUOTE=Dwing;8531613]if you are looking for something addony to do this you could try this code.
    Code:
    local arg = {...} 
      if (arg[3] == UnitGUID("player")) and (arg[10] == v) and (arg[2] == "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED" or arg[2] == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS") then
       end
      end
     end
    end)
    just edit the line
    Code:
    local spells = {"Heroism"}
    you can add things like thise
    Code:
    local spells = {"Heroism","spell/aura name"}
    hope this helps

Alright, I got the thing that i was looking for working =], hats off to you my friend. One question came up, how could I modify the code so It would play 4 Sounds for 1 spell at random, different sound each time? Also how do I modify the timer at which the music/sound would be played on the proc, because i want to make it not spam at me every 10 secs, because my Killing Machine procs alot. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dwing View Post
    Code:
    local arg = {...} 
       end
      end
     end
    end)
    DUUUDE this one look like a gun with DOUBLE SCOPE .... DOUBLE SCOPE !! WHAT DOES IT MEAN ??

Basically it means you are spamming. Enjoy your 3 day vacation.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2010-08-07 at 07:26 AM.

Alright, I got the thing that i was looking for working =], hats off to you my friend. One question came up, how could I modify the code so It would play 4 Sounds for 1 spell at random, different sound each time? Also how do I modify the timer at which the music/sound would be played on the proc, because i want to make it not spam at me every 10 secs, because my Killing Machine procs alot. Thanks
    basically any spell matching a string found in this table
    Code:
    will cause a random sound from this table
    Code:
    to play and there will be a cooldown controlled by this line
    Code:
    if you wish to change the cooldown, change the 30 to w/e you want in seconds

So, put the appropriate spells and sounds in the table as comma separated strings. fell free to delete the ones I have in there, they were just there to make sure this worked with my shammy before posting.
    Last edited by Dwing; 2010-08-07 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    I'd actually optimize your code a bit:
    Code:
    local spells = {"Water Shield"=true,"Water Walking"=true}
        self.pguid = self.pguid or (UnitGUID("player"))
        local arg = {...} 
        if (arg[3] == self.pguid) and (spells[arg[10]]) and (arg[2] == "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED" or arg[2] == "SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS") then
            if spellsoundcooldown <= GetTime() then
            end
        end
    end)

I'd actually optimize your code a bit:
    ya, good catches

Algalons "The stars come to my aid" whenever I pop my starfall xD It just seems so fitting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    If you can find out how to add the sounds to the Power Auras Classic sound list, i think you would have that effect if you make such aura for those buffs
    ^^This is the easiest way to do it for sure systematically for more than one proc. Power Auras is amazing.

Alright, thanks, I just added the code multiple times to my .Lua file, and it seems to work for different spells and procs, just have to mess around with cd timers and the exact sound files that I will be using. Cheers to all of you who helped! Ill be on my way to a great addon =]

I like Sound Event Handler, its pretty simple to use works with wav and mp3 I put some DBZ sounds when I use abilities and get buffs and beyblade theme whenever I use bladestorm.