Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    For the love of god, this.
    How is this even slightly relevant?

So our faction has more people who like to believe its the most righteous force in the game, at the very least they're half right. The current Alliance is the more stereotypically honourable faction, the gap isn't large in many places but there is no Alliance leader on the level of Sylvanas and I highly doubt there ever will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraluin View Post
    stop living in the past and try to make the future better. do you do that by killing millions of innocents i sak you?
    Tell that to the Forsaken, what did Gilneas ever do wrong to them?
    When Sylvanas is rotting under her grave, we can talk about forgiving and forgetting.
    Last edited by Lyvefire; 2010-08-09 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraluin View Post
    varian is the one that is blind and wont see that the horde isn't evil anymore. but of course he wants revenge for something that happened before he was even born.
    He watched his Father die. And was then there as SW was overrun by the horde...

I like Jaina very much. I think she's awesome and sexy, but she needs to drop a bit of that whiny "sexy dumb blonde" attitude or rather, kick some major ass while maintaining this attitude for good contrast. So yeah I'm hoping to see her in Cata. Alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    I like Jaina very much. I think she's awesome and sexy, but she needs to drop a bit of that whiny "sexy dumb blonde" attitude or rather, kick some major ass while maintaining this attitude for good contrast. So yeah I'm hoping to see her in Cata. Alot.
    This ^^ . Apart from the sexy part, I'm dissapointed in the new model :P

They better not kill her. I <3 her!

I don't get why everyone is so insistent to believe that Varian is out to kill every orc, troll, tauren, and Forsaken. He hasn't done anything of the sort to even warrant that he'd do something like that. If he did he wouldn't have let Saurfang go at the Ice Citadel raid. All he said at battle for the Undercity is he'd like to disband the Horde and remove trash like Putress who has been given a position of power in the Horde from power. No where does he say he's out to commit genocide. Similar to Garrosh, even though he's a facist orc, his "you are dismissed" event shows that he wants the Horde to come out on top but isn't out to kill every Alliance race in Azeroth. Though we don't know the intentions of his allies though. So I think by now we can stop insinuating that Varian and Garrosh are anything like Hitler.

As for Jaina, she needs to man up. The Horde killed her brother and her father and now Garrosh and Sylvannas are out to take her land. She even saw the Apothecarium in the Undercity showing what the Forsaken have been up to while the Alliance wasn't looking. The only leg she's been standing on was Thrall being Warchief could hold it together but of course in Cata everyone could see that he couldn't. Hell Thrall himself even says that he could barely hold the Horde together way back at the Wrathgate. If she hasn't manned up by this expansion then Blizz needs to stop shoving this Patty Hurst down everyone in the Alliance's throat as a respectable leader. No thank you Blizz, I'm not buying any Stolkholm Syndrome today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
    I don't get why everyone is so insistent to believe that Varian is out to kill every orc, troll, tauren, and Forsaken. He hasn't done anything of the sort to even warrant that he'd do something like that. If he did he wouldn't have let Saurfang go at the Ice Citadel raid. All he said at battle for the Undercity is he'd like to disband the Horde and remove trash like Putress who has been given a position of power in the Horde from power. No where does he say he's out to commit genocide. Similar to Garrosh, even though he's a facist orc, his "you are dismissed" event shows that he wants the Horde to come out on top but isn't out to kill every Alliance race in Azeroth. Though we don't know the intentions of his allies though. So I think by now we can stop insinuating that Varian and Garrosh are anything like Hitler.
    even though i don´t agree 100%ly with what he said at the beginning, i agree with this.

regarding the uc event. varian lived in lordaeron once. when he returned, he was shocked. he just heard "at wrathgate, when our men was supposed to attack the lichking WITH the horde, the horde attacked us, with bolvar beeing killed" and now uc and all the hatred towards the horde he burried deep inside him just exploded.

i think at that time, he really wished to extinct the horde. but it was more or less a brief moment, i think somewhere after the event in ulduar he calmed down, maybe even before this and raged because of garrosh, who knows...

i don´t like varian, but we shouldn´t consider the events in uc as his reasons for all his future plans and deeds towards the horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    I really don't get hr place in cata. I read cycle of hatred, and in that I really respected her independance as a leader. In Cata, she becomes Varians lapdog/assistant? Downgrading her much blizzard?

Ok, so the horde is now lead by a complete douche who wants to kill all humans and break any notion of peace between both factions, so yeah, Theramore wouldn't be a place turd of Grom would see as anything more then another human settlement he'd want to blow up. But having Jaina removed from Theramore and put as the Chins advisor is just undermining her character.

What I would like to see, is Jaina not just being a minion of Varian, but having her own plan to break the war between both sides, and even using force to do it, sort of imagining her polying Varian and Garrosh and booting them up the backside off a cliff.
    Last edited by orcshaman24; 2010-08-10 at 11:24 AM.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

It'll be curious what jaina's reaction to all this will be. she's worked for peace between the horde and alliance so long and now it's all falling apart into a huge war. Garrosh is even backed by Thrall to some extend, "exactly what the horde needs" were his exact words.

has she finally accepted that peace just isn't happening? are those tanks from theramore there on her orders? Only time will tell! tune in next week for more Enigmatic Answers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    if she were to join the twilight cultists, then she probably would have joined arthas in the culling of stratholme
    i dont think she would join the twilight cult, she is a good friend of thrall and the twilight cult are like the arch enemies of the earthen ring

10+ Year Old Account
    Realizing she failed to stop war between the Horde and the Alliance she decides to take on something easier. She joins D.E.H.T.A and tries to make us stop killing animals instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilixer View Post
    Isn't she joining the new Order of Tirisfal?
    that's what lore says, anyways. but you know blizz.... always retconing the lore >.>
    I'd tell you to get at me, but you smell like shit, so keep your distance, please.

She needs to quit porting leaders away when they are fighting. Head back to her tower and study like she is supposed too.

Perhaps she can make Thermore Island float up like Rhonin does for Dalaran

Deleted
    She needs to go sort out her douchebag brother.

She'll be at where Thrall's balls are at durp.

Deleted
    She will be giving birth to what is thought to be Thrall's baby and it will be a baby Lich King if Knaak has any say in it.

Deleted
    she will follow Thrall around and every time he says or does something cool she will scream like a fangirl and blush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Theres the option that Jaina wont do anything major. She isn't as interesting a character to portray that much. Her personality is too simple. Her only really unique feature is that she believed Medivh and took alot of humans from Lordaeron to Kalimdor, and her close(not super close, many people play that up too much)relationship with Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
    The Alliance is a collection of kingdoms, not an empire.
    Yes, but Varian is like the Leader of the alliance, same as thrall was/garrosh is ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    Yes, but Varian is like the Leader of the alliance, same as thrall was/garrosh is ect.
    Varian was the military leader of the Northrend expedition because it was largely a Stormwind-led and -funded force. He is not the de facto leader of the Alliance and from the looks of things in Cataclysm Stormwind's starting to have economic troubles, which eliminates their position as the economic powerhouse in the Alliance.

Let me reiterate: just because Varian was in charge in Northrend does not mean he can impose his will over the entire Alliance should they decide they don't like his plans. Just look at the draenei and night elves--the night elves barely offered any aid because they had their own troubles to deal with, and the draenei that were sent to help ended up being turned away by a manipulated commander (and as such, the only draenei I recall seeing in Northrend are Argent Crusaders and death knights). Were Varian to try to take a de-facto leadership position, it would be met with poor reception from the other members. Why do you think Terenas never bothered trying to become the de-facto leader of the Alliance of Lordaeron (so named because it was unofficially housed in Lordaeron, but in no way did Terenas call all the shots)? The Alliance, at its core, is a military alliance of various races with coinciding goals, were one nation to try to assert total authority over the others, they would leave or they would cast that nation out. It's the same logic behind why Gilneas left--they didn't agree with the way the rest of the Alliance handled things, and they felt they were fighting someone else's war and paying for someone else's projects.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!