ICC10 geared or not?

Hey guys, I've been playing my warrior for a long time.. long time as in pre-BC. I mainly pvp'd on him but I'm also a fairly good tank. I moved my main to a mage which I currently raid on. Yet I want to try out tanking since it was alot of fun back then. My only problem is that I'm not 100% if I should try tanking ICC10 with my current gear. I know I might have some messed up enchants, or some gear not even enchanted. Its just me being slow on getting all that. I'm pretty sure my gemming is sorta good? I asked some of the warrior tanks from my current guild as well as old guilds past. They said I should be fine, but I want to hear your guys opinion. So here's my armory... http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Disc%C3%B8nt I'm open to all types of criticism, good and bad.. makes me a better player in the end. In case people are wondering.. I have a 4.7k GS. Keep in mind, I know all the fights up to and including LK.
    Last edited by Cirus; 2010-08-07 at 01:47 AM.

First of all, ditch all the hit gems and enchants and replace all the gems with stamina. PURE stamina, nothing else. Ditch all parry/expertise gems aswell. Even dodge is better at your gear level due DR being higher on parry so that defense+parry gem is a big nono. You only need one red gem to activate your meta and this should be either Shifting or regal dreadstone (I'm always using shifting on all my tanks) and you should be using this in your head, not your legs. Other than that you should be good to go, I would however replace the legs with tier10 and the head with the offpiece from emblems. Then you have to use your red gem to activate meta in your legs. Also, make sure you use a belt buckle and use the stam+resilience enchant. Do this and you are ready to go for 12/12 normal w/o a problem. Zonebuff will fix!

Deleted
    A few pointers:

In ICC, neither of your glyphs are good. Cleaving does nothing, Sunder Armor does nothing, Blocking does something but other glyphs do it better. The best glyph for tps and raid dps is Devastate, since you get Sunders up faster + get into the SS > Rev > SW > Dev prioritation faster to max out tps. Vigilance is also good for threat, but I'd suggest picking up Taunt and perhaps Shield Wall. Also the Bloodrage minor glyph should be used at all times.

Max out your professions, you get a good 60 stam from mining and a great amount of armor from Engineering.

Drop the points you spent in Focused Rage and move them to Imp TC. It's one of our best talents for surviving, there's no reason not to have it.

Gemming for hit is fine, but not ideal. Gem priority is Stamina > Defense > Hit/Exp/Dodge. Or, in other words, Solid Majestics all the way. Gem with hybrids to pick up gem bonuses requiring one gem that isn't a Solid Majestic. The bonunses worth picking up are +9/+12 stamina.

Should you find you lack TPS, pick up all threat glyphs and get yourself some hit from somewhere. Weapon chains are a cheap way of getting that extra hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    A few pointers:

In ICC, neither of your glyphs are good. Cleaving does nothing, Sunder Armor does nothing, Blocking does something but other glyphs do it better. The best glyph for tps and raid dps is Devastate, since you get Sunders up faster + get into the SS > Rev > SW > Dev prioritation faster to max out tps. Vigilance is also good for threat, but I'd suggest picking up Taunt and perhaps Shield Wall. Also the Bloodrage minor glyph should be used at all times.

Max out your professions, you get a good 60 stam from mining and a great amount of armor from Engineering.

Drop the points you spent in Focused Rage and move them to Imp TC. It's one of our best talents for surviving, there's no reason not to have it.

Gemming for hit is fine, but not ideal. Gem priority is Stamina > Defense > Hit/Exp/Dodge. Or, in other words, Solid Majestics all the way. Gem with hybrids to pick up gem bonuses requiring one gem that isn't a Solid Majestic. The bonunses worth picking up are +9/+12 stamina.

Should you find you lack TPS, pick up all threat glyphs and get yourself some hit from somewhere. Weapon chains are a cheap way of getting that extra hit.
    Yea, the only reason why I have these current glyphs is to make herioc tanking alot easier on trash. Yea... I'll get mining up but I really dislike lvling engineering. But thanks both of you for pointers + tips!