Deleted

Completing pvp gear

I was going to post it in sticky pvp thread but seeing how long it become I decided to make separate thread - and I'm a little tired, so it may be messy:

Please take a look at my armory (in signature) and tell me few things:

I've never really done real pvp aside from bgs in pve gear and now as I'm trying to complete proper frost pvp set I found that most of availiable "starter" pvp items are worse than my current pve gear (in terms of haste mainly) - still if I were to use pve gear I would lack a lot of resilience and spen (enchants would be more or less ok). Now it seems the only upgrades (not really big though) for pvp would be relentless boots, cloak and trinket(s). Got some more pvp pieces but using them would broke 4pt10 bonus not giving much instead. Theres no way I would replace gems and enchants on pve gear everytime I swich pvp/pve.

Now, aside from what I could get from vendors (zero arena points and zero personal rating) I also got following pieces that may help in bank: Wrathful legs and hands, sister's handshrouds (more haste, +1 gem slot), Shoulders of mercy killing (+1 gem slot), Lich wrappings (haste), Frost Needle (haste), Nibelung, non-heroic version of my current staff. And low ilvl things that would increase haste: Prelate's Snowshoes, Abyssal Rune, Egraved Gargogyle Femur.

So - should I go with current pve gear with minor changes as above (relentless boots, cloak and trinket(s)), or use worse pvp gear with proper gemming etc ?

Other thing I want to ask - where does pvp hitcap come from ? You aren't fighting anything above your own level right ? I assume it may be for dodge or something of other classes, but actually I don't know much about any other class than mage.

So far I'm thinking about using some non-tier pve pieces with pvp gemming enchants, and leaving the rest of pve gear as it is. Would like to hear what you think about it.

you want a lot of resilience or a hunter might look at you funny and you'll fall over (it still happens at 1300 resil) pillars are your best friend
    btw are you aware that you have 25% hit in your pve gear/spec

this alone makes me think you are hopeless

pvp hitcap is 4% but most people get 6% for random class/spec misses

id wear 4pc pvp shoulders of mercy killing (they better be heroic nub)

your faction ring and everything else pvp.

your call tho