Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Spott View Post
    Coming to the end of the Expansion, ive kinda gotten sick of this! I mean, if im going for iron man in WSG, and since the class is so over populated, im chains of iced and death gripped like its a 2sec cd, with no DR! does any1 else think this is annoying? and does any1 know if this is being changed in cata? plz?
    I think Im getting trolled but I will bite. DR only counts for CCs like fear/sheep/seduce and silences also. Rogue poisons which slow do not go on DR either, which makes sense. If chains went on DR they would have to put hamstring and rogue poisons on DR which would cripple all melee classes.

I wonder how diminishing returns would work on Death Grip anyway. First time it pulls you to the Death Knight, second time it pulls you halfway to him, third time it only pulls you a quarter of the way to him?

10+ Year Old Account

Chains of Ice is really quite annoying. In the expansion though, it has been nerfed to the point where it isn't like being completely immobile.

Also, pro tip... you can dispell chains of ice with dispell magic.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Spott View Post
    Coming to the end of the Expansion, ive kinda gotten sick of this! I mean, if im going for iron man in WSG, and since the class is so over populated, im chains of iced and death gripped like its a 2sec cd, with no DR! does any1 else think this is annoying? and does any1 know if this is being changed in cata? plz?
    Actually you're being death gripped like its a 35 second cooldown, less with talents but I don't know that anyone actually talents it. CoI has no cooldown/dr but it takes a frost rune to cast which 1. limits how often it can be cast and 2. prevents the use of other abilities which will almost always be much better than spamming CoI. You're probably over reacting to something that annoys you and isn't actually over powered.

What you're really complaining about is the over population of DKs. It just doesn't make sense to nerf classes based on how many people play them. As someone that has an 80 DK that I rarely pvp with I can tell you that these abilities are absolutely vital to the class's viability in PvP. This DK isn't my main and I have other 80s that I PvP on that are ranged and I know it sucks getting gripped and killed in BGs. It sucks as much as being stun locked, or nuked while feared, or kited. All of those can be countered and are legitimate tatics. The guy that said DG shouldn't work in PvP because its a taunt is just mad that he can't kite melee all day. Melee need gap closers so they can even participate in PvP rather than getting kited and sniped. Suggesting that DG be on diminishing return is like melee classes suggesting the ranged attacks be on DR.

A large part of PvP is positioning yourself and avoiding melee if you are ranged. Its just something you have to deal with in BGs rather than break the entire class. Warlocks, mages, ele shams, moonkin and a few other classes already have excellent counters to it, and in cataclysm you might even have priests using leap of faith to pull people back. Most DKs will sit out of range and charge forward to DG, if you pay attention you can avoid being the guy that gets picked off every time.
    Last edited by deneweth; 2010-08-07 at 01:16 PM.

I think most people would agree that chains of ice is the most annoying/overpowered slow in the game. I remember early in wotlk doing arena vs dk's b4 they got nerfed into the ground they'd literally cast chains of ice 6 times in a row on me with my 2's partner trying to dispel between each as I was chasing his healer teammate.

95% slow from 30 yards away is just too much, and the talent that allowed it to sometimes instantly return the frost rune combined with it truly mabe it imbalanced. What can you say though, Deathknights started out overpowered and blizz nerfed some of the wrong abilities leaving them the single most annoying instant root/slow in the game but and not much else that good. Glad it is being changed to a flat rate and they should be getting a bit of love in other places to compensate.

Death grip imo is fine, far less annoying than a warrior stance dance charging every 10 sec.
    Last edited by Raar; 2010-08-07 at 01:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks and mages already have excellent counters to it
    Ehrm locks do what? Strangulate 5sec, petstun, AMS, dead if unlucky.
    I think locks are balanced vs DK's but when u mention warlocks as "excellent" you are far off.
    A mage can always IB, a warlock cant do shit during 5secs strangulate or during ur AMS, neither can we do anything against ur pet since we cant frostnova it like the mage can.

Would love to be able to fear ghouls
    Last edited by Bakis; 2010-08-07 at 01:19 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread should totally de-rail to talk about how awesome the DK ranger's video is. I must say though, I would of been a lot more devious. Made all Forsaken DK's and dragged my victim under the water, or dragged into the middle of the Horde settlement rather then the outside, then have someone sit at the spirit rez to chain of ice spam until the others could get there and drag back to wherever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    head cut off? just a setback!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think it's getting nerfed, AND; DK's uses runes with Cooldown which is a sort of DR for every semi-spamable spell for DKs. Only specs can make the Chains occour more often but that is only if you do fx. a Chain instead of a scourge strike= lowering DPS/trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDes View Post
    Chains of Ice, Deathgrip, Desecration and all those other snares you DKs have is stuff you don't need. It's OP, it always has been, and when rated BGs hit, Capture the flag is going to be dominated by DK's snares.
    Okay Mr. Funny-Quote, then how are DKs supposed to get near their target without those spells? You know, because spamming Icy Touch does not work anymore since a year or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    Okay Mr. Funny-Quote, then how are DKs supposed to get near their target without those spells? You know, because spamming Icy Touch does not work anymore since a year or so.
    If its a melee target, it will come to you, no need to slow him. If its a ranged target, he wont do dps on the run, just like a dk doesnt do dps when spamming chains.

Double win situation for dks sitting on a ranged (on paper at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I think locks are balanced vs DK's but when u mention warlocks as "excellent" you are far off.
    A mage can always IB, a warlock cant do shit during 5secs strangulate or during ur AMS, neither can we do anything against ur pet since we cant frostnova it like the mage can.

Using every single cooldown on the warlock is really a good tactic and is totally viable, and you always have all your CD's lined up when you meet a warlock in a BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

My reply was to his specific complaint of getting DG'd and CoI'd in BGs. Locks should be able to telport away unless they are immediately CC'd, in which case CC is the problem and is being addressed in cata.

The situation you present sounds more like arena where you'd rely on your partners disabling the DK while he disables you, but even there you should have demonic circle up. DKs can be very strong counters to locks when they get the jump and unload those cooldowns. Its certainly annoying to combo'd like that, but getting taken from full hp to dead without being able to control your character isn't really a DK specific issue, nor is it related to DG and CoI. Without deathgrip and CoI they wouldn't be able to kill any lock that lived past stun/strangulate/AMS. The CC issues are being fixed in cata and CoI is becoming a flat 60% for the whole duration snare.

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    If its a melee target, it will come to you, no need to slow him. If its a ranged target, he wont do dps on the run, just like a dk doesnt do dps when spamming chains.

Double win situation for dks sitting on a ranged (on paper at least)
    How is chasing someone a win for the DK? What if the ranged could somehow slow the movement speed of the DK or stop them all together? Then they could DPS while staying out of melee range. This is why all ranged classes have snares/roots/get away abilities and all melee have snares/stuns/gap closing abilities. They counter each other, some classes are better at countering others. Abilities like DG are what makes PvP with 10 classes interesting and not just copy pasted abilities.

I'm starting to think a lot of these posts are just terrible PvPers shouting OMGNERF because they got hit with a 95% snare six times in a row... I'm supprised the DK didn't just summon his army of dancing rune weapon wielding gargoyles.
    Last edited by deneweth; 2010-08-07 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    This thread should totally de-rail to talk about how awesome the DK ranger's video is.
    I'm in complete agreement. That was 14 minutes well spent. When it panned through the water, I was thinking "oh god...they're not...that's even more of a dick move than dragging them to the NPCs." And then I saw the under water breathing and lost it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.