Thread: Holy Power

Holy Power

What do you all think? Good? Bad?

Personally I think it will be a really cool mechanic if it can be made into a UI display. I really hate the position on the buff slot.

I really hope it scares off most of the bad paladins that are only capable of mashing 3 buttons with no correlation to resources.

/discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Good mechanic, and they've already said it's getting it's own UI/bar thing, I'm guessing they're making sure it works first before they put it in.
    I'm about 75% happy with it so far, it seems okay for Ret, not sure about Holy but I've heard no complaints, prot however needs maybe one more way to generate it (maybe something on Sanctuary 'gives you a 25% chance whenever you dodge, parry or block to generate 1 Holy Power') as at the moment it takes ~12 seconds to get a full stack, so we can just about get up enough stacks for a decent ShoR before we need to refresh HS.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yeah, Holy looks a little broken so far but I think that is just because of the fact you have to heal the target with beacon to get the stacks.

It really defeats the purpose of BoL IMO.

i personally hope its not too much like combo points. otherwise its a good mechanic that will get rid of the paladin stereotypes lol

I dont think it will be like combo points. If you look at it, loads of specs/classes are getting something to manage alongside their base resource.

BM hunter, Boomkins, Locks, (there might be more)

Personally I think this is a good thing. The face rolling HAS to stop. PVE has gotten really boring to me because of the face rolling. That and a fucking interrupt /fap

Blizz is also bringing back CC... YAY

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Yeah, Holy looks a little broken so far but I think that is just because of the fact you have to heal the target with beacon to get the stacks.

Not true. Holy Shock also generates 1 Holy Power. And the redesigned Holy Shock is MUCH more attractive.
    Holy Talents reduce its mana cost to nearly nothing, and it heals for slightly more than Holy Light.
    You're going to be using it every time its off CD.

I really love the idea, I just hope it's not too limited for Protection however(like Gallahadd mentioned).

Quote Originally Posted by frownface2000 View Post
    Not true. Holy Shock also generates 1 Holy Power. And the redesigned Holy Shock is MUCH more attractive.
    Holy Talents reduce its mana cost to nearly nothing, and it heals for slightly more than Holy Light.
    You're going to be using it every time its off CD.
    Sexy!

I also think holy power is a good ideal, Can't wait for cata to come out.

Aside from it completly sucking for prot it is nice. It will set rets apart (if only through RNG). Give holy mre to do. But prot needs More ways to generate it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Awesome, as a Retribution Paladin I love that now I have a real rotation, not just FCFS (facerolling), and something interesting to menage. I was getting tired of Ret, srsly. Also Rebuke its cool fo PvP, and we are getting HoJ each 40 secs (the -20 secs its in the 1st tier).

For Holy its cool, but give me Holy Light scaling with Holy Power. Seriously, that ability its useless as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yazus View Post
    Awesome, as a Retribution Paladin I love that now I have a real rotation, not just FCFS (facerolling), and something interesting to menage. I was getting tired of Ret, srsly. Also Rebuke its cool fo PvP, and we are getting HoJ each 40 secs (the -20 secs its in the 1st tier).

For Holy its cool, but give me Holy Light scaling with Holy Power. Seriously, that ability its useless as it is.
    The rotation will still be fcfs. Go look at the new divine purpose.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I don't see how it defeats the purpose of BoL. Perhaps your idea of what BoL is supposed to be is incorrect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yazus View Post

Having Holy Light scale and consume Holy Power would be the absolute worst thing that could ever happen. Holy Light will be our bread and butter spell, anytime we're gathering stacks to use Word of Glory and we pop a Holy Light inbetween so people don't die, poof no more Holy Power. Now if it was not used so often spell like Light of Dawn, then it would be okay and make sense. But none of our three basic heals, with the possible exception of Divine Light, should have any interaction with Holy Power.

My issue with holy power as a holy paladin(ironic, I know) is that its a secondary resource that we have to build up and manage, that no other healer has. So is holy power supposed to be something 'fun' to add flavour and we're not balanced around any and can do out job with mana alone, or are we getting balanced around having it generated at a certain rate and we are inferior to other healers who just have to cast and let spirit give thier mana back?

With the changes to our spells to make holy light and flash of light change places mana and healing wise to be more in line with the other healers, it seems like we're getting shoved back into TBC healing where you spammed flash of light over and over on the tank alone, and you couldn't do anything else, otherwise you run out of mana and were useless. Wanna use that new aoe heal spell? Can't, I'm on the tank, can't afford to waste the mana on progression content.

People(well, some of them are anyways) are jumping for joy that CC is coming back but having set healers assigned to set groups coming back so that theres no overhealing, no wasting mana and no way to really shine as a paladin. Having to manage mana and keeping the tank up with beacon and healing the raid with holy light to keep everyone up and group heal with the holy light glyph and judgement of light was fun for me, and anyone who finds it too boring must not be doing too many hard modes. Having to do dps with crusader strike and heal with holy shock to generate the holy power to get free heals to seems clunky at best and if I have to spend mana on the crusader strike and on the holy shock, then that free word of glory isn't really free, is it?

TL;DR Holy power seems like it will need a LOT of tuning to be 'fun' for a holy paladin rather than a gimping mechanic that puts us at the bottom of the healing meters and set to tank heals ONLY again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebeau View Post
    I don't see how it defeats the purpose of BoL. Perhaps your idea of what BoL is supposed to be is incorrect?
    BoL heals the beaconed target whenever you heal anyone within range. Now you have to heal them directly just to get holy power. obviously defeating the purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    BoL heals the beaconed target whenever you heal anyone within range. Now you have to heal them directly just to get holy power. obviously defeating the purpose.
    Except the new design of beacon is for it to be a help healing two targets, not to completely cover all healing that target will need.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    Except the new design of beacon is for it to be a help healing two targets, not to completely cover all healing that target will need.
    Ohh really? I haven't read it, thought it was the same ;X

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh really? I haven't read it, thought it was the same ;X
    It now transfers only 50% of the heal to the beaconed target, so the beacon will still get heals, but will every once in a while need to be healed directly to get the extra health of a full heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    The rotation will still be fcfs. Go look at the new divine purpose.
    In Cata it will be more of a priority system (like many other classes) than it is FCFS.

What we do now is FCFS. The new system will be more random, and not just mashing a button because it is not on cooldown.

With that said, I like Holy Power ^^