Thread: Zerging Sindy10

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Zerging Sindy10

So, people probably ask this a lot, but how good a chance does a group stand of zerging 10m Sindragosa?

Our group has been out of practice for a month or two, and we came back to the same old wipes on her. I don't know if we're stupid or just lack coordination, but something is not going right. People aren't able to clear their stacks, ice blocks aren't getting down, more than one person is getting frozen sometimes.

My question is, we're all embarassingly overgeared, what do you think our prospects are using one tank, one raid healer, one tank healer and 7 dps? I've seen videos and have heard success stories but it seems like maybe more trouble than it's worth.

if its normal ? then I would expect so
    still use 2 tanks, enter P3 BL/Hero nuke it to death.
    you wont be able to skip the air phase however.

However I don't wish to be rude but if its causing you trouble then maybe your dps wont be up to it to zerg at least.

srsly what is so hard about the sindy fight
    its not a dps race watch your stacks
    firstly hug sindy so you have more time to move when your drawn in
    secondly watch to see whos marked for encasement then hide behind them and slowly dps them down
    then for magical buffet use the front leg to tale tactic and dont be retarded see who gonna be iceblocked and yell to them to move out the raid then wait then run to them

you can't, unchained magic is gonna kill 2 people before she's dead, in the air phase you still have to do the same thing, and then in the last phase, you still have to approach it exactly the same

you can't avoid the mechanics that will kill/stop/reduce dps so there really is no way to zerg it

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    srsly what is so hard about the sindy fight
    its not a dps race watch your stacks
    firstly hug sindy so you have more time to move when your drawn in
    secondly watch to see whos marked for encasement then hide behind them and slowly dps them down
    then for magical buffet use the front leg to tale tactic and dont be retarded see who gonna be iceblocked and yell to them to move out the raid then wait then run to them
    u mad scientist

to OP: tbh it would be better for you to take her down normally and learn how to play as a team, if you dont have the coordination for sindragosa youre gonna hit a brick wall on lich king.

Deleted
    i use to do zerg mode on p3 we used 1 tank (me) and i was only 1 resetting my stacks by when she does blistering cold i pop bubble then remove bubble asap then carry on nuking but we learning to do it normal way now as we will need to know it in futrue. otherwise we used 2 healers rest dps. should defo be double now with 30% stack for zerg providing ppl lack dps

When the hell did people start to call sindragosa sindy :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    I knew people who did it within a week of her being raidable. Myself included.

Although, I stand with krillanlol, you're better off doing the fight properly, although I would disagree with the Lich King being a brick wall. Maybe I'm mad but I found the Lich King a lot easier than Sindy. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats so hard with the normal tacts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    About 6 months ago, could be a little more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arioc View Post
    Whats so hard with the normal tacts?
    In a world where people complained that XT needed to be nerfed? It requires thought.

Maybe I'm being cynical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me and sindy are dating, she gives me phat lootz, dont nuke her please, you will save mroe time just doing it regularly, just come back and do it when cata comes out
    Why isn't Harrison Jones in BFA?
    I mean, Blizzard, srously? We ought to see the old chap in Vol'Dun!
    I think he is a bit afraid of snakes! (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo tanking guide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2GMKEJ_6S8

Sindragosa is a rather difficult encounter, especially if your group has never attempted it before. One of the more difficult aspects of the encounter is managing the tank swap amongst all the chaos of phase 2.

Solo tanking Sindragosa can make the encounter significantly easier on everyone... kind of. Healers no longer need to deal with abruptly swapping targets and the raid gains an additional healer or dps which can make all the difference, trust me.

But attempting this is no minor feat, by the end of the fight her breaths will be hitting you for well over 70k, which is why you need a frost resistance set to lessen that damage.

There are many raid viable items with frost resistance on them, I do not suggest equipping them all as it may impact on your more vital stats too greatly. Getting your frost resistance near to 350 unbuffed is ideal.

Here is a list of the best frost resistance items and enchantments you want.

Head
    Frostforged Greathelm (Death Knight)
    Helm of Wrath (Warrior)
    Judgement Heaume (Paladin)
    Stormrage Coverlet (Druid)

Back
    Enchant Cloak - Superior Frost Resistance

Chest
    Icebane Chestguard (Plate)
    Polar Vest (Leather)

Belt
    Icebane Girdle (Plate)
    Polar Cord (Leather)

Feet
    Icebane Treads (Plate)
    Polar Boots (Leather)

Ring
    Titanium Frostguard Ring

Trinket
    Sindragosa's Flawless Fang which, ironically, you have to defeat Sindragosa to obtain.

I also suggest investing in a few Lesser Flasks of Resistance, they are a REALLY big help.

Of course this gear will most likely drop you below the defense cap and reduce your health by a few thousand. The lost health isn't a problem but the defense is, I suggest using the WoWhead profiler (make an account first so you can save the profile afterwards) to plan how to gem your gear so that you will be defense capped again.

With most of that gear, the flask and a Frost Resistance Aura/Totem you will have well over 500 frost resistance which should about halve all incoming frost damage. Making solo tanking Sindragosa easily solo tankable if you have decent gear. And for the love of God, MAKE SURE YOU'RE DEFENSE CAPPED mkay?
    We did it with 3 healers and 1 frost resistance geared tank (see the video).
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-08-07 at 03:08 PM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

It is possible, the way we did it (getting new recruits all you can eat and cba doing it the proper way again) was 1 main healer, 1 tank, 2 hybrids help heal when the main healer gets unchained (them healing will put them on the "healer" side of the debuff since it's always one healer and one caster, so if they take it a few times it gives your main healer some breathing space) and 8 dps. We popped bloodlust on 35% and basically nuked her down before we got to 6 stacks. If your raid is as overgeared as you say then it shouldn't be too difficult.

Just do what my guild did to get "All You Can Eat" -- Get a Hunter to get a turtle pet, grab PvP rings, neck, belt, and cloak. Enchant it all with staminda and use the turtle to tank Sindy. It takes 90% less AE damage so all you gotta worry about is the 19k melee hits and that's not even a big deal with 50k HP and 40% increases heals.

There's nothing "hard" about using the normal strat for All You Can Eat, but we used the zerg strat for both of our 10 man groups, and found it easier then doing it the normal way, and it worked out just fine. As long as you have the DPS for it, it's quite easy to do. Just make sure you pay attention to stacks and stop DPS & die/reset ASAP if you are not going to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by janeheals View Post
    People aren't able to clear their stacks, ice blocks aren't getting down, more than one person is getting frozen sometimes.
    I would rather work on these than trying some weirdo tactic. They all look like very basic mistakes. Sindi aint that hard a fight, it is no dps race, it is just a "dont make too many stupid mistakes" boss.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just did this like two hours ago. We used 1 tank, 1 healer and 8 dps. We allowed her to go into air phase twice so that we can be perfectly situated for the final phase. When we pushed her we popped BL and everyone just tunneled on the boss, disregarding any debuff you were to get on you unless you can cloak out of it or something. The healer was the heal only the tank and everyone else was using defensive cooldowns to survive. You only had to move away from everyone if you were the target of frost beacon. We downed her in three tries and got the achievement

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheeplord View Post
    In a world where people complained that XT needed to be nerfed? It requires thought.

Maybe I'm being cynical.
    Well I did XT just when it came out, in our first raid we got him down to 1% in full heroes naxx set, he wasnt that hard. But maybe thats just me, I can see how people would find his tantrum attack hard since it did like 110% dmg of your health over like a few sec (cant remember how it was exactly).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P