<Intriguing title here>

Hi there!

I was hoping that you could disclose some hints (perhaps from personal experience) as for getting up to end-game content.
    I've done everything in my power, even some unfavorable means (such as over
    hit, under expertise, agility and player versus player items)
    to get my gear score as high as possible on my own but now, at 5073 gear score, I'm at a loss.

I've never seen a raid for "Ulduar" since I returned, rarely find a group to "Onyxia's Lair" nor "Trial of the Crusader" that has requirements I fit; and it's even more rare for me to find a group I get invited to, that actually downs the bosses.
    And even then, there is the question of whether it'll drop loot in the first place, let stand me winning it from the other 5 to 10 plates. (Yes, tanks out gear content and join lower for their DPS offspec – no raid leader denies this requirement of theirs)

Of course I've also tried to be a tank myself; which I actually was when I started on my Death Knight.
    Five barriers hit me straight in the face with that course: “Ugh Death knight..” ”Ugh noob low Gear score and hit points” ”Ugh taunt for fuck sake” ”Lol brew fest trinket” ”Learn to play!!”.

So that didn't last me any longer either.
    Finding a guild is usually said to posts like mine, and I have tried.

I've spent several hours advertising in raids I join, as well as in the trades; also watching channels for guild advertisements, but there are only two types of guilds left on my realm it would seem:
    Leveling guilds with 30 level 1 to 50 characters, or guilds that only look for Ice crown Citadel geared folks with all the titles and achievements that come along with them.

This all said and done; how shall I continue?
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2010-08-07 at 08:56 PM. Reason: removed random link. (ad?)

The new icc 5 mans give ulduar equivalent gear on regular. The horics versions give gear on par with ToC. The ToC 5 man is quick and easy, and gives ilvl 200 epics and 219 on heroic. You can run chain heroics and get emblems of triumph to spend on T9 gear as well as some 245 gear. VoA is also nice for gear, giving you T9 and T10. Also, do the weekly raid quest and the daily random for the frosties. These can get you some nice gear.

Quote Originally Posted by jobdone View Post
    Guild.
    -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    The new icc 5 mans give ulduar equivalent gear on regular. The horics versions give gear on par with ToC. The ToC 5 man is quick and easy, and gives ilvl 200 epics and 219 on heroic. You can run chain heroics and get emblems of triumph to spend on T9 gear as well as some 245 gear. VoA is also nice for gear, giving you T9 and T10. Also, do the weekly raid quest and the daily random for the frosties. These can get you some nice gear.
    I've already done what you said there, capped with gear to my abilities at 5073GS.
    Also, frost gear is obvious; but it takes ~2 months to get geared in that. :|

You can only blame yourself for not getting into groups. DPS is plentiful, go tank. My warrior hit 80 and had 5200 GS in the first week, I spent 3 days mining to get pillars of might (Best tanking legs in game anyway), and boots of kingly upheaval, as well as the toc tanking wrists. You can tank heroics at 4k+ gs, with badges you can get 245 pieces and also buy the lower lvl neck and belt. I also spent a whopping 700g on rowans rifle. Gold isn't hard to farm in this game, you can also get into GDKP toc and even if nothing ends up dropping you get more badges. Enchant and gem your gear, show people you care and they will take you seriously.

In BC on my rogue, I never was able to get into raids, and my gear was bad because of this. One day, I decided to Apply to one of the top guilds that were in need of a rogue. At the time I was in Karazhan gear, and they were in BT/Sunwell content. I took a lot of time studying my class, strategies for these bosses and learning what I needed to, before applying. When I did, I put a lot of time into my application, I was very mature, and was surprised to hear that the guild I app'd to was interested in me. They took me for a trial run, an Illidan kill, which was still somewhat difficult at the time. Despite my lack of gear, I did manage to out-dps some of the core raiders at the time, and survived the mechanics of the fight. Because of this, I was recruited and then pretty much carried through Sunwell. My knowledge of my class and bosses helped me get into this great guild despite my lack of gear. I hope this helps you, seeing as an honest person who is willing to put in lots of time to help a guild out. I made it.

Do daily and weekly quests. Sure it might take you longer to gather frost badges, but in the long run you'll be able to say you geared yourself and you weren't carried. Also, like previously suggested, find yourself a guild. Even a 10 man guild would suffice for what you are looking for. After all, there is 10 man "end game" content. Not only will it provide you with better gear, it will give you experience for 25 man content.
    Good luck!

1st. Noone wants a tank that's not thoroughly familiar with the fights.

2nd. Some servers are REALLY bad about gearscore. ICC 5mans wont get you anywhere near the gear you need for these servers.

3rd. You probably arent going to find any raids for anything besides ICC. (and if what you say is true, odds are they arent going to down any bosses anyways)

Your choices are pretty limited, find a guild/raidleader willing to give you a shot or start your own raids.

Its the end of expansion funk, noone wants new players (or even new characters), they want people that already know the fights, and are fully geared so they can be carried through ICC hardmodes without anyone rolling against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    1st. Noone wants a tank that's not thoroughly familiar with the fights.

2nd. Some servers are REALLY bad about gearscore. ICC 5mans wont get you anywhere near the gear you need for these servers.

3rd. You probably arent going to find any raids for anything besides ICC. (and if what you say is true, odds are they arent going to down any bosses anyways)

Your choices are pretty limited, find a guild/raidleader willing to give you a shot or start your own raids.

Its the end of expansion funk, noone wants new players (or even new characters), they want people that already know the fights, and are fully geared so they can be carried through ICC hardmodes without anyone rolling against them.
    So true, so true..